We Get Joe and Troy This Week

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":7wdcjj61 said:
Jerhawk":7wdcjj61 said:
BlueBlood":7wdcjj61 said:
Seahwkgal":7wdcjj61 said:
Does anyone know which network has the double-header this weekend? If it's FOX, I am pretty sure that I will get to view the Seahawks game since Detroit is being aired on CBS and GB/Minn/Chicago all have evening games-I live in NFC North airing territory. :(

Um, no sports bars NFL ticket? Always amazes me when fans in other areas say they can't watch a game because its not on their regular cable. Where there is a will there is a way.

Vipbox also works for 99% of all sporting events even pay per view and it works on android phones and tablets as well as iPhone and ipads

Perhaps they just like watching the game from the comfort of their home, and don't possess ipads or iphones and other forms of technology besides the basic cpu. Always amazes me when people leave condescending remarks to a simple question.

Seahawkgal, I don't have the answer to your question but the nfl viewing map thread should be up on here today or tomorrow

Or, some folks may be on disability, or a fixed income maybe, or both. They may have limited options, upto and including an inability to possess or subscribe to many online options.

:141847_bnono:
I am disabled, we have a very tight budget. There is not a nearby sports bar since we do live in the sticks. I do not have an ipad or iphone. I enjoy watching games here at home in comfort on our big screen and I do not like being around idiots tracking their fantasy football scores. We do get redzone, so I will get to see the big plays but it still is not the same as watching a whole game live. Thanks for all the replies BTW. :2thumbs:

mrt144

Reaction score
Tip for those without Direct TV but with a PS4 or XBox One - You can get streaming Sunday Ticket to your game console. It isn't cheap and I passed this year because of medical/vacation expenses on the horizon but...it is cheaper than schlepping to a bar and paying bar drink prices on a weekly basis. In the sticks you might be limited by bandwidth throughput though.

In fact the streaming ability was like methadone to the heroin that is going to Charlie's and dropping 100 bucks between 2 people. I'm almost clean, I promise!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2iahr5rs said:
MontanaHawk05":2iahr5rs said:
StoneCold":2iahr5rs said:
fenderbender123":2iahr5rs said:
Worst broadcast crew in the history of sports.

I completely disagree. Joe Buck is as good as any tuna boat in the fleet and Troy is easy one the eyes. What more could you ask for?

Someone who doesn't staple most of his calls together out of six phrases? Let's see..

"SLINGS it!"

"Over the MIDDLE!"

"Depends on the spot"

My mistake, it was just three.

I exaggerate a little, of course. But it's glaringly noticeable.

Practically every other broadcaster on all four networks brings both a wider vocabulary and more excitement in his voice, except maybe Chris Myers. I miss Matt Vesgarsian from the Holmgren days. Joe and Troy have been certainly complimentary to the Seahawks during the Carroll days, so no complaints there. But in general I just don't like them.

Montana check your PM's. :les:

I generally don't care about announcers unless they're obnoxious or say stupid things like that guy that called the week 1 td and said there was a flag.

Dan Fouts? Yeah, he also called that Wilson hadn't been sacked, when he had. Not all that good.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
The best way I can put it, is that Joe and Troy don't sound like they're having much fun doing an NFL broadcast. Almost every other broadcast crew does. I don't sense any legitimate excitement or passion in their voices.

Even Dan Fouts sounds like he's having fun trying to gamble and be the first to predict that a penalty flag on a touchdown is for offensive pass interference, but then finding out he's wrong and trying to be cool about it, while in his head he knows he gambled on looking like he's a perceptive analyst, but totally lost and that he's gonna have to eat shit for it.

The point is, Dan Fouts probably has a gambling problem.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":30fkir65 said:
Well, I just checked my guide, fast-forwarded to Sunday and the double-header is on CBS, not FOX. So, I am screwed from seeing the Hawks play live.

In this day and age no one should be unable to view any brodcast live. All you need is internet and a pc or similar device. A quick search in reddit on gameday should be able to assist you.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Bill Assumpcao":30899g6x said:
http://506sports.com/

Go Hawks,
BillA

Decided to bump this up to the top instead of making another post. You are welcome.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Great...Seattle @ LA is the #1 Fox game of the week, I live in an area with lots of Seahawk fans, and yet they've decided to show Dallas @ Washington here instead? I'm not even surprised anymore.

253hawk

Reaction score
Joe and Troy can be a little dry at times, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'll take boring commentating over bad commentating or overly-homer any day. Almost anyone is better than what CBS trots out every week, or ESPN when they have Berman or Dilfer do the MNF premiere.

The best is when games are broadcast in Dolby so you can disable the center channel (voice) and just listen to the stadium audio through all of the other speakers.

A

Anonymous

I enjoy doing announcer impressions and Joe Buck is one of the more difficult ones to get right. Hard to match his tone.

I do a pretty good Marv Albert and a decent Kenny Albert (duh), among others.

"Jordan for three... yesss!"