We're gonna miss a playoff spot; and why I think that's good...

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I just don't believe they will draft a QB, or look as hard at offensive linemen in the draft if we make the playoffs. I think missing, would be just the motivation they need to go ahead and take that risk...

Besides, do you guys really want to back into a playoff spot because every other team sucked more, only to lose, or would you rather see some change that might be positive for the future?

I'm trying to be optimistic as I can about the rest of the season, and the overall future, and unfortunately, at this point, it's about the best I got.

I really don't see a coaching change, so perhaps this kind of motivation can lead to improvements in the team at least.

Seems obvious to me, with their cakewalk late schedule, the Rams will easily overtake us and get the west's wildcard spot, if any....

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
While I believe that it’s probable that the team could miss the playoffs, as they’ve been less than inspiring on the field, they kinda have to be in the playoffs.

Trading for Williams and losing a 2nd Rounder is deep. You do that when you are beyond a shadow of the doubt confident you’re gonna not just be in the playoffs, but a deep run. The risk is worth it. However, Pete definitely counted his eggs before they hatched.

After the Browns win (which could’ve easily been a loss if not for an Adams helmet doink) I think the team Pete assumed the team was far more competitive than expected and hemorrhaged a high value pick for a rental player. Since the Browns game and acquiring Williams, they’ve been 1-3 and he’s had one sack. None of this is the production you want to see after such a trade.