What is this team's ceiling for 2022?

Ozzy

Reaction score
The roster is better this year but I still think underestimate how much an elite QB helps. If the rookie tackles struggle and Lock and Geno are what they are then I’d take the under on 7 wins

Chawker

Reaction score
What is this team's ceiling for 2022 ?

With the loss of a all pro QB and a all pro MLBer you'd think that our ceiling would be quit low,maybe 6 or 8 wins. 2022 could be a addition bye subtraction, it will have a better balance of power. We'll see a better OL and a better run game (as the year progresses) along with a better speed on defense, we'll be ranked high on our pass defense by years end.

I believe our ceiling is at 10 games.

Cheers

Stud

Reaction score
The ceiling? I believe 17 wins is the ceiling, right?

But in all seriousness: I legitimately think this team is overall better coming into next year than the team we had last year and we WON 7 games last year. So it's weird to say our ceiling is less than 7 wins if we are a better team.

Now, obviously, we don't play the same teams but I think that's less important than this - what are the Seahawks going to be doing? How much of this season is going to be experimental? How much of this is about building a team than winning games? I know what Pete Carroll says but we won't know for sure until we get a few games into the season.

I do think, however, that the focus on the QB situation is overblown. I understand why people do it, but the biggest thing to hurt our team last year was the problems on third down and time of possession. Both of those issues came from the QB and unlike in previous years, there was no magic to overcome the lack of rhythm.

I'm not saying we are 'better' at the QB spot now because obviously we aren't. But our QB situation was BAD last year and we still won 7 games, for whatever reason you want to assign it (discontent, injury, whatever). So why do some think all of a sudden the bottom is going to fall out?

uhm, Seattle was 1-3 without Wilson last year. Wilson was 6-7. Wilson is gone. You're going to miss his 4th quarter magic, I guarantee you.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I believe this could be a 7-8 win team. Floor is 5.

I think we’re largely the same team as last year with a better defense. Still some bad qb play again. but with probably a good run game and better defense.

BASF

Reaction score
uhm, Seattle was 1-3 without Wilson last year. Wilson was 6-7. Wilson is gone. You're going to miss his 4th quarter magic, I guarantee you.
Wilson has had one fourth quarter magic against winning teams since the league figured out the "Let Russ Cook" bs. His "fourth quarter comeback" last season against a floundering Cardinals team saw him throw for eleven yards on three posessions in the fourth quarter. Yep, absolute magic.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
How does Wilson play most of the game against the Rams, lead the team to less points than his replacement, and yet, somehow, the loss gets put in Geno's column in your estimation?

It's almost like you are bending the stats to support your agenda rather than making an honest point.

If we really want to do this experiment honestly, Geno was 1-2 as a starter, where he wasn't trying to pull the team out of a Russell Wilson dug hole. Expanded to a full year, that's an expected record of 6-11 next year. Meanwhile, Russ's 6-8 expanded to a whole season is--hold onto your hat--7-10.

That's not a whole lot of 4th quarter magic...

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
This was a prescient call to make all the way back in July.

It went against the know-it-all grain of many loud/frequent posters in this place telling people they would be disappointed if they expected more than 5-6 wins.

Well done, doc; well done.