Worst draft pickr of all time?

godawg

Reaction score
Aaron Curry pick should have been Michael Crabtree. We didn't even need a linebacker.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
SeatownJay":w66xy70v said:
Most of you are probably too young to remember him, but it's Andre Hines without doubt.

Hines was a 2nd rounder so not so bad. Curry was a disaster.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1idpn21r said:
Dan McGwire gets my vote because Chuck Knox wanted to draft Brett Favre and was overruled by ownership (Ken Behring IIRC) in favor of McGwire.
Honorable mention to Aaron Curry.

This is only category where honorable mention and Aaron Curry will be mentioned in the same sentence.

baumer64

Reaction score
Boz was actually very good. Just that injuries cut his career. Yes he got run over by Bo on that one play and that's all anyone remembers. He played solid for the short time he did play.
Dan McGuier is by far the worst 1st rounder ever for us. That was Ken Behring trying to be like Al Davis or Jimmy Johnson. He has to be the worst owner ever!
Curry would have to be a close 2nd worst draft pick.

Leee-roy

Reaction score
"The Boz" was a fake all the way. The only reason he was so good in college, was steroids. Little tiny hands and feet and lots of muscles and speed.
It's the same if you pull 500HP out of a small engine, goes like hell for a while, then blows up.
In the words of John Candy, " he blowed up REAL good"

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Mirer did the most damage. We pissed away three seasons over him before finally getting the idiot Bears to take him off our hands for a first rounder.

kearly

Reaction score
What sinceday1 said.

I want to pick Curry, not just because he was every bit as overhyped as Bosworth and was actually a bigger disaster than Bosworth was, but because unlike Bosworth, some of us actually saw it coming with Curry which made it all the more infuriating.

But objectively speaking, it has to be McGwire. He was so bad that he only had 37 total pass attempts in his first two seasons with Seattle, during a time when Seattle literally had the very worst passing offense in NFL history. Even behind some of the very worst quarterbacks to ever play the game, he couldn't earn a starting job.

He only broke 100 attempts once, in 1994, and his career passer rating was in the mid 50s. For comparison, Mark Sanchez's career passer rating is 71. Tim Tebow's, 75.

chris98251

Reaction score
Andre Hines for sure, mostly because he never even made it past or to training camp, could not complete one circumference of the track and stopped to rest. Knox cut him. Never contributed to any team in the league.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawkman80":z69ckyta said:
Okay this thread is going to go against the current trend. I want to hear other people's opinion on this. Ahem.....

Who was the worst draft pick signed by this team in its entire history?

My choice would be Brian Bozworth. The guy was all about himself, and what's worse (for him) is that he got schooled by Bo on national TV. I also seem to recall someone sending in a comment to one of the local newspapers, but I cannot recall if it was The Times or The P-I. It was in reference to Bozworth saying that he was having, and I quote, "a zero amount of fun in Seattle." The person sending the comment suggested that he spend some of his time with kids in the hospital or something.

So who is your choice?

Boz was actually pretty good. He played through so much pain in his shoulders that he could barely lift his arms, and he played well. As for Boz having "zero fun in Seattle", not many players were having fun in Seattle. They weren't winning and the owner was doing everything he could to lose so he could move the team to Los Angeles.

If you're looking for the worst draft pick ever, you have PLENTY of others that were far worse. McGuire or Aaron Curry were MUCH worse picks. Both offered next to nothing and were higher draft picks.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
At least the Boz was entertaining.

Aarron Curry... I questioned his IQ. Waste of pick and waste of talent.

Meat

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1g8zorru said:
Dan McGwire gets my vote because Chuck Knox wanted to draft Brett Favre and was overruled by ownership (Ken Behring IIRC) in favor of McGwire.
Honorable mention to Aaron Curry.
Jackpot! Good on you. :th2thumbs:

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
A second-rounder like Palepoi could just never possibly qualify. We've had a number of worthless second-rounders but it's a lot more unforgivable in the first round.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Hawkman80":2t6gmhoi said:
My choice would be Brian Bozworth. The guy was all about himself, and what's worse (for him) is that he got schooled by Bo on national TV. I also seem to recall someone sending in a comment to one of the local newspapers, but I cannot recall if it was The Times or The P-I. It was in reference to Bozworth saying that he was having, and I quote, "a zero amount of fun in Seattle." The person sending the comment suggested that he spend some of his time with kids in the hospital or something.

So who is your choice?

Ugh, I just hate it when someone says he got schooled by Bo, or run over by Bo. It's simply not true. I know it's become a sports legend at this point, but it just isn't a big a deal as people have blown it up over the years. I'm sure in another 20 years, it will be Bo almost killed Boz on that play, broke his face mask and everything. :roll:

Watch the play again, they made connect at an angle, Bo pushed his way into the endzone as Boz wasn't able to halt his momentum and keep the play going horizontal to the end zone. They fell into the endzone and Bo actually hit the turf first.

Bo was at his prime, he was a phenom, no one was stopping him at that point, he was Adrian Peterson x10. Even Ray Lewis in his prime isnt making that stop.

At least when Boz was playing, he showed flashes of being great, he showed the talent he had, just glimpses here and there. There was a reason he was hyped up and every team in the NFL wanted him.

Now my vote, Dan McGwire

A 1st round QB who only starts 5 games in his career? 50.0% 745 yards 2 TD's 6 INT's

Wow

razor150

Reaction score
rideaducati":2v7ic35z said:
Hawkman80":2v7ic35z said:
Okay this thread is going to go against the current trend. I want to hear other people's opinion on this. Ahem.....

Who was the worst draft pick signed by this team in its entire history?

So who is your choice?

Boz was actually pretty good. He played through so much pain in his shoulders that he could barely lift his arms, and he played well. As for Boz having "zero fun in Seattle", not many players were having fun in Seattle. They weren't winning and the owner was doing everything he could to lose so he could move the team to Los Angeles.

If you're looking for the worst draft pick ever, you have PLENTY of others that were far worse. McGuire or Aaron Curry were MUCH worse picks. Both offered next to nothing and were higher draft picks.

Exactly, Boz was actually pretty good. The only reason he even makes the list for worst draft busts of all time is due to the hype he generated for himself. Curry was a disaster from the get go.

I just don't understand how unforgiving Seahawks fans are of Bosworth, he played for the same organization that ended Kenny Easley's career as well. I blame the team not the players for their short careers. Although Bosworth probably would have never had a long career due to his size and steroid use, but that is still on the organization. He career still could have been longer then it was if they hadn't been playing him when he couldn't even lift his arms.

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
godawg":3r39znry said:
Aaron Curry pick should have been Michael Crabtree. We didn't even need a linebacker.

THIS

All off season long, it was "The Seahawks need a WR, will it be Crabtree or Maclin???"

Then we got Aaron Curry.

Latest posts