Would Seattle consider signing Jarryd Hayne??

Marvin49

Reaction score
Vancanhawksfan":1w38dqd2 said:
Marvin49":1w38dqd2 said:
Vancanhawksfan":1w38dqd2 said:
Marvin49":1w38dqd2 said:
That article is a joke. Lol.

"If you read between the lines". That's comical. That's the writer using creative license to tell the story he wants to tell.

Hayne isn't a good NFL running back right now. 49ers just lost their #1 RB for possibly upwards of a month. They need a back with experience so they activated one from the practice squad and released the one with little experience in the homes if signing him to the practice squad. That stuff happens every single day during the season. The only diff is this guy is famous for playing another sport. That's it. He's not a good position player right now. I said that BEFORE he was released.

I gotta tell ya...the reactions to Hayne being released are the reasons why even I can't stand Niner fans sometimes.

He looked pretty good in preseason. Obviously he needs some coaching but to say he's not a good running back right now sounds like you're completely dismissing what he's shown - both in production and potential

If you think he's looked good as a RB then you don't know what you're watching or you aren't really watching.

The dude runs WAY, WAY to high. He tries to get lower, but it's totally unnatural. He hesitates to find his lane and isn't smooth by any stretch. He's obviously thinking too much...which is to be expected of a guy who is just learning to play the game. He had some long runs in the preseason, but they were through holes you could drive a tank through.

To give him credit, there are some things he does well. He's very good at making the first man miss despite appearing to be a bit slow footed (lack of lateral speed). He is pretty good when he can get into the open field, tho not a burner.

If you can get him in open spaces, he's a threat. The problem is that doesn't happen all that much as a RB unless you can get through the LOS. As a returner tho, he was/is much more likely to find those spaces and that's why I think he may have a future there.

Its possible that with another year of coaching he can be a much better RB. The guy is an athlete...but he ain't there right now.

I keep reading (particularly from people from Australia) how the Niners disrespected him and how he should go to a team that appreciates him. That's freakin ludicrous. He's competing against guys who have been playing RB their entire lives. Thinking he's been disrespected because they want to move him to their practice squad is disrespectful to al the men who have been working at it all their lives.

Way to be totally condescending. There are LOTS of running backs who have done outstanding work running in an upright fashion. Eric Dickerson was one...geezus, not everyone runs like Barry Sanders. Seattle fans will be very familiar with an upright runner that produced very well here which is Shaun Alexander. Hayne reminds me alot of him except that Hayne would be a far tougher version of Alexander - Hayne HATES running out of bounds (if you've seen his highlights you will see times where he is heading to the sideline with players in pursuit, and then right at the sideline stops, turns infield and tries to truck the tacklers without being forced out of bounds. I love that). Hayne is a slippery, elusive big man who always makes the first guy miss and moves much faster than he appears to be. He doesn't dip, cut and jitterbug as much as he will make one juke and then slide through the space.

Guys like you are all worried that his upright style leaves him open to getting smashed. The problem is that he's proving that he seems to be just fine taking the hits - and for the most part he eludes the big hits. And when he goes into a tackle he does manage to get his pad level low before contact. So what really is your problem here then if his production is there? In the few opportunities he's had he has demonstrated that he can power through tacklers as well like he did against the Cardinals on his 8 yard red zone run and in the goal line drills in pre-season against the 49ers 1st string defense.

And don't forget...SF runs in a zone blocking scheme. He was being trained to pause and allow a hole to open up before running straight into the line of scrimmage. I think guys like you would argue that his production comes from great big gaping holes that anyone could run through when I think its because he allows holes to open up before he dives right in. That SF line is absolutely horrific...of course he's not going to dive straight in if there's nothing there. Every other running back not named Hyde in that organization is averaging less than 2 yds/carry.

Guys like you are more worried that he's only shown brilliance in preseason against "2nd stringers and guys that get cut and are no longer in the league". THE GUY HAD NEVER STRAPPED ON PADS AND A HELMET IN HIS LIFE, AND IN HIS FIRST GAME OF ORGANIZED FOOTBALL AT ANY LEVEL HE IS RIPPING IT UP AGAINST PROFESSIONALS. Would you rather that he had a resume and massive statistics running against teenage children in schools like Appalachian State, Vanderbilt and the University of Miami, Ohio before you recognize a guy's potential?!?! It always blows me away when people say "it was only preseason"?!?! He was running up his stats against grown me - NFL professionals...not your cousin and chumps who went to your alma mater!! Yet fans are always ready to give the keys to the city to kids who have played for only 2 years running up gaudy statistics at a college level against...other children?!?! Boggles my mind.

