Witherspoon just cost us points

NJlargent

Reaction score
Although Carter may have been a better pick but our lack of pressure or run a
stopping has witherspoon having to play cb and linebacker at the same tine.
That's why Carter or any legit pass rusher was a better pick. Witherspoon would have been fine pick if our DLine wasn't a mess.

strohmin

Reaction score
That's why Carter or any legit pass rusher was a better pick. Witherspoon would have been fine pick if our DLine wasn't a mess.
I dont disagree but to say witherspoon is a complete bust when hes playing in a horrible scheme is unfair. Whats to say that Jalen Carter wouldnt look lile a bust in our scheme. They might have him play in coverage just because pete likes to be different at the cost of winning.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I dont disagree but to say witherspoon is a complete bust when hes playing in a horrible scheme is unfair. Whats to say that Jalen Carter wouldnt look lile a bust in our scheme. They might have him play in coverage just because pete likes to be different at the cost of winning.
I am not saying Spoon is a bust. I think he's gonna be good actually, but not sherm. I also think Carter would get doubled and will be much better in Philly. My limited point was spoon was a bad pick because our need was pass rush.

strohmin

Reaction score
I am not saying Spoon is a bust. I think he's gonna be good actually, but not sherm. I also think Carter would get doubled and will be much better in Philly. My limited point was spoon was a bad pick because our need was pass rush.
Yeah we need a pass rush bad but my feeling is our coaching staff doesnt know how to put pass rushers in a position to succeed. We really need a coaching staff change thats willing to compete in the modern nfl era.

calinator

Reaction score
DB's even the elitest can only cover for so long. Pete has this obsession with DB's since the LOB but they struck gold with Bennett and Avril atleast being pretty good. I like how Witherspoon has been today and that touchdown is just hard, one hiccup and bite on that flea flicker I can't hate him for. D-line is so much more important than defensive backs and I woulda taken Carter. Look at San Fran, that defensive front makes their db's job so easy. I'd much rather have average DB's and an elite front. An elite secondary is absolutely useless without an atleast above average d-line and ours is pretty bad. Thank goodness for Wagner and Brooks helping with the run D.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Yeah we need a pass rush bad but my feeling is our coaching staff doesnt know how to put pass rushers in a position to succeed. We really need a coaching staff change thats willing to compete in the modern nfl era.
I don't disagree at all. But I don't see coaching changes any time soon and our pass rush needs something, I just don't know what

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Witherspoon is showing his lack of practice. He's getting schooled.
Spoon will be fine.

It’s Bryant who I worry about. I don’t remember him ever making a plan. He reminds me of Simon. Always a day late and dollar short. Coverage skills suck and he doesn’t get his head turned to play the ball. He’ll make tackles after his man gets the first down.

Latest posts