We have become WAY to spoiled over the Past 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
BINGO.

If this playoff run is one and done, you will see personnel upheaval big time. Bigger than the "I want my payday" now that followed the SB win.

We have lots of players nearing the twilight portion of their careers, and they will either want the cash grab, and/or a chance to win it all, and if that has the potential to lead to mass exodus of some beloved players via trade or options - OR, make for an unhappy, dissatisfied 2017 from both players and coaches as relationships become further frayed.

This off-season might prove the most volatile one yet of the Carroll era - and further push Carroll to consider hanging it up even sooner than his existing contract extension.[/quote]

Do you really believe this?[/quote]

Yes, I do. It will be a tough off-season personnel and personality-wise.

There's a lot more tension coming out of our own sideline/locker-room than is currently being reported. That reporting will likely commence in a few months.

MrThortan

Reaction score
If at the beginning of the season someone told me we would get the #2 seed if we beat the Rams & Cards at CenturyLink and 49rs in their house, (Lions need to drop one) I would feel pretty good about it. We win 1/3 and we are guaranteed at least a wildcard spot makes me feel even better. The team got their assess kicked. Momma said that builds character. Even if we lose to the Rams... it isn't over. Just got to win one, and hopefully all three, then on to the playoff mentality. Winning is hard in the NFL.

People acting like the Seahawks are one step away from becoming the Browns. Pete is still a hell of a coach and I am sure Paul would like to keep him as long as possible. End of the Pete Carroll era.... bloody hell. Only if he wants to retire and go fishing every day.

Hell in 2013 we were one tip away from not going to the Super Bowl. That season had its own set of struggles.

:0190l:

stizz19

Reaction score
hawkfan68":yumzax4u said:
I'm not sure the Seahawks have great talent anymore. They have good talent and at times play great.

Jermaine Kearse - not great
Jeremy Lane - not great
Sowell - not great
Britt - not great
Glowinski- not great
Rawls - not great, potential to be
Wright - very good but not great
Terrell - not great
Rubin - not great
McDaniel - not great
Willson - not great
Gilliam - not great
Marsh - not great
Coyle - not great
Morgan - not great
Clark - not great

Great talent can take over games....when has anyone on the above list has taken over games and you can point to them as the reason the Seahawks have won.

KJ Wright is great, we can ill afford to lose him.

Cartire

Reaction score
MrThortan":2afs4ps0 said:
If at the beginning of the season someone told me we would get the #2 seed if we beat the Rams & Cards at CenturyLink and 49rs in their house, (Lions need to drop one) I would feel pretty good about it. We win 1/3 and we are guaranteed at least a wildcard spot makes me feel even better. The team got their assess kicked. Momma said that builds character. Even if we lose to the Rams... it isn't over. Just got to win one, and hopefully all three, then on to the playoff mentality. Winning is hard in the NFL.

People acting like the Seahawks are one step away from becoming the Browns. Pete is still a hell of a coach and I am sure Paul would like to keep him as long as possible. End of the Pete Carroll era.... bloody hell. Only if he wants to retire and go fishing every day.

Hell in 2013 we were one tip away from not going to the Super Bowl. That season had its own set of struggles.

:0190l:

/Thread

Enjoy this guys. Enjoy it. It's a good show.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Spoiled is expecting the Seahawks to win every game.

There's nothing spoiled about pointing out that an uber-talented team is playing with maddening inconsistency.

I understand hot-winning streaks. I understand cold-losing streaks. I don't understand a week by week fluctuation between awful and great. That's not a normal ebb and flow. And pointing that out isn't irrational or spoiled, IMO.

Some of this stuff is a lot like telling your kid they can't have ice cream right now.
"Why do you hate me dad?"
"Um, I don't. I'm just saying no ice cream before dinner."

There is a gray area to this conversation, and that's what makes sports interesting/fun to talk about.

Crizilla

Reaction score
fans have become spoiled, but the team is still held to great standards. That's what winning over a long period of time does. Fans just need to control themselves better.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":3kmv592f said:
Spoiled is expecting the Seahawks to win every game.

There's nothing spoiled about pointing out that an uber-talented team is playing with maddening inconsistency.

I understand hot-winning streaks. I understand cold-losing streaks. I don't understand a week by week fluctuation between awful and great. That's not a normal ebb and flow. And pointing that out isn't irrational or spoiled, IMO.

Some of this stuff is a lot like telling your kid they can't have ice cream right now.
"Why do you hate me dad?"
"Um, I don't. I'm just saying no ice cream before dinner."

There is a gray area to this conversation, and that's what makes sports interesting/fun to talk about.

