You ain't Russell Wilson Kaep

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":3jc2yplq said:
Marvin49":3jc2yplq said:
Sports Hernia":3jc2yplq said:
It's funny because Marvin over there (and I'm paraphrasing here) says "I've never seen him play like this" and "he's playing scared"...... Well Marvin must not watch any games when the Niners play in Seattle as you see it just about every time up here. Selective memory must be a wonderful thing. 8)

I HAVEN'T seen him play like this.

I've seen him play poorly. I've seen him look a bit like a deer in the headlights. I've seen him frustrated. I've seen him make poor decisions with the ball and I've seen him use his legs too much...

I've never seen him throw 5 yard passes into the turf. Twice. I've never seen him throw behind a wide open TE on a 5 yard crossing route. Twice. I've never seen him simply stand in the pocket for several seconds being afraid to let the ball go and get sacked. Seattle has had his number and I've been the first to admit that here, but this is something entirely different.

I'm now seeing him miss throws he made in his sleep 2 years ago. To put it simply, he's broken right now. I have no idea if they can fix him or if he can be fixed at all. All I can say is I've never seen him play the way he's played the last two weeks.

This isn't a "spin" either as you guys are so fond of saying. This is WORSE than what he's done vs Seattle. He seems to be playing damaged.

In the past, Keeporpick was hitting receivers that were almost standing still. This offense relies on Keep to hit moving targets, and with him being inaccurate, like he always has been, it is making his inaccuracy more pronounced than it has ever been. The only way to get Kaep to where he was before is to put the come back and stop routes back into their offense and let him rifle the ball to the receivers. Kaep trying to hit a moving target is pure comedy.

Couple things.

1) He's missing stationary targets 5 yards away. No joke. Throwing them into the ground.

2) That's flat fiction. In 2012 and 2013 he was hitting guys in stride down the field with regularity.

I really don't know why you are even arguing with me when my scenario is WORSE than yours. Just a bit of perspective, Kaps QB rating when Targeting Boldin this year was roughly 110 in 2013 and 2014.

In 2015 its about 55.

Something is wrong. Its not simply the league catching up. He's not the same guy you hate so much. That guy you hate is better than the guy playing now.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Marvin49":1qmraonc said:
Ambrose83":1qmraonc said:
OldWiseHawk":1qmraonc said:
It's like Kaepernick has a bad case of the shanks. It's easy to kick him when he's down....but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him. He's not the next Joe Montana like he was dubbed by Jaw's, but he's very capable of excelling in the NFL. I remember when Kurt Warner went to NY. He was terrible, he was oft injured, but he's even stated... It was a bad system fit. He liked quick releases and back shoulder throws. He revived his career in Az. Kaep might be nearing an end in San Fran but he is a good coordinator fit away from doing well again.

Oh... And I think Marvin was insinuating that he didn't want to make Kaep the scapegoat for the crappy play of the team.... Not sure why the need to point out whether he used the word correctly. I'm sure his point wasn't lost.

Anyhow, glad the niners are struggling, but not really a blip on the radar at the moment... on topic, Goldilocks would know since he was able to play four quarters vs Kaepernick., something she struggled to do in the championship.

NO and no, the dude has awful throwing mechanics, can not read a D to save his life and was "good" the first year likr RG3 because defenses did not know how to defend him.

I could believe that if I weren't seeing him miss passes he could complete in his sleep two years ago.

"Learning to defend him" doesn't explain why he's throwing the ball into the ground. It doesn't explain why he hold the ball for several seconds before he tries to run. Something is wrong.

It's entirely possible that the league has figured him out, but it's much, much more than that.

ya he sucks, he has zero confidence and it shows... he does not trust what he sees, I have never seen a qb throw more wobbly balls then him.. its kinda crazy, and that motion is absurd.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
It's pretty clear what the issue is.

The 49ers coaches are thoroughly out of their depth. The guy they've put in charge of the offense is the previous QB coach -- you know, the guy mainly responsible for a perceived lack of progress in Kaepernick's development. They have a Head Coach with no real flair or feel for an offense. All the Niners have done by appointing Tomsula is ensure they've ridded themselves of a very good D-line coach when he's inevitably fired in a few weeks time.

