Want Tre Flowers back as SS?

toffee

Reaction score
Flowers was my adopted rookie, always got a soft spot for him. He was good with run defense when he played CB for us and he was quite good with tackles. If he come back as SS? could he be better than our current dude?

KinesProf

Reaction score
Has he been released? I can't seem to find that anywhere. I thought he had a pretty decent role with the Bengals as recently as Thursday night.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Do it! I miss watching a DB 7 yards off the reciever.

The only area of the defence that is showing any spec of promise is the DBs...please leave them alone.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Flowers was my adopted rookie, always got a soft spot for him. He was good with run defense when he played CB for us and he was quite good with tackles. If he come back as SS? could he be better than our current dude?
Hell to the NO!

chrispy

Reaction score
I think there is some room for improvement for Josh Jones. I don't know who provides that or even if it's someone new. Maybe he needs a little more time. There may be more glaring deficiencies, but I'm not ready to give the DBackfield a pass from competition just yet. I have no opinion on Flowers to Safety, but someone to push starters wouldn't hurt.

BTW, I'd be completely OK subbing in Tre, or his little sister, or Grandma, at ILB.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
In his years with the hawks, Tre tackled well, with a few forced fumbles; he was good with run defense too, not that run defense was his priorities as a CB. Tre wasn't good enough as a CB, but his coverage skill may just be adequate as a strong safety? Bengals used him to cover TEs and he has been adequate.

We may have to use a 6th round pick to get him, I won't mind to try.

Fade

Reaction score
If they play more man and put him on TEs he could be effective. But they won't do that so it's a... no.

cymatica

Reaction score
Seattle misused him at CB, he looked way better the way the Bengals used him. Wasn't he a SS in college?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Seattle misused him at CB, he looked way better the way the Bengals used him. Wasn't he a SS in college?
He was a SS in college, his problems were lack of hip flexibility and lack of nimbleness. I think by using him as SS might work to his strength, and he has put on weight, not as lanky anymore.