Your best realistic first round

CactusJack

Reaction score
There are plenty of teams that need QB's. I love the idea of trading down to 20 or 22, and adding a 2nd round pick to do it.
Fautanu at 16 would be more than fine. And not just because he went to UW. It's because he's an incredible lineman who can play several positions on the line.
Build in the trenches first.
If you move back to that range, you're not getting a 2nd round pick. Best case: You would receive a 3rd.

You'd have to move back to the mid 20's (pick 25/26) or later to grab a late 2nd based on trade charts. For that reason, I'm less sold on the idea. I would prefer to stick & pick. Get a real difference maker for the team.

Fautanu will be gone at 16. There are too many teams (Jets, Raiders, Saints) who need OL help.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If you move back to that range, you're not getting a 2nd round pick. Best case: You would receive a 3rd.

You'd have to move back to the mid 20's (pick 25/26) or later to grab a 2nd based on trade charts. For that reason, I'm less sold on the idea. I would prefer to stick & pick. Get a real difference maker for the team.

Fautanu will be gone at 16. There are too many teams (Jets, Raiders, Saints) who need OL help.
All it takes is one team that's desperate for a QB OR another player sitting there at 16. It's not out of the question to add a second by dropping down 4-10 spots.
I don't care about trade charts, if a GM wants a guy bad enough, they'll make it happen.

CactusJack

Reaction score
All it takes is one team that's desperate for a QB OR another player sitting there at 16. It's not out of the question to add a second by dropping down 4-10 spots.
I don't care about trade charts, if a GM wants a guy bad enough, they'll make it happen.
You can wish it all you want, but It's not happening.

If you're picking in the mid-late 20's, the talent drop off is fairly significant. You're hoping someone falls to you. But it's unlikely.

The top OL prospects will fly off the board within the first 20 picks. All of the top tackles, including Graham Barton, will be gone at that point. Then you're essentially picking from the leftovers.

You want realistic? There you have it.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But it COULD happen. That's all I'm saying. I didn't say it WOULD happen. If you just wanna' argue, I'm not the guy.
Not my jam these days.

CactusJack

Reaction score
But it COULD happen. That's all I'm saying. I didn't say it WOULD happen. If you just wanna' argue, I'm not the guy.
Not my jam these days.
IF they do end up trading back, you're going to be underwhelmed with the compensation. That's all I'm saying.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Here are some brutal trades. Anything can happen in the draft.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Mael,

I thought were good with edge guys, we've got Nwosu, Mafe, Taylor and Hall or were you thinking that Verse or Latu could be a hand on the groud guy to replace Myles Adams ?

I think it'd be preferable to preemptively replace Taylor, and I can't count on Hall yet for quality depth as he's still an unknown.

Part of it isn't so much need, though, as it is me thinking that Verse is a talent worthy of potentially declining a trade down. Edge isn't first, second, or third on my list of needs - but I think this team needs premier talent pretty much anywhere right now, and Verse seems like the most likely available "blue chip" at 16.

With edge rushers, I pretty much always consider that spot a need. You can just never have too many.

To your point about Myles, though - I would like to see a big end. Perhaps a Brandon Dorlus or Marshawn Kneeland (Kneeland in specific I actually worry about as a classic Schneider "who the hell is that?" pick after a trade down)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This right here ^^^

You can never have too many pass rushers. Having a good rotation and keeping guys fresh and/or having depth for injuries is huge. Look at the pass rush after Nwosu went down.

joeosprey

Reaction score
my seahawks draft Bo nix christian mahogany theo johnson Dylan laube NateLynn Nathaniel watson dylan mcmahon qwan;tez stiggers

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Murphy or Fautanu, yes please. NONE of us can predict what's gonna' happen in the draft thru the 1st round. That's what makes it fun.

toffee

Reaction score
Mael,

I thought were good with edge guys, we've got Nwosu, Mafe, Taylor and Hall or were you thinking that Verse or Latu could be a hand on the groud guy to replace Myles Adams ?
More like we have Nwosu and Mafe, the other two aren't there yet

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Ok, i'll be the one who throws the bucket of cold water on you guys.

OUR biggest need from last year ??? Jeoardy music plays

RUN DEFENSE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Mac said, flexibility, run wall, setting a hard edge, we need another 3-4 DE.

Think about this. More jeopardy music....

Who is the perfect fit ?

Cheers

chris98251

Reaction score
Well in a 3 - 4 the dynamics say your bread and butter are LB's, we have brought in guys for the line, yes a 360 pound nose tackle would be nice to clog the interior, not sure we will have a chance at one of those. But LB's that can inflict punishment and fear may be had, guys that can add a few pounds so we need a frame type that can become durable. Noticed a lot of guys this year that are LB's but smaller then Kam was. I think we target LB's and trade back if a QB we like isn't there at 16, and we can trade quite a ways back and get some picks added.

CPHawk

Reaction score
This team, imo, has more holes on the O Line, but either side, build it up.
How do you figure that? We didn’t make the playoffs due to the D, not because of the OL. This team won’t be any better without drafting a lot of D. OL take 2-3 years to be a decent player. I’ll be pissed if we waste a top pick on another OL.

Draft Newton and get Sweat in the 3rd.

Latest posts