Did he look polished? No, of course not. Did he miss a block? Yeah...he might have missed one or two. But you can look at every play ever run in the NFL and find players that miss a block on each down. So why is he getting picked on when he misses one? (because he's the guy that's never played...easy scapegoat)

Of course he still needs to learn. But he produced, and in the end that is the main thing that matters. And he did it without knowing jack sh1t and walking into a massive cluster@#$@ of a situation in SF where no one knows what they are doing from the front office to the coaching staff to the horrific offensive line that can't block their way through a soggy paper bag.

"Don't know what I'm watching"?!?! GTFO. I'd trust Roger Craig and Ricky Watter's opinions - guys that are screaming for the 49ers to let Hayne play more - than you. I'd bet that they know what their watching.

Dramatic much?

Look...believe that he's Shaun Alexander or Eric Dickerson all you want. Believe that "tearing it up" in the PRESEASON means he'll be a star. Have a ball man. Seriously.

I'll trust my eyes. Its not just that he runs high...its that he doesn't run like an NFL RB. If you don't see that, I really don't know what to tell you. It should also be noted that I said ALL OF THIS BEFORE he was released. I didn't suddenly start disliking him when he was released as you seem to have suddenly become his biggest fan.

49ers aren't giving up on him BTW. They are trying to get him on their practice squad where he belongs. Only reason this is even an issue is that he's famous. That's it.

Production? 8 carries for 25 yards. 2 fumbles on 8 punt returns. Barnburner there. When did I say he was only good against backups? I said he had a couple long runs when he got huge holes. On that topic though, why don'cha go back over the last 5 or 6 seasons and look up who the leading rusher was in preseason.

I think the part that cracks me up the most is accusing me of being condescending while simultaneously saying the 49ers don't know what they are doing by releasing Hayne. Yer funny. :D

Craig? Watters? Please. I also remember Ronnie Lott saying the Niners made a "great move" when they drafted Taylor Mays. Mike Singletary didn't like Patrick Willis when he first saw him. Mort thought Kaepernick could be the best QB ever. Ex-players have opinions...doesn't make them any better or more accurate than ours.

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
Marvin49":3t5raumh said:
Dramatic much?

Look...believe that he's Shaun Alexander or Eric Dickerson all you want. Believe that "tearing it up" in the PRESEASON means he'll be a star. Have a ball man. Seriously.

I'll trust my eyes. Its not just that he runs high...its that he doesn't run like an NFL RB. If you don't see that, I really don't know what to tell you. It should also be noted that I said ALL OF THIS BEFORE he was released. I didn't suddenly start disliking him when he was released as you seem to have suddenly become his biggest fan.

49ers aren't giving up on him BTW. They are trying to get him on their practice squad where he belongs. Only reason this is even an issue is that he's famous. That's it.

Production? 8 carries for 25 yards. 2 fumbles on 8 punt returns. Barnburner there. When did I say he was only good against backups? I said he had a couple long runs when he got huge holes. On that topic though, why don'cha go back over the last 5 or 6 seasons and look up who the leading rusher was in preseason.

I think the part that cracks me up the most is accusing me of being condescending while simultaneously saying the 49ers don't know what they are doing by releasing Hayne. Yer funny. :D

Craig? Watters? Please. I also remember Ronnie Lott saying the Niners made a "great move" when they drafted Taylor Mays.

Reading comprehension issues much?

No one said he was going to be Shaun Alexander or Eric Dickerson. I did say that his style reminds me of them. But feel free to keep misquoting me if you want.

And if you want to critique a guy's body of work in the small sample size we've been given, then you can't simply dismiss all the good he's done (you can't just dismiss the 4 preseason games he's had when we have only seen him in 10 games but he got most of his work in the preseason) and only focus on the bad (if you did that, you can also focus on the one game that Carlos Hyde had where he fumbled AND LOST the ball twice against the Steelers...but the 9ers won't cut him just because of one bad game, right?). How many times have you seen an elite RB make 8 carries in the first half of the game and be held to 5/10/20 yards, and then slay it in the 2nd half? But if you want to only focus on that.."have a ball".

