We Were All Wrong

Ozzy

Reaction score
Nobody is forcing you to stay
And we see you liking all of Fade's extreme, laughable, ridiculous takes
Way to stay down the middle and avoid that tribalism you hate so much :)
Come on man you have to admit saying someone deserves attacks because they disagree with you is some weak shit in the main forum. This shit is real life for many of you apparently.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It's what I'm pointing out actually. Why can't the Seahawks get hot? After what you've seen from this offense. The defense just has to be mid, they've been better the last 2 games, after horrible mismanagment of scheme, coaching, and playing the wrong guys.

Again... This is an odd year. I normally wouldn't have such an expectation. But all I read on here is about how great Pete is. He's coach of the year! If he's so great why can't he make the NFCCG given the state of this conference? I'm not saying win the conference, just make it there.

Pete apologists turn feral at any hint of expectation, when you'd think they'd be like, "Hell yeah! They can make the title game! Have you seen this NFC?! Have you seen are schedule?! Pete's the best! No reason why we can't get the #2 Seed and make a run!" They are currently the #3 seed.

Instead I get attacked, a bunch of strawmen arguments, while at the same time, told I'm a bad fan for even possibly contemplating that as an expectation even though the NFC is as bad as I've ever seen in my lifetime.
As you said to me, Fade (obviously paraphrased) - you hitched your wagon to a really extreme viewpoint, and the results have been far in the opposite direction. The dunking was earned, just like it would've been for me had Geno been abysmal. C'mon, dawg. You know how this is. Hot takes can burn you.

We have some limited common ground here. I think they could go on a tear, but I don't think they have the horses to hold up deep in the playoffs yet on defense. I'm not saying it's IMPOSSIBLE, just that it's a really unrealistic standard to hold as an EXPECTATION. As a stretch goal on the year? Absolutely warranted.

The great coaching job lies within the continued development of the young core group of players they've obtained, as well as a career renaissance for Geno Smith. It's better than 2018's "retool" after a house clean in 2017 when the wheels fell off. However, a lot of the credit Pete is getting is really on the front office side of his role, so it's a bit hazy how much of that really counts for COTY. There aren't many coaches out there doing this kind of thing time and time again. Pete Carroll is doing what Bill Belichick wishes he could do post-Brady. That's a pretty outstanding achievement, even if I wouldn't go as far as projecting them to the NFCCG yet.

But again, I want to be clear that I'm not saying that it's an impossibility.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
With a franchise QB, that is pretty bad actually. Missed the playoffs entirely the other 2 years. Mike McCarthy got his walking papers with more wins after their first super bowl.

If Pete had done that with Jimmy G or TJack at QB that would be sort of impressive.
Pete Carroll were the crutches for Russell Wilson. It is looking phenomenal how well Pete handled the former franchise QB. Without Pete Carroll it is not unreasonable to argue that the former QB may have never had the opportunity to become a franchise QB.

We may never know, but what we do know is that without Pete Carroll that former franchise QB sure isn't performing as a current franchise QB. And with Pete Carroll a former washed out never to succeed as a franchise QB sure is performing beyond all expectations as a current franchise QB.

These concepts are so simple I cannot really believe you are this dense. You're not really this dense are you?

Ozzy

Reaction score
The comment was made in reference to his snarky arrogance, not his critical nature towards Pete

But you knew this
Alright well fair enough, continue on. It’s at least entertaining and all parties seem to be enjoying it.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Fade gets attacked too often here.. He's been a great contributing member for years now. Yes, somtimes he flips opinions but we all do. He's one of the few who bring actual football content nowadays. Don't run him off like you did to Kearly.
I'm not attacking Fade, I am responding to posts Fade chooses to make. I am amused and wonder if Fade is serious. Fade comes up with pretty in depth takes on subjects that don't really pass the verify check. Receiving feedback and responses is simply part of the process when posting on a forum.

What you see in Fade's posts as football content, I see as fluff and stats to shore up false narratives. The content can be entertaining but I don't see much valid football analysis.

Enlighten me, perhaps there's something hidden in the fluff that I failed to see.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
As you said to me, Fade (obviously paraphrased) - you hitched your wagon to a really extreme viewpoint, and the results have been far in the opposite direction. The dunking was earned, just like it would've been for me had Geno been abysmal. C'mon, dawg. You know how this is. Hot takes can burn you.

We have some limited common ground here. I think they could go on a tear, but I don't think they have the horses to hold up deep in the playoffs yet on defense. I'm not saying it's IMPOSSIBLE, just that it's a really unrealistic standard to hold as an EXPECTATION. As a stretch goal on the year? Absolutely warranted.

The great coaching job lies within the continued development of the young core group of players they've obtained, as well as a career renaissance for Geno Smith. It's better than 2018's "retool" after a house clean in 2017 when the wheels fell off. However, a lot of the credit Pete is getting is really on the front office side of his role, so it's a bit hazy how much of that really counts for COTY. There aren't many coaches out there doing this kind of thing time and time again. Pete Carroll is doing what Bill Belichick wishes he could do post-Brady. That's a pretty outstanding achievement, even if I wouldn't go as far as projecting them to the NFCCG yet.