Well said. Anytime a team with these players plays like they did at Tampa, gb, or Arizona, my license to dissect, bitch, moan, and or spew venomous hatred is stamped and approved.

razor150

Reaction score
I find it sad that people feel the need to tone police people who rightfully are concerned about how poorly this offense can play even when going up against mediocre to bad defenses.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
semiahmoo":b7olhjkd said:
We have lots of players nearing the twilight portion of their careers, and they will either want the cash grab, and/or a chance to win it all, and if that has the potential to lead to mass exodus of some beloved players via trade or options - OR, make for an unhappy, dissatisfied 2017 from both players and coaches as relationships become further frayed.

This off-season might prove the most volatile one yet of the Carroll era - and further push Carroll to consider hanging it up even sooner than his existing contract extension.

Like who?

StoneCold

Reaction score
razor150":lwhepgn5 said:
I find it sad that people feel the need to tone police people who rightfully are concerned about how poorly this offense can play even when going up against mediocre to bad defenses.

Saying that we have been inconsistent and having concerns about how we will perform in upcoming games is valid. Saying that an era is coming to an end or that we have no shot to make it to the Super Bowl or any of the other sky is falling blame fests are not warranted. People can post whatever they want. Sky is falling or anti sky is falling or even anti anti sky is falling.

classicaaron

Reaction score
I don't think im spoiled rather than thinking its about time and we need to strike while the iron is hot. I was born in '82 and been a fan since I knew what football was. for 20 some years of my life this team was basically crap. so I feel I put in the heartache and that im due some enjoyment. and the window is so small in sports id hate to look back 10 years from now and say they really should have won 3 or 4 times and only ended up with one. because you know eventually we are going to have another 20 year drought and don't want to look at the great times as simply just being a playoff team.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
hawkfan68":21dmw1ux said:
I'm not sure the Seahawks have great talent anymore. They have good talent and at times play great.

Jermaine Kearse - not great
Jeremy Lane - not great
Sowell - not great
Britt - not great
Glowinski- not great
Rawls - not great, potential to be
Wright - very good but not great
Terrell - not great
Rubin - not great
McDaniel - not great
Willson - not great
Gilliam - not great
Marsh - not great
Coyle - not great
Morgan - not great
Clark - not great

Great talent can take over games....when has anyone on the above list has taken over games and you can point to them as the reason the Seahawks have won.

So none of our backup players have stepped in and taken over games?

This team is doomed.

razor150

Reaction score
StoneCold":4jzaxjkf said:
razor150":4jzaxjkf said:

Saying that we have been inconsistent and having concerns about how we will perform in upcoming games is valid. Saying that an era is coming to an end or that we have no shot to make it to the Super Bowl or any of the other sky is falling blame fests are not warranted. People can post whatever they want. Sky is falling or anti sky is falling or even anti anti sky is falling.

Did I say they can't? Just because someone doesn't think an opinion is warranted doesn't mean they should go around tone policing people. The difference is that nobody goes around telling people how they have to believe that the end of the era is over, and how anybody who thinks it isn't is an idiot.

StoneCold

Reaction score
razor150":2n60if5d said:
StoneCold":2n60if5d said:
razor150":2n60if5d said:

Did I say they can't? Just because someone doesn't think an opinion is warranted doesn't mean they should go around tone policing people. The difference is that nobody goes around telling people how they have to believe that the end of the era is over, and how anybody who thinks it isn't is an idiot.

Au contraire, half the posts in the main forum are telling all of us we're stupid to not understand that Pete Carroll is a fraud, Russell Wilson has hit his ceiling and both are on the way down.

Not that it matters, but what I was trying to point out is you are tone policing the tone police.

razor150

Reaction score
StoneCold":2f1hympl said:
razor150":2f1hympl said:
StoneCold":2f1hympl said:
razor150":2f1hympl said:

Au contraire, half the posts in the main forum are telling all of us we're stupid to not understand that Pete Carroll is a fraud, Russell Wilson has hit his ceiling and both are on the way down.

Not that it matters, but what I was trying to point out is you are tone policing the tone police.

Seriously? That is hilarious. Who am I tone policing, can you point it out? Am I attacking anyone and telling them that they can't say what they are saying, or have the opinion that they have?

StoneCold

Reaction score
razor150":nwvj8aey said:

StoneCold":nwvj8aey said:

Seriously? That is hilarious. Who am I tone policing, can you point it out? Am I attacking anyone and telling them that they can't say what they are saying, or have the opinion that they have?

The comment " I find it sad..." speaks to your disapproval of the tone police, there by tone policing the tone police. Due to your avatar I could have this convo all day. It is also far more interesting than the sky is falling posts that are far too numerous in the main forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.