He doesn't run like an NFL running back. I won't disagree with you here. Alot of 49ers fans say he runs like a rugby player...but he doesn't run like a rugby player either. Typical rugby players - particularly backs in Union - run low just like RBs because they have to recycle ball possession after contact. Hayne succeeds despite the difference in running style. But I like his style because he is a big, heavy running, dynamic, elusive player who can break a big one at anytime and can shred a defence when given some open space, and I think he can help the 49ers or any other team he gets picked up by and if he's available to Seattle I think they should do it. The 49ers have not run one play this regular season to even try to get him the ball in space - they have not given him the opportunity to succeed. If you can't see his potential then I don't know what to tell you.

And the only reason he wasn't on the practice squad after the preseason is because the 49ers knew that if they tried to clear him through waivers that 25 other teams would snap him up in a heartbeat - they couldn't afford to put him on waivers then. Those teams that would have desired to have him then will still be out there - the only difference is that because its game day today that they might be asleep at the wheel or they might not be able to clear roster space for him, but not because they think less of him.

And I didn't say the 49ers didn't know what they were doing by releasing Hayne. I said that they don't know what they are doing...period. "If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you".

Some people can't see talent in an athlete until after they have produced. Some people can see talent before that. I would suggest that you fall into the former group - but hey...we can agree to disagree. I hope the Seahawks see that you and the 49ers don't know what you're doing and then we can all be happy.

And yeah. I'd take Roger Craig's and Ricky Watter's opinion over yours and Jim Tomsula. "If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you".

chris98251

Reaction score
There are lines about to be crossed, stop it, discuss the post but leave the personal aspect out of it.

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
HAHAHA!!!! I love it!!!!

I went to the 49ers Webzone forum and went to their game day thread as soon as I saw them taking a beating!!! It has serious comedic value!!!! And the 49er faithful is DEFINITELY not happy that the team cut Hayne!!!! It seems like every tenth post is a comment crucifying the team about this Hayne decision - and particularly in light of the game today:

With 8 mins to go

1. The punt return game was non-existent

Bruce Ellington: 3 returns 11 yds 3.7 yds/return
Reggie Bush: 1 return 0 yds - yds/return

Team total 4 returns 11 yds 2.8 yds/return

2. The running backs were pathetic:

Mike Davis: 10 carries 4 yds 0.4 yds/carry : out with hand injury after 2 quarters
Kendall Gaskins: 5 carries 6 yds 1.2 yds/carry
Reggie Bush (they call him Reggie "Glass"): 0 carries : out with knee injury in 1st quarter (slipped on concete out of bounds! lol!)

Total 15 carries for 10 yds 0.7 yds/carry

Alot of their fans said that they have all but given up on even watching the 49ers particularly when they heard about them cutting him. So many of them were saying that he was the lone bright spot in a dismal season and was the only reason they wanted to watch 49er games this season (and no - this isn't just the Aussie contingent saying this!)

The beat writers are trashing the 49ers about the cut. Google Cam Inman!

https://twitter.com/CamInman?ref_src=tw ... r%5Eauthor

https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/6 ... 4289050625

And I loved this one tweet!!!

"John Dylan ‏@JohnDylan48 17m17 minutes ago
@MaioccoCSN How sad is it, that I legitimately am starting to think I want Hayne to get the hell away from my fav team? *For HIS sake."

Seriously ...the fans know what they got with him. Marvin is not the majority in his assessment of Hayne.

hawk45

Reaction score
Lol at Hayne being top 20 on the list of Niner fan laments this year.

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
They even lost their top special teams gunner to injury, LJ McCray along with RB Reggie Bush who was supposed to do the PR duties and RB Mike Davis. The fans were freaking out because Hayne showed good skills on kickoff and punt defence as a gunner too!! The commentary is beautiful to read!!

I really don't think the Seahawks will get a crack at him...he will get picked up by a lot of other teams before he gets to us. Green Bay, Dallas and Detroit in particular could use a PR/KR and backup RB.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Vancanhawksfan":3aj59ixp said:
Marvin49":3aj59ixp said:
Dramatic much?

Craig? Watters? Please. I also remember Ronnie Lott saying the Niners made a "great move" when they drafted Taylor Mays.

Reading comprehension issues much?

No one said he was going to be Shaun Alexander or Eric Dickerson. I did say that his style reminds me of them. But feel free to keep misquoting me if you want.

And if you want to critique a guy's body of work in the small sample size we've been given, then you can't simply dismiss all the good he's done (you can't just dismiss the 4 preseason games he's had when we have only seen him in 10 games but he got most of his work in the preseason) and only focus on the bad (if you did that, you can also focus on the one game that Carlos Hyde had where he fumbled AND LOST the ball twice against the Steelers...but the 9ers won't cut him just because of one bad game, right?). How many times have you seen an elite RB make 8 carries in the first half of the game and be held to 5/10/20 yards, and then slay it in the 2nd half? But if you want to only focus on that.."have a ball".

