Why are the Hawks so good at not burning bridges?

seabowl

Reaction score
In the case of Wagner Schneider admitted they made a mistake with the way they released him. It’s called honesty something that is lost in today’s world, but goes so far in the way of trust and respect.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Dang, whoever that woman is sure has a motormouth. It's a handy skill for someone on radio, but it sure makes it awkward for a guest who might have something to say.

NoGain

Reaction score
Pete Carroll. Pretty much as simple as that. He doesn't hold grudges or burn bridges. He's always positive about people and things, and time has born out that he's not BS in this way.

Paul Allen as an owner didn't hurt us in that department either.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Said Carroll: “My response to that is a similar response that it’s always been with, with the guys that I’ve coached, that I’m always going to hang with them, I’m never going to leave ’em, and I’m going to be there at the end of all of the good stuff and all of the bad stuff. I’m going to still be there. And so that’s it, you know? I’m hanging. And it doesn’t matter who the guy is — if you look at all of the guys that have come to our program, just not going back to the college days [at USC], but just here in Seattle, regardless of what has happened, has taken place or the things that have been said and all, if you hang with them it all comes back around, and I’d like to demonstrate that faith in the relationship and the depth of what we did together, and hang through whatever the growth challenges bring to us along the way.”

LINk

KinesProf

Reaction score
The same reason they get embarrassed in the 1st round of the playoffs every year. They are too nice.

They need to be more relentless, cutthroat. In short, they need to be more like dirtbags.
That was a helluva quote from Jim Mora at that time.

I'm so glad they had the foresight to pull the plug on that guy's tenure after one season.

Rainger

Reaction score
PC hands down! Read his book!!

Go read about management philosophy below the green line.

Proper leadership is about values and the employees not about vision, mission statements or project objectives.

Top organizations are about the people not the structural management.

I am so glad Fade is not running the Seahawks!!!!!!!

uncle fester

Reaction score
Dang, whoever that woman is sure has a motormouth. It's a handy skill for someone on radio, but it sure makes it awkward for a guest who might have something to say.
100% of sports radio is people motormouthing. Which is why Brock Huard wouldn’t shut up when first doing tv color commentary - it’s how he was taught, doing radio. Also, Bump is a co-host, not a guest. It’s on him to get his points across. And dead air on radio is a cardinal sin.

Takes a while to adjust if you only listen to tv talking heads. Rich Eisen’s podcast is way more dead air than most would be allowed to get away with.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I am so glad Fade is not running the Seahawks!!!!!!!

If he were, the team holding a giant extension on a bottom-five QB would be the Seahawks, not the Broncos. The Seahawks would also be dealing with the growing pains of a new head coach (a good one like Hackett!) and GM (maybe a star like Paton!), and those guys would be struggling to put together even a league-average team around the overpriced QB. Remember when Fade told us how much better the management of the Broncos was than that of the Seahawks? When he said the Broncos were going to "have a loaded team year in and year out"? Great days. And that was just six months ago!

Last edited:

sutz

Reaction score
Well, Bump can jaw and tell some stories too. :LOL:

Like you say, it's radio. I listen to those guys often, they're pretty decent overall.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Go Hawks. And hopefully Pete stays even longer. At least we know the team won't "fade" away.

Bump and Stacy are pretty solid. Stacy can be a little annoying, but meh, it's radio.

Mase

Reaction score
-- Maybe Fade is right. I once saw Pete walk by on old woman trying to pick up her purse from the ground. Pete just helped her pick it up, it was so embarrassing. He should have stood behind her, videoed himself pretending to dry hump her and then post it on Tik Tok. We can't win another championship if we won't dry hump a Granny.

Mase