But again, I want to be clear that I'm not saying that it's an impossibility.
I want to add that they're also paper thin at a few spots. The depth is concerning. Another reason why I wouldn't comfortably predict that sort of playoff success yet. I think they're a solid draft away.

Nunya

Reaction score
No one deserves to be attacked for giving an opinion.

Who do you fear in the NFC?
No, no one should be attacked for giving an opinion. However, they invite attacks on how that opinion is presented. Maybe if you showed just a little humility, you would not be attacked.

I fear the Eagles...the Vikings...the 49ers...the Giants...the Cowboys...and the Rams. All of these teams have the talent and capability to win down the stretch.

Ozzy

Reaction score
No, no one should be attacked for giving an opinion. However, they invite attacks on how that opinion is presented. Maybe if you showed just a little humility, you would not be attacked.

I fear the Eagles...the Vikings...the 49ers...the Giants...the Cowboys...and the Rams. All of these teams have the talent and capability to win down the stretch.
Literally everyone responding to him has been every bit as arrogant. Do people really want a consensus on thought here? I like hearing different opinions. Apparently a lot of people don’t. At least the dude drives dialogue.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I want to add that they're also paper thin at a few spots. The depth is concerning. Another reason why I wouldn't comfortably predict that sort of playoff success yet. I think they're a solid draft away.
Gee Scott,

If they continue the draft process they used this year then they are easily right back in the mix next year as a yearly elite team. This is assuming geno continues his play.

acer1240

Reaction score
Before his hatred of Pete evolved he was praised around here for his football knowledge. I don't agree with him on many things now but I appreciate him taking the time to post. I know I'm the resident asshole but some of you are giving me a run for my money.

He can have an opinion, be wrong and backtrack. Who cares? This is a great example of why people don't post in the main forum anymore. It turns into defending yourself rather than football discussion.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Literally everyone responding to him has been every bit as arrogant. Do people really want a consensus on thought here? I like hearing different opinions. Apparently a lot of people don’t. At least the dude drives dialogue.

He has spent literally YEARS complaining and talking down to people for their opinions, as well. It's not just the fact that he is sharing an opposing opinion. Opposing opinions are fine, the extra bullshit that comes with a Fade post grows tiresome quickly. The internet does not suffer assholes well, as you have found out repeatedly.

Nunya

Reaction score
Someone actually said “you deserve all the attacks you’re getting” all because someone is critical of Pete. This forum has gone to absolute shit.
I said it and I meant it. However, it is not the opinion itself that is inviting attacks. It is the condescending attitude, the constant repetition of illogical narratives, the twisting of facts to support that narrative, and the posturing of opinions as facts that invite the attacks.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Before his hatred of Pete evolved he was praised around here for his football knowledge. I don't agree with him on many things now but I appreciate him taking the time to post. I know I'm the resident asshole but some of you are giving me a run for my money.

He can have an opinion, be wrong and backtrack. Who cares? This is a great example of why people don't post in the main forum anymore. It turns into defending yourself rather than football discussion.

Fade is flame baiting, plain and simple. He gets what he gets.

Hawkpower

Reaction score

Intensely hard disagree

The whole premise of this thread was driven by incredible arrogance on his part, that backs up literally years of the same

Giving him a hard time in return is how it works when you pull this kind of stunt and isnt anywhere near the definition of arrogance

And again, nobody is attacking him for having a different opinion.

Ozzy

Reaction score
He has spent literally YEARS complaining and talking down to people for their opinions, as well. It's not just the fact that he is sharing an opposing opinion. Opposing opinions are fine, the extra bullshit that comes with a Fade post grows tiresome quickly. The internet does not suffer assholes well, as you have found out repeatedly.
Says the one guy who is constantly a laughing stock in the other forum. You’re nothing if not a decent and noble poster. Didn’t you just get warned for shitting on everyone in a smoker thread of all places where people were just posting recipes?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Gee Scott,

If they continue the draft process they used this year then they are easily right back in the mix next year as a yearly elite team. This is assuming geno continues his play.
Completely agreed. If they nail another draft like they did 2022, they're instant contenders. They're already on the cusp (at full potential).

Hawkpower

Reaction score

He didnt backtrack
Thats the point

Ozzy

Reaction score
Intensely hard disagree

The whole premise of this thread was driven by incredible arrogance on his part, that backs up literally years of the same

Giving him a hard time in return is how it works when you pull this kind of stunt and isnt anywhere near the definition of arrogance

And again, nobody is attacking him for having a different opinion.
I love giving a hard time or disagreeing as hawkstrongs hurt feelings prove but some of the responses in this thread are just wild lol.

Again maybe I’m wrong but Fade is never insults or questions people character which seems to happen a ton in this thread but I could very well be wrong and maybe it’s par for the course.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Says the one guy who is constantly a laughing stock in the other forum.

The Shack? Says the guy who got bodied so bad that he changed his screen name. Shush.

You’re nothing if not a decent and noble poster. Didn’t you just get warned for shitting on everyone in a smoker thread of all places where people were just posting recipes?

I admittedly trolled the smoker thread, key word: admittedly. No, I didn't get warned because I stopped before anyone said anything to me. How is that relevant to this discussion?
Hilarious that you think that equates to Fade dropping flame bait in the main forum for years.