The entire franchise is a total shambles and Kaepernick is caught in the cross-fire. He's not an elite passer but he's a very good player as we saw in the Harbaugh days. But he's seeing his career potentially ruined by the buffoonery of the owner setting up without doubt the worst collection of coaches and coordinators in the NFL.

The Niners need to clear the decks this off-season, install an offensive minded head coach with some pedigree in QB development and get back on track.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":1nkj31dt said:
rideaducati":1nkj31dt said:
Marvin49":1nkj31dt said:
Sports Hernia":1nkj31dt said:
It's funny because Marvin over there (and I'm paraphrasing here) says "I've never seen him play like this" and "he's playing scared"...... Well Marvin must not watch any games when the Niners play in Seattle as you see it just about every time up here. Selective memory must be a wonderful thing. 8)

I HAVEN'T seen him play like this.

I've seen him play poorly. I've seen him look a bit like a deer in the headlights. I've seen him frustrated. I've seen him make poor decisions with the ball and I've seen him use his legs too much...

I've never seen him throw 5 yard passes into the turf. Twice. I've never seen him throw behind a wide open TE on a 5 yard crossing route. Twice. I've never seen him simply stand in the pocket for several seconds being afraid to let the ball go and get sacked. Seattle has had his number and I've been the first to admit that here, but this is something entirely different.

I'm now seeing him miss throws he made in his sleep 2 years ago. To put it simply, he's broken right now. I have no idea if they can fix him or if he can be fixed at all. All I can say is I've never seen him play the way he's played the last two weeks.

This isn't a "spin" either as you guys are so fond of saying. This is WORSE than what he's done vs Seattle. He seems to be playing damaged.

In the past, Keeporpick was hitting receivers that were almost standing still. This offense relies on Keep to hit moving targets, and with him being inaccurate, like he always has been, it is making his inaccuracy more pronounced than it has ever been. The only way to get Kaep to where he was before is to put the come back and stop routes back into their offense and let him rifle the ball to the receivers. Kaep trying to hit a moving target is pure comedy.

Couple things.

1) He's missing stationary targets 5 yards away. No joke. Throwing them into the ground.

2) That's flat fiction. In 2012 and 2013 he was hitting guys in stride down the field with regularity.

I really don't know why you are even arguing with me when my scenario is WORSE than yours. Just a bit of perspective, Kaps QB rating when Targeting Boldin this year was roughly 110 in 2013 and 2014.

In 2015 its about 55.

Something is wrong. Its not simply the league catching up. He's not the same guy you hate so much. That guy you hate is better than the guy playing now.

He was never accurate and would hit guys in stride more by accident than accuracy and his receivers bailed him out a lot.

He is worse this year because he is thinking too much. He tried to fix every one of his many problems in a six week period all while trying to learn a new offense. No QB could do that, but then again, no QB has as many issues to fix either. If he just stops thinking, he could get back to sucking less.

rlkats

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":xfaw4rbg said:

The 49ers coaches are thoroughly out of their depth. The guy they've put in charge of the offense is the previous QB coach -- you know, the guy mainly responsible for a perceived lack of progress in Kaepernick's development. They have a Head Coach with no real flair or feel for an offense. All the Niners have done by appointing Tomsula is ensure they've ridded themselves of a very good D-line coach when he's inevitably fired in a few weeks time.

The entire franchise is a total shambles and Kaepernick is caught in the cross-fire. He's not an elite passer but he's a very good player as we saw in the Harbaugh days. But he's seeing his career potentially ruined by the buffoonery of the owner setting up without doubt the worst collection of coaches and coordinators in the NFL.

The Niners need to clear the decks this off-season, install an offensive minded head coach with some pedigree in QB development and get back on track.

Wow this is the most accurate statement i have read yet. I totally agree.

rideaducati

Reaction score
If only they could teach Kaep to look at the WR that he is NOT going to throw the ball to FIRST...

chris98251

Reaction score
He looked like he was aiming passes rather then throwing naturally, that leads to holding the ball longer and getting throws into the ground. Also I wonder if they tried to change how he grips the ball, that can also really screw up accuracy. He seems to be fighting his natural throwing motion rather then as they say shorten it up by making it more compact. Warner was known for a quick fast release, trying to incorporate his motion into a lankier body could mess up things.

