WFT @ Eagles

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1uxk7e4d said:
I already told you.. I wouldn't care..

Game was meaningless.. if anything would've wondered why 9ers backups are better.

What if Wilson goes down on a meaningless play in a meaningless game, a question you failed to answer in regards to Adams.

Why did you make so many excuses for the 9ers only for them to play good football,and then just assume the Hawks backups couldn't?

Pick a narrative.. youre just moving the goalposts.

Personally, teams can make whatever choice is best for them. Thats the power we give a multibillion dollar industry. The faux outrage about something that happens all the time in sports is just pontificating

I listed the 9ers injuries and said if they weren't all that, working with basically a JV crew, that we would be able to dispatch them by halftime and that would be that.

If we were up 20-6 at the half actually, I would have wanted more dispatching to go on because of Pete Ball, but if PC had pulled Russ, Lockett, etc. at the half when it was tied I would have questioned far more whether the Hawks were all that. And then probably gone and done laundry

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Questioned whether a playoff team was all that because they pulled starters in a meaningless part of the game?

Ok.. but who cares? "Oh no! A 9ers fan thinks poorly of the seahawks!!!"

What does "pete ball" have to do with anything? Again, you're only argument here is whether you personally find entertainment in a specific situation. And again, you contradict yourself by spending weeks in the buildup making excuses for a 9ers team which was still quite capable of playing well but don't afford the same logic to the seahawks if they pulled Russ? Whatever..

Personally.. with Adams in doubt, I'm questioning the logic of playing your starters against a shitty 9ers team not going to the playoffs

Threedee

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1edbz8xw said:
Thats all just bullshit and remarkably hypocritical of people complaining about it.

First, Hurts was barely average last night.

Second, you get to week 17, you're at the whim of the schedule. That's it. Whining about it because you were affected by another teams decision is nonsense. Sportswriters have been going on and on about how unfair having a shit team from the NFC east in the playoffs was, and now they are complaining that the Giants weren't able to back door in?

Teams like the Eagles, the Bills, the Steelers are not and should not be subject to the needs of other teams.

Notwithstanding that a lot of people hate the Washington Corruption, they still would have complained about a 6-10 NJ Giants in the playoffs. Of course, they wouldn't have been subjected to that Eagles tank job, so, there wouldn't be anything to distract them from a Giants division win.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports that “many Eagles players and coaches were shocked and outraged” by the decision to remove quarterback Jalen Hurts for Nate Sudfeld in the second half of the Week 17 game.

Per the report, two defensive players “had to be held back” from confronting coach Doug Pederson. McLane also reports that center Jason Kelce (pictured) and another offensive starter approach Pederson for an explanation as to the move.

Pederson explained after the loss that he was trying to win the game. On Monday, Pederson gave a rambling non-answer when asked again about the perception that the Eagles weren’t trying to secure a victory that would have knocked Washington out of the playoffs and would have delivered the NFC East title to the Giants.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... len-hurts/

Coach could have told his players, at least, of his intentions.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Threedee":gt7g87ch said:
Uncle Si":gt7g87ch said:
Thats all just $h!t and remarkably hypocritical of people complaining about it.

Second, you get to week 17, you're at the whim of the schedule. That's it. Whining about it because you were affected by another teams decision is nonsense. Sportswriters have been going on and on about how unfair having a $h!t team from the NFC east in the playoffs was, and now they are complaining that the Giants weren't able to back door in?

Teams like the Eagles, the Bills, the Steelers are not and should not be subject to the needs of other teams.

Notwithstanding that a lot of people hate the Washington Corruption, they still would have complained about a 6-10 NJ Giants in the playoffs. Of course, they wouldn't have been subjected to that Eagles tank job, so, there wouldn't be anything to distract them from a Giants division win.

The whole story is just nonsense. If it was the Giants involved, or didnt result in a team getting a playoff spot, no one would care.

And so I ask again, why are the Eagles responsible for the Giants?

And last, I still dont get why it's a "tank job?"

Jalen Hurts was 7 for 20 for 72 yards and an INT before being benched.

The Eagles players that needed to be "held back" (sure they did) shouldve paid more attention to what their coach was saying in the buildup to the game.

Look, did the Eagles "try" to win the game? Not really. But they had 4 wins. They hadn't really been trying to win all season. But they didn't try and lose either. They took a bad QB who was having a pretty poor game out of the game. They put in a QB they may need to have as their 2nd string next season because their current 2nd stringer is tossing a fit about being benched.

This whole story is media driven. Its more embarrassing to read the faux indignation because a 6 win Giants team couldn't back into a playoff spot they didnt deserve than the actual performance of either Eagles QB

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3v40qa9d said:
Threedee":3v40qa9d said:
Uncle Si":3v40qa9d said:

Second, you get to week 17, you're at the whim of the schedule. That's it. Whining about it because you were affected by another teams decision is nonsense. Sportswriters have been going on and on about how unfair having a $h!t team from the NFC east in the playoffs was, and now they are complaining that the Giants weren't able to back door in?