He doesn't run like an NFL running back. I won't disagree with you here. Alot of 49ers fans say he runs like a rugby player...but he doesn't run like a rugby player either. Typical rugby players - particularly backs in Union - run low just like RBs because they have to recycle ball possession after contact. Hayne succeeds despite the difference in running style. But I like his style because he is a big, heavy running, dynamic, elusive player who can break a big one at anytime and can shred a defence when given some open space, and I think he can help the 49ers or any other team he gets picked up by and if he's available to Seattle I think they should do it. The 49ers have not run one play this regular season to even try to get him the ball in space - they have not given him the opportunity to succeed. If you can't see his potential then I don't know what to tell you.

And the only reason he wasn't on the practice squad after the preseason is because the 49ers knew that if they tried to clear him through waivers that 25 other teams would snap him up in a heartbeat - they couldn't afford to put him on waivers then. Those teams that would have desired to have him then will still be out there - the only difference is that because its game day today that they might be asleep at the wheel or they might not be able to clear roster space for him, but not because they think less of him.

And I didn't say the 49ers didn't know what they were doing by releasing Hayne. I said that they don't know what they are doing...period. "If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you".

Some people can't see talent in an athlete until after they have produced. Some people can see talent before that. I would suggest that you fall into the former group - but hey...we can agree to disagree. I hope the Seahawks see that you and the 49ers don't know what you're doing and then we can all be happy.

And yeah. I'd take Roger Craig's and Ricky Watter's opinion over yours and Jim Tomsula. "If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you".

Is this guy for real?

I don't even know what your point is. Lol.

I don't think Jarryd Hayne is a good RB RIGHT NOW. They needed a back with experience for today's game. Simple as that. They released Hayne with the hope of bringing him back on the practice squad. What is it exactly that you are even arguing here. I don't get it. I don't even get why you care this much as it isn't even your team.

Is it simple the desire to argue with me? Is that all it is?

Well have fun. Jarryd Hayne is the least if the Niners concerns right now.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawk45":40a7t95o said:

Could not agree more. Nothing more than a red herring. Niners have so many problems in do many areas that even talking about Hayne is comical.

rlkats

Reaction score
Marvin49":2uojwo4f said:
hawk45":2uojwo4f said:

Could not agree more. Nothing more than a red herring. Niners have so many problems in do many areas that even talking about Hayne is comical.

Highly agree.

Jville

Reaction score
Jarryd Hayne would be wise to explore his options as a free agent.

The coaches just didn’t seem to take a liking to Hayne about midway through preseason–despite his impressive punt returning and a few nice carries–and maybe we’ll hear the reasons soon enough.

But the haphazard way this all was handled, the huge hype, the jersey sales before he even made the team, the chatter, the attention this got in Australia… why would Baalke and Tomsula go through all this just to cut Hayne NOW, seven games into the season and precisely when they might really be able to see what he can do?

I have no idea. I say this a lot about the 49ers these days: I just have no idea what they’re doing.

We’ll see what Gaskins, Bush and Mike Davis can give them tomorrow in St. Louis.
[urltargetblank]http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2015/10/31/49ers-thoughts-if-jed-york-wont-talk-hes-basically-affirming-the-kaepernick-rumors-and-my-thought-on-jarryd-haynes-release/#more-29476[/urltargetblank]

Marvin49

Reaction score
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN · 52s53 seconds ago
Jarryd Hayne was not claimed by any of the other 31 NFL teams. That clears his way to rejoin the #49ers — returning to 53-man or P-squad.

With all of their losses at the position (Bush possible torn ACL, Mike Davis fractured Hand), I have a feeling he'll go on active roster. They are looking at Ben Tate today as well. They need to restock their supply of RBs to get hit 5 yard in the backfield.

Jville

Reaction score
49ers sign running back Shaun Draughn, per agent >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/11/2/9661114/49ers-sign-shaun-draughn-per-agent[/urltargetblank]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/661323150165061632[/tweet]

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JarrydHayne/status/661351895382908928[/tweet]

With everything that has happened in the last 24 hours, it would seem that auditions for the 2016 season have begun. And, growing cap room has also begun.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Thank God plebzone kept all the stupid Australian fan boys.