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2p3ac10v said:

^^^This...Exactly! Coach Harball was the one who got the most out of Kaepernick's skill set, and now that he is gone, the poor dude has regressed back even further. Tomsula, & Baalke should sit Kaepernick down for a week, or two so he can regain some of his confidence back, because at this moment its shot to hell?! I heard word that the Niners have also brought in QB Terrelle Pryor for a try out, so maybe the brain trust down there in Santa Clara are thinking that way, & will sit CK7 down for a minute.

ptisme

Reaction score
Marvin49":29k2abuq said:
Considering Kaeps history against the Packers including the all time single game record for rush yards by a QB (181) to go along with 260 yards passing, Clay should pipe down. He's lost to Kap 3 times and looked foolish in most instances.

Packers deserved the win today. Exercised some demons...but this ain't the same team they couldn't beat the past three years.
Wrong, Clay doesn't need to pipe down. This is football. Kaep never piped down.... And while this isn't the same 49ers as 3 years ago, this isn't the same Packers defense as three years ago neither. I have seen two games where the Packers have gone against the NFC West now and neither of them have been able to match Green Bay's physicality. We'll see how the Rams handle it this week.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ptisme":7j62c8a1 said:
Marvin49":7j62c8a1 said:
Considering Kaeps history against the Packers including the all time single game record for rush yards by a QB (181) to go along with 260 yards passing, Clay should pipe down. He's lost to Kap 3 times and looked foolish in most instances.

Packers deserved the win today. Exercised some demons...but this ain't the same team they couldn't beat the past three years.
Wrong, Clay doesn't need to pipe down. This is football. Kaep never piped down.... And while this isn't the same 49ers as 3 years ago, this isn't the same Packers defense as three years ago neither. I have seen two games where the Packers have gone against the NFC West now and neither of them have been able to match Green Bay's physicality. We'll see how the Rams handle it this week.
You're feeling your oats it seems. Don't worry payback is coming and probably far sooner than you seem to think. Personally I wouldn't be happy at all to be facing the Rams right now.

ptisme

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":cn0pzvah said:
ptisme":cn0pzvah said:
Marvin49":cn0pzvah said:

You're feeling your oats it seems. Don't worry payback is coming and probably far sooner than you seem to think. Personally I wouldn't be happy at all to be facing the Rams right now.
I'm not happy about facing them either... Was just riling feathers after having to hear how physical the NFCW is in the off season:)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3t7z6fec said:
ptisme":3t7z6fec said:
Marvin49":3t7z6fec said:

:lol:

Last week you were basically saying the Rams were trash.. now the best team in the NFC should be worried.

Rodgers is going to light them up.

ringless

Reaction score
I have to agree with Marvin on this one. You can see it in his face, and body that he is mentally unprepared right now. When you let frustration get the best of you, or your emotions you play poorly. I've done it myself, I am sure we all have. You get upset and you can lose technique. There is a lot that is compounding the issues. Not only that is has to be clear to Kap that the staff doesnt trust him to throw right now and thats not helping either.

PackerNation

Reaction score
ptisme":cpr9ej2z said:
I'm not happy about facing them either... Was just riling feathers after having to hear how physical the NFCW is in the off season:)

They have a great front 7 but we have a decent OL (Bulaga might be back), a good running game and the best QB in the NFL. Our defense is much improved so I don't think we lose at home to these guys. I doubt we go undefeated but then again, losing in Lambeau is pretty rare these days.

It's the NFL though, you never know what might happen.

Clay is a beast and one of the best in the NFL. So happy he is a Packer!

gbmat.0.gif

ptisme

Reaction score
PackerNation":cm4y22a5 said:
ptisme":cm4y22a5 said:

They have a great front 7 but we have a decent OL (Bulaga might be back), a good running game and the best QB in the NFL. Our defense is much improved so I don't think we lose at home to these guys. I doubt we go undefeated but then again, losing in Lambeau is pretty rare these days.

It's the NFL though, you never know what might happen.

Clay is a beast and one of the best in the NFL. So happy he is a Packer!

gbmat.0.gif
I keep imagining if only we had four Clay's (one at each LB spot) we'd rule the world!!!! LOL.... Seriously, Clay is a beast and any body who rips him would love to have him starting on their team.