Who said this year is a team rebuild ?

xray

Reaction score
Was it Jody ? Was it JS ? Was it Macdonald ? Was it fans predicting a losing season ; and making excuses ahead of time ?
Who said what....I forget ? The team that the Hawks put on the field in Sept.. should be a finished product without flimsy excuses win or lose .

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
It's been like this since ME3 was kicked to the curb. It was probably all the people who can't, or don't want to accept the fact that Geno Smith is our franchise QB for the time being.
Unlike, the mushy, excuse ridden attitude, you sre around here sometimes. I like the prevailing attitude that MM brings; teams are not going to like playing against the Seahawks!

Last edited:

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I think they have improved in several areas, including coaching. It's not like last year's team was a total bust. Are they going to compete with the 9ers this season? Probably not. Next year? I would hope so. They were one win away from the playoffs. I think there is already more than a one-win improvement in the overall team.

CPHawk

Reaction score
We only won 9 games the last two years, and it wasn’t because our O sucked. Even though people continue to be stuck on the OL and offense. We lost lots of game when scoring what should be enough to win.

RezHawk

Reaction score
I think it is simply an assumption made by fans. Most coaching changes involve growing pains, that being said, I think we will surprise a few people this year because our roster is decent, and MM's scheme is a bit of an unknown designed to cause confusion in the opponent.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I did. Because this is still not a competitive roster. They've added some nice young pieces in the draft, sure. And hopefully they pan out.

But I'm not sure where the cockiness of this OP is coming from. They still have a combined 0 years of experience between HC/DC/OC. The roster is still average at best. This will probably be another 8-9 win season, and some fans will be satisfied with that because hovering around .500 for them is somehow successful because hey, we don't suck. But in reality, they're just going in circles and not going anywhere.

cymatica

Reaction score
I did. Because this is still not a competitive roster. They've added some nice young pieces in the draft, sure. And hopefully they pan out.

But I'm not sure where the cockiness of this OP is coming from. They still have a combined 0 years of experience between HC/DC/OC. The roster is still average at best. This will probably be another 8-9 win season, and some fans will be satisfied with that because hovering around .500 for them is somehow successful because hey, we don't suck. But in reality, they're just going in circles and not going anywhere.
McVay was a young coach with no experience and instantly turned the Rams into a contender. This team has talent and should be much improved up front. I have no doubt Macdonald will improve the defense from the flag football style we've had, the big question is Grubb and if he's just a little better than Waldron this team could be scary

Scout

Reaction score
Most people consider teams with rookie HCs as rebuilds but at the same time the Hawks have a very well stocked roster so I would consider a retooling more so or a soft rebuild. Not really a hard tear it down rebuild.
We only won 9 games the last two years, and it wasn’t because our O sucked. Even though people continue to be stuck on the OL and offense. We lost lots of game when scoring what should be enough to win.
As we have seen all you need is an average defense to be able to compete in the modern NFL. Mac I think can do that with ease and any more than that and it would take a lot of people by surprise.

sutz

Reaction score

Well, I don't share your pessim...er...realistic outlook on the team. ;)

And if they again finish 9-8, I'll judge them on more than just the record. If the defense shows marked improvement and the offense sustains what they've done over the last couple of seasons, I will take that as a sign of improvement and continue to look forward to better days.

You do you.

BlueTalon

Reaction score

... But in reality, they're just going in circles and not going anywhere.
Correction: In your prediction, they're just going in circles and not going anywhere.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
And if they again finish 9-8, I'll judge them on more than just the record. If the defense shows marked improvement and the offense sustains what they've done over the last couple of seasons, I will take that as a sign of improvement and continue to look forward to better days.
In the first two years of Pete Carroll's reign here, we went 7-9 both seasons. We made the playoffs the first season. We didn't make the playoffs the second season, but the team was significantly better that year, by virtue of a hundred point improvement in point differential. People who said the team wasn't any better because the records were the same both years just didn't look at the things that indicated improvement.

Last edited:

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
There isn't an established label for a team trying to be good and then trying to be better like there is for rebuilding teams and contending teams. We're definitely not contenders so I guess some people tried to slap on the only label that was left.

BASF

Reaction score
Our roster was "average" because our coaching was subpar. With better coaching our roster will be able to exceed expectations. It is very easy to simply expect less to make yourself feel better when the team does not play well.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't agree. There were 6 games in which the Seahawks scored 16 points or less. They lost all of those games. The defense was terrible but the offense wasn't very good either.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think we probably win 8-10 games again but we see some stuff that we should be excited about moving forward. I expect the defense to be much better and hopefully Grubb can have the offense being a little more consistent.

WarHawks

Reaction score
We may make the playoffs or not, and if we do, it's hard to imagine going far with Geno or Howell as qb. I see endless middle of the road purgatory and mid to late 1st round picks in the future unless they get a top 5 qb, by any means necessary. That said, if our D can hold on to a lead, and/or if Howell can learn to throw the ball away and drop his int's to the 10-12 range, we could be surprised. Not very likely, probably 5-20% chance, but with the new coaching staff, theoretically possible. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
I agree with the OP. This roster is loaded at the skill positions. We had questions at DL, OL, and LB which were largely answered in FA with a couple starter candidates and a bunch of young depth added in the draft.

The only remaining question I have going into training camp is if one of these rookies are going to be able to beat out Bradford for the RG spot.

I didn't think Murphy would make it to us, and I was worried that we lacked depth and maybe people were going to have to play out of position on the DL, but he solved all of that.

I think this season will be marked with inconsistency due to the new coaching staffs and systems, but we should be scary again in 2025.

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
We may make the playoffs or not, and if we do, it's hard to imagine going far with Geno or Howell as qb. I see endless middle of the road purgatory and mid to late 1st round picks in the future unless they get a top 5 qb, by any means necessary. That said, if our D can hold on to a lead, and/or if Howell can learn to throw the ball away and drop his int's to the 10-12 range, we could be surprised. Not very likely, probably 5-20% chance, but with the new coaching staff, theoretically possible. Fingers crossed.
Who are the top 5 QB’s. Just curious

mikeak

Reaction score
Let's look at facts

New coaches came in to a team that had:

Traded away their second round pick
Been horrible on D
Not great on O
Is 27th on cap space for 2024
Is 26th on cap space for 2025
Is 14th on cap space for 2026

Has no cap available despite not having a superstar QB

So has to rebuild the defense, improve the offense without spending significant money to do so

You can call it excuses or whatever you want, but PC left the organization having borrowed from the future to produce several mediocre season.

I am looking for improvement this year and if you call reality excuses then that is on you