What is this team's ceiling for 2022?

W

Welshers

Looks like our QB room is what it is. Missing out on Baker will come back to haunt this team bad. Oh well. What do you guys think our ceiling here is? I think the absolute best we could ever imagine for this team is a WC berth. I'll give them 5% at making the wild card. Otherwise 7-10 is around what I think this team is capable of achieving. The funny thing is at 7-10 you might as well just go 3-14 and take the better pick. What do you guys think?

Own The West

Reaction score

WarHawks

Reaction score
If neither Lock nor Geno are our long term qbotf, then every win after 3-4 wins just hurts our draft position next year. That's just the simple reality of it, as odious as it sounds.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

If neither Lock nor Geno are our long term qbotf, then every win after 3-4 wins just hurts our draft position next year. That's just the simple reality of it, as odious as it sounds.
This is what I was thinking

Rat

Reaction score
The running game has the potential to be excellent, we have two tremendous targets in the passing game, and added Fant, plus Eskridge is going into season 2, the OL should be better, the defense is at least middle of the road, although the CB position worries me, Dickson is a weapon, hopefully Myers looks more like 2020 than 2021...

That's all good stuff, so if Lock is better than expected, the ceiling could be as high as 10-11 wins IMO. That's assuming we have good luck healthwise. My guess is that it'll end up being around 6 or 7 though.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm pretty stoked about the running game as well. Offensively they have a ton of talent. Under center, not so much. Hope to be very wrong.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'm just going to enjoy the journey this year. Having unrealistic expectations for this team's record will just lead to being disappointing. I'll be focused on watching for small signs of improvement from game to game. We have a LOT of young talent and will have more after next year's draft.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'll be keeping a blind eye to our record.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Some of the predictions are on here are a bit ridiculous to me. PC/JS have never won less than 7 games in a season since being Seattle. I firmly beleive the team is better than last years team. But you might counter and say but the QB. ok, but The QB's last year were pretty inconsistent at best and bad at worst. We were a horrible 3rd down team last year even with RW before the injury Seattle was mediocre. I think that trend will improve- It must.. The defense will be better with the added depth and more aggressive scheme. I think 7 is the Floor of this team with 9-10 wins being the ceiling. 10 wins being less glamorous now that there are 17 games.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Ceiling is 6 wins. This is not that good of a team, and those of you saying that it is are in for major disappointment this season.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Anyone rooting for failure is being a complete candy-ass who wants permanent losing. That's just how it works. Tanking rarely works, and almost invariably ruins any sense of roster harmony and franchise prestige that was once held.

It debases the integrity and repute of the entire organization, and the blowback comes from everywhere. Coaches don't want to coach. Players don't want to re-sign. Free agents refuse to come.

Now, with that out of the way - I think their ceiling as things stand is 8 to 9 wins. Their floor is probably about 5-12. Record will be largely dependent on the defense and running game. We have seen before that hungry teams with big roster holes can pull off some improbable success, and that's going to be more important in the long run than a few draft spots. Successful organizations strive for... ya know, success. They then build upon their previous success. If you're going backwards, you cannot be going forward.

This is not Madden. This is not a spreadsheet. These are real human beings with finite careers, and they will not put up with wasting their careers on deliberate losses just so the front office can pick 6 spots earlier.

toffee

Reaction score
I have a different take, our roster is very young at all key positions. Our record this year depends on coaching, especially at coordinators and position level.

I quite unsure about Waldron.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom- I wouldn't call it rooting for failure. I'm just going off what we have, which isn't much without Wilson.

Folks just need to lower their expectations. Expect disappointment, and you want be disappointed.

rcaido

Reaction score
The floor is 2-15 and the ceiling is 6-11. If im a betting man the record will be 4-13. Which gives us a top 5 pick. Which isn't very good because the crappy teams will be all going for QB in the draft except for the Jaguars/Jets.

Houston, Atlanta, Detroit (Jets/Jags have a QB already but would probably trade down for picks)

Houston & Atlanta will probably battle out as the crappiest team in the league. Falcons game is probably the second most important game besides the Donkeys this season.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Maelstrom- I wouldn't call it rooting for failure. I'm just going off what we have, which isn't much without Wilson.

Folks just need to lower their expectations. Expect disappointment, and you want be disappointed.
I'm not talking so much about honest predictions so much as I am those actively rooting to tank for draft position

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Houston, Atlanta, Detroit (Jets/Jags have a QB already but would probably trade down for picks)

Even then you get teams like the 2021 Niners who trade away all their picks to jump up to grab a QB.

So yeah, the Hawks exceeding expectations and winning 7-8 games is actually a bad thing if they're plan is to grab their next franchise QB in next year's draft.

Do I think Pete's thinking that? No, he's the eternal delusional optimist who thinks he can make the playoffs with Geno F'ing Smith. Who other then beating one of the worst Jags team in modern history, didn't show even one ounce of what it takes for us to be as optimistic as Pete is about him.

Hell, at this point I'd rather just throw Lock in there in game 1 and see what he has so we know if he's even worth keeping beyond this year.

Rainger

Reaction score
Looks like our QB room is what it is. Missing out on Baker will come back to haunt this team bad. Oh well. What do you guys think our ceiling here is? I think the absolute best we could ever imagine for this team is a WC berth. I'll give them 5% at making the wild card. Otherwise 7-10 is around what I think this team is capable of achieving. The funny thing is at 7-10 you might as well just go 3-14 and take the better pick. What do you guys think?
I have posted it many times. The Hawks will win 8 or 9 games. Book it!