Will The 2023 Seattle XFL Team still be the Dragons?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's reported that the XFL is set to return in 2023 with 10 host cities with Seattle being one of them, but no word yet if it will still be the Dragons or a new brand. For shiz and giggles if you were in control of the team's new name what would it be?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They’d be smart to stick with the dragons. Cool logo, and cool colors, outside of the white helmets.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree. Dug the logo and colors (especially that they didn't go predictably PNW colors) and besides, there is plenty of merch already out there.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I agree. Dug the logo and colors (especially that they didn't go predictably PNW colors) and besides, there is plenty of merch already out there.
I always thought they were trying to ride the Sonics mid-late 90s nostalgia with the logo design and colors

Seattle sonics 1996 2001 1659477830536

schkoot

Reaction score
They should be the Seadragons. Everything else should remain the same.

Ruminator

Reaction score
The Texas teams always had the best unis in XFL. Seattle? C'mon now, let's leave the color scheme and logo design to the professionals, not grade schoolers. Old logo was OK, new one looks like something you might find crawling in an infested ear of corn. But in the home unis, the dark green and dark blue together do not work!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Good lord why the hell did they change their logo to something vastly inferior from the original? And where are photos of the new uniforms?

Ruminator

Reaction score
While I was obviously talking about the new logo for the 2023 season, my comment on dark blue/dark green colors in their home unis was referring to the uniforms worn during the shortened 2020 season. Hope they're improved for 2023.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
They are actually going to be called the SEA Dragons this years, not just plain Dragons. That is because:

1) Seattle is next to the sea. So it's a reference to the ocean/marine environment. They are dragons that live in the sea.

2) SEA also doubles as a reference to Seattle, making the name Seattle Sea Dragons delightfully alliterative, not entirely unlike Seattle SEAhawks.