The whole story is just nonsense. If it was the Giants involved, or didnt result in a team getting a playoff spot, no one would care.

The Eagles players that needed to be "held back" (sure they did) shouldve paid more attention to what their coach was saying in the buildup to the game.

Look, did the Eagles "try" to win the game? Not really. But they had 4 wins. They hadn't really been trying to win all season. But they didn't try and lose either. They took a bad QB who was having a pretty poor game out of the game. They put in a QB they may need to have as their 2nd string next season because their current 2nd stringer is tossing a fit about being benched.

This whole story is media driven. Its more embarrassing to read the faux indignation because a 6 win Giants team couldn't back into a playoff spot they didnt deserve than the actual performance of either Eagles QB

It's about the integrity of the game, not much different then a Ref making calls to slant a teams chances.In this case to jump up in the draft, but also what about the incentives for the players in their contracts etc.

If the NFL goes with this then there should be no PED suspensions either.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":2t78ut8q said:
Uncle Si":2t78ut8q said:
Threedee":2t78ut8q said:
Uncle Si":2t78ut8q said:

It's about the integrity of the game, not much different then a Ref making calls to slant a teams chances.In this case to jump up in the draft, but also what about the incentives for the players in their contracts etc.

The integrity of the game? The Eagles gave it their all until the last what, 2 drives? They then replaced a QB who was 7 for 20 for 72 yards and an INT with a different QB. Several teams used their backups on the same day.

No, this is not about the integrity of the game. Teams do this stuff, in every sport, every year. This is only an issue because it impacted another team. But again, the Eagles are not responsible for the Giants. This whole situation just highlights the hypocrisy of NFL media. I heard Sal Paolantanio ( a lifelong Giants fan) say yesterday the NFL should investigate the Eagles. Why? And to what end?

If the NFL wants to go to a lottery system, so be it. I dont mind. But where does that stop? Pick 10? 11? Do we really think the 6th pick is THAT much better than the 9th? Worthy of the subterfuge and conspiracy some of the media are trying to present here? Nah, this whole thing is just sour grapes from NYers.

The PED suspensions is just a weird comparison. Literally makes no sense.

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2c2z0eu1 said:
chris98251":2c2z0eu1 said:
Uncle Si":2c2z0eu1 said:
Threedee":2c2z0eu1 said:

The integrity of the game? The Eagles gave it their all until the last what, 2 drives? They then replaced a QB who was 7 for 20 for 72 yards and an INT with a different QB. Several teams used their backups on the same day.

No, this is not about the integrity of the game. Teams do this stuff, in every sport, every year. This is only an issue because it impacted another team. But again, the Eagles are not responsible for the Giants. This whole situation just highlights the hypocrisy of NFL media. I heard Sal Paolantanio ( a lifelong Giants fan) say yesterday the NFL should investigate the Eagles. Why? And to what end?

If the NFL wants to go to a lottery system, so be it. I dont mind. But where does that stop? Pick 10? 11? Do we really think the 6th pick is THAT much better than the 9th? Worthy of the subterfuge and conspiracy some of the media are trying to present here? Nah, this whole thing is just sour grapes from NYers.

The PED suspensions is just a weird comparison. Literally makes no sense.

No PED's are supposedly performance enhancement drugs, doesn't that tilt the field as much as changing the personnel on the field to put in lesser players to sway the performance on the field.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
No?

First, personnel changes are not illegal. 2nd, and again I think this gets overlooked, Hurts played most the game and was mediocre. Noone seems to count all the losses the Eagles took with Hurts after they benched Wentz, either. The assumption here is backups can't get it done, yet a backup got the Bears to the playoff (both in their wins and the 9ers subs beating the cardinals).

The Eagles can do what they want. They played the game, made a sub because, for them, there was nothing at stake. The coach has to rationalize that with his returning vets, but thats his job.

The playing field was level.. the Giants didn't do enough to win the division. Thats on them.. they also blew a late lead to the Eagles earlier in the season.

I have no doubt the Eagles gave two shits about this game. But they did nothing wrong playing a backup. Certainly nothing nefarious or scandalous. Hell, the new qb came on and tried to throw. If he takes knee, then sure, that's shitty.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2w3vxf49 said:
Don't like it, Giants? Don't be f***ing 6-10. I laughed heartily at the Eagles benching Hurts.
This.

Win. More. Games.

I’d be saying that if the Hawks were in the Giants shoes.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3mbzaa7b said:
RolandDeschain":3mbzaa7b said:
Don't like it, Giants? Don't be f***ing 6-10. I laughed heartily at the Eagles benching Hurts.
This.

Win. More. Games.

I’d be saying that if the Hawks were in the Giants shoes.

Yep, +3. If you go 6-10 and are even in the conversation you are on Fantasy Island with Ricardo and Herve. Heh... when the Eagles made the QB change it was pretty effing funny.

Latest posts