What prevents us from winning Superbowl this year?

kobebryant

Reaction score
Popeyejones":11f0192i said:
kobebryant":11f0192i said:
I don't believe anyone is saying that injuries were a major factor last season...

Was responding to the post directly above mine. Should have quoted it. Now fixed. :th2thumbs:

Yep, there's injuries. And then there's INJURIES, the kind that pretty much dictate the season and become valid explanations for what happened to the season, like with Romo. The first type is something that all 32 teams deal with.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kobebryant":35uc2yvj said:
Popeyejones":35uc2yvj said:
kobebryant":35uc2yvj said:
I don't believe anyone is saying that injuries were a major factor last season...

Was responding to the post directly above mine. Should have quoted it. Now fixed. :th2thumbs:

Yep, there's injuries. And then there's INJURIES, the kind that pretty much dictate the season and become valid explanations for what happened to the season, like with Romo. The first type is something that all 32 teams deal with.

The Broncos just won the SB with their starting QB out half the year, and he stunk. So out of all the excuses as to why we didn't win last year, injuries have to be like #15.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3mntqfvv said:
kobebryant":3mntqfvv said:
Popeyejones":3mntqfvv said:
kobebryant":3mntqfvv said:

The Broncos just won the SB with their starting QB out half the year, and he stunk. So out of all the excuses as to why we didn't win last year, injuries have to be like #15.

good point and broncos definitely won in spite of their offense last season.

i just want to see our defense get its swagger back, you know... like it had in 2012 and 2013. maybe adding clem and #39 back to the team will help. they could light a fire under some of the young guys

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1ok3vnhz said:
Well one thing that prevents us from winning the Superbowl this year, is the fact that none of us actually play for the Seahawks or any NFL team for that matter. :mrgreen:
That's just plain silly. :p ....The truth is, NOBODY is playing in ANY Super Bowl THIS Year....Gotta wait until 2017 :16:

Tical21

Reaction score
Too many years of awful drafts. We haven't been able to find any of: X-receiver, TE, DT, OLB, T, G, C or CB, in the last 3-4 drafts. Sooner or later you can't mask all the holes poor drafting creates.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2m95mbcg said:
Overseasfan":2m95mbcg said:
Last year nearly everything was against us. Injuries to key players...

...It'll also be likely we won't have as many key injuries as last year was a bit of an outlier....

The Seahawks were just a hair below average for starters' games lost to injury last year.

Capture0

Their core guys didn't really miss any meaningful time. I guess you could argue that Lynch was injured, but he's not on the team at all this year, so it's like that's a gain when thinking about this season.

As a team we're at an average, but when you lose your leading receiver (Graham) and rusher (Rawls) near the end of the season, I'd say that was pretty meaningful. We also badly missed Kam Chancellor and Jeremy Lane at the start of the season. They're all core guys.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Tical21":15z15dml said:
Too many years of awful drafts. We haven't been able to find any of: X-receiver, TE, DT, OLB, T, G, C or CB, in the last 3-4 drafts. Sooner or later you can't mask all the holes poor drafting creates.

They hit big some years and whiff in a couple others, it sort of fits their aggressive approach and is bound to happen. Last year I think they absolutely crushed it and maybe this year they do the same. I'll take this approach over a Ruskell draft any day. Lockett, Clark, Rawls will be core players going forward. Give me 2 core guys this year and I'm happy.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Hunger, drive, etc.

Just kidding, it's the offensive line and probably generating defensive pressure.

Guarantee, if we don't improve the pass rushing, we won't make it far against good offensive lines come playoff time.

Latest posts