Will the Falcons cakewalk into the 2nd seed?

LolaRox

Reaction score
Didn't the Panthers beat the Cardinals (who had a winning record) in the playoffs in January and then play the Seahawks the following week who also had a winning record?

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
LolaRox":11yf9x9f said:
Didn't the Panthers beat the Cardinals (who had a winning record) in the playoffs in January and then play the Seahawks the following week who also had a winning record?

Regular season. When people talk about schedules it's normally about Regular season. They also lost to the Seahawks.

The Cardinals team you played was also using a 4th String QB, and a 4th String RB. Had 32 million on IR. We were getting a whopping 13 PPG behind Lindley. I don't think that really says a lot.

I will absolutely be a believer if you guys beat the Packers, at home. Not picking on you either, I say the same things about Seattle and AZ this year. Neither has proven anything yet this season.

RedAlice

Reaction score
ringless":hlpmfoq7 said:
LolaRox":hlpmfoq7 said:
Have the Cardinals or the Packers beaten teams with a winning record this season?

No but there is a team in this division who has! The 49ers are the only team in the division to beat a team with a winning record.

There is a huge difference. The Packers are a proven commodity.
They also have Aaron Rodgers.

How are the Niners the only team in the division to beat a team with a winning record??

Were not the Cards 3-0 when the Rams beat them? And they are 6-2 now. You have some weird math.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
RedAlice":8gfq7ian said:
ringless":8gfq7ian said:
LolaRox":8gfq7ian said:
Have the Cardinals or the Packers beaten teams with a winning record this season?

No but there is a team in this division who has! The 49ers are the only team in the division to beat a team with a winning record.

How are the Niners the only team in the division to beat a team with a winning record??

Were not the Cards 3-0 when the Rams beat them? And they are 6-2 now. You have some weird math.

You are correct lol. I am so use to losing I just assumed we had a losing record

RedAlice

Reaction score
ringless":3oxinolt said:
RedAlice":3oxinolt said:
ringless":3oxinolt said:
LolaRox":3oxinolt said:

You are correct lol. I am so use to losing I just assumed we had a losing record

Ha - that's actually funny and a perfectly fine reason to forget. :D

LolaRox

Reaction score
ringless":1m47nvxd said:
LolaRox":1m47nvxd said:

Regular season. When people talk about schedules it's normally about Regular season. They also lost to the Seahawks.

The Cardinals team you played was also using a 4th String QB, and a 4th String RB. Had 32 million on IR. We were getting a whopping 13 PPG behind Lindley. I don't think that really says a lot.

I will absolutely be a believer if you guys beat the Packers, at home. Not picking on you either, I say the same things about Seattle and AZ this year. Neither has proven anything yet this season.

I'm not upset and I'm not a Panthers' fan. It also doesn't matter to me that you don't believe in the Panthers. I asked those simple questions to get better clarification on your statements, because without qualifications they aren't true.

At this point I think the NFC is wide open and there are a number of teams that have a shot of making to SB.

ctrcat

Reaction score
ringless":6elef7q2 said:
ctrcat":6elef7q2 said:

I know you wont like it. And it makes me a little bit of a hypocrite. But I just don't believe in them yet. Carolina is yet to beat a team with a winning record.

You guys get the Packers at home in two weeks. ( Who might not be undefeated) Beat them and I'll be a believer.

The last time the Panthers PLAYED (not beat) a team with a winning record was November 10th last year. Which means the Panther after this weeks game will have gone over a year without even playing a team with a winning record.

That's pretty lucky if you ask me.

The last time Carolina BEAT a team with a winning record? September 14th, 2014

At the same time, that's still incredibly difficult to do. I will say I think you are certainly a top team. Just not a contender.

No worries mate, this forum had a 4 win preseason Panther prediction among others so this is the last place validity would be expected or given freely. In this case just bumping the Falcons cakewalk to 2 seed thread. They may not even win a division game.

It may not mean anything, preseason yadda yadda, and both teams were without key parts, but the Panthers were a better football team than the Patriots in the 3rd, dress rehearsal, preseason game. If Philly Brown didn't have multiple drops the Panthers starters were two touchdowns better in a little over a half of football. Think it meant nothing to the Pats? They wanted "revenge" in the 3rd preseason game in 2014 after the MNF loss in 2013 and this year lost James Develin for the season by foolishly playing him, Blount, Garoppolo, and the rest of their 2's the entire game to barely get the win over the Panthers 3's in the "meaningless" game.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
ctrcat":2lwmxda2 said:
ringless":2lwmxda2 said:
ctrcat":2lwmxda2 said:

I know you wont like it. And it makes me a little bit of a hypocrite. But I just don't believe in them yet. Carolina is yet to beat a team with a winning record.

You guys get the Packers at home in two weeks. ( Who might not be undefeated) Beat them and I'll be a believer.

The last time the Panthers PLAYED (not beat) a team with a winning record was November 10th last year. Which means the Panther after this weeks game will have gone over a year without even playing a team with a winning record.

That's pretty lucky if you ask me.

The last time Carolina BEAT a team with a winning record? September 14th, 2014

At the same time, that's still incredibly difficult to do. I will say I think you are certainly a top team. Just not a contender.

No worries mate, this forum had a 4 win preseason Panther prediction among others so this is the last place validity would be expected or given freely. In this case just bumping the Falcons cakewalk to 2 seed thread. They may not even win a division game.

It may not mean anything, preseason yadda yadda, and both teams were without key parts, but the Panthers were a better football team than the Patriots in the 3rd, dress rehearsal, preseason game. If Philly Brown didn't have multiple drops the Panthers starters were two touchdowns better in a little over a half of football. Think it meant nothing to the Pats? They wanted "revenge" in the 3rd preseason game in 2014 after the MNF loss in 2013 and this year lost James Develin for the season by foolishly playing him, Blount, Garrapolo, and the rest of their 2's the entire game to barely get the win over the Panthers 3's in the "meaningless" game.

Yea I don't think that means anything. Coaches want to accomplish different things in preseason...that's why it's meaningless.

The Panthers are interesting...I still couldn't see them beating the Cardinals, but with Green Bay's struggles last night, I will be picking Carolina to win that one.

I just don't think the Panthers have looked that good....and eventually that catches up to teams. They'll certainly be in the playoffs, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lose badly to the Colts tonight.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
ringless":1b7646b3 said:
REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Saints (1-4), at Titans (1-3), vs. Buccaneers (2-3), at 49ers (1-3), vs. Colts (3-2), vs. Vikings (2-2), at Buccaneers (2-3), at Panthers (4-0), at Jaguars (1-4), vs. Panthers (4-0), vs. Saints (1-4)

The only good team in the mix isn't even that good. Carolina!

GB and Atlanta seem to have the clear paths right now. I would have to think Seattle being 4 games back of GB right now (Tie breaker) that the #1 seed is just flat out out of the picture.

Getting the 2 seed from Atlanta is very unlikely as well
Yep, it's pretty clear the Hawks ain't gettin no first-round bye this year. GO HAWKS!