Would it have been better.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Getting the rookies and others playoff experience in a hostile environment on the road is VALUABLE.

Getting embarrassed like this is MOTIVATING.

Now way I want them to lose and not make the playoffs.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I like the playoff hope. Anything could happen.

Sucks so bad that Geno got stripped.

I want to see that 3 point game at that point so bad.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The Lions would have won this one. The 49ers would lose to a team with a strong quick passing game and good pass rush.

It would have been a better game, but then if the Lions had beaten us when they played us - it wouldn't have come down to that.
Still it would have been better for the NFL if we had never made the playoffs and the Lions went instead.
For this game, but I think the NFL would rather the 49ers advance and I think the Lions would have knocked them out.

Would it have been better for us? Probably. Harder to fire Hurtt as DC when he got us to the playoffs. (regardless of how you feel he contributed or didn't)
Rookies got playoff experience but getting boat raced doesn't teach you much and frankly, Pete doesn't learn. So it probably doesn't matter.

It was funny seeing people pick the Seahawks as a dark horse. All of us Seahawk fans knew that overcoming our DC would be near impossible. But even more impossible will be firing him after he 'helped' us get to the playoffs.

Last edited:

morgulon1

Reaction score
To lose and not make the playoffs then to get embarrassed like this? We would have had a much better pick. And the only thing we learned is how bad this team really is.
I've thought about it both ways. What say you? They made the playoffs when no one was expecting it. I said I wish they hadn't made it because losing to SF sucks. Being bitchstomped by SF is a whole different level. It's been the other way for awhile.

A bunch of guys got a lot of experience and I like Geno Smith , and some of the other
Guys like DK Metcalf played like DKmuthafuginMetcalf. Seattle will be better soon.

strohmin

Reaction score
No because I am hoping this ass whooping will light a fire under the defense but if they start out sucking next year then Pete needs to be fired.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
The Lions would have won this one. The 49ers would lose to a team with a strong quick passing game and good pass rush.

It would have been a better game, but then if the Lions had beaten us when they played us - it wouldn't have come down to that.
Still it would have been better for the NFL if we had never made the playoffs and the Lions went instead.
For this game, but I think the NFL would rather the 49ers advance and I think the Lions would have knocked them out.

Would it have been better for us? Probably. Harder to fire Hurtt as DC when he got us to the playoffs. (regardless of how you feel he contributed or didn't)
Rookies got playoff experience but getting boat raced doesn't teach you much and frankly, Pete doesn't learn. So it probably doesn't matter.

It was funny seeing people pick the Seahawks as a dark horse. All of us Seahawk fans knew that overcoming our DC would be near impossible. But even more impossible will be firing him after he 'helped' us get to the playoffs.
How blind does someone have to be to think Hurtt helped in any way other than to lose? What would they be looking at other than actual stats and game film to conclude that he did anything positive?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Only in hindsight. You always gotta shoot for the playoffs. I couldn't imagine watching a year where I root for a draft pick instead of a championship.

Latest posts