Wagner returns to Seattle (1 year/$7 million)

had2bhawk

Reaction score
IMO Wagner will hang it up next year as a Hawk. Hopefully the FO will move him to a roll of a coach. I mean come on, who's gonna question his love for the game and how it should be played? Yeah, it sounds Fairytale but, thats what I hope for Bobby Wagner.

flv2

Reaction score
Sadly he hasn't followed Wilson to the Broncos.

...I'm just kidding. If the deal maxes out at $7M then it's a fair deal. Wagner was good last year but he wasn't a difference maker. $10M plus a possible $2M in incentives was too much to pay him in 2022.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
2023 Bobby is still better than plenty of 2023 LBs. Love the signing. Not just for the leadership he brings but the familiarity and he clearly still has some left in the tank.
THIS^^^^I'm Lovin' it, because this move by John to bring Bobby back into the fold also signals a huge changeup in this years Draft needs too.
John & Pete are jockeying for another KICK ASS Draft, as they can now bypass LB as a must-have pick in the early rounds....Keeps everyone else in the League guessing.....Love This!!!!!
WELCOME BACK HOME BOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Oh man, Bobby is going to Bobby, and it’s huge for fans and former teammates alike but the biggest impact I see coming from this is if you can get some of Wagner’s game mentality and intangibles to rub off on Devin Bush. Bush, IMO, just went from project potential to being potentially scary good.

But it’s not only huge for Bush but realistically any LBer they might draft to come in and have Bobby in the same room as them.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Yes! Count me as someone who thinks he still has more to offer. The Hawks just need to invest in the defensive line to keep him clean. He wasn't his best here on 2021, but he wasn't given much help. It was said from one of the teammates (maybe Diggs?) that the opposing offensive line basically focused on blocking #54 because of the lack of respect towards the Hawks D Line and as a result Wags was dealing with more linemen than is typical for a linebacker.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Wish they gave him 2 years at 5.5 per.
This could be 7.5m, or it could be 1 year at 5.5, or it could be a lot of other things. Wagner's previous deal was a 10m/1 year deal with the Rams, but was initially reported as a $50m/5 year deal.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Yeah, saw it coming.

Pete still feels bad for ending it the way he did.

Gave him another shot, strictly, personal.

What are you even talking about?
You can't be talking about Bobby finding out about his release thru the media because Bobby walked that claim back.

Whatever though, glad to have a leader back to help the defense in a position of need.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Great news. This helps our LB position tremendously. Wags is durable, starting all 17 games last year.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I haven't been this excited about an off-season in a long time. FO is absolutely killing it and the draft is gonna be fun. Welcome back wagz

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I just don't know what this means. Obviously, it's a great culture move and feels good - but Wagner simply does not have the lateral agility left to cover the ground that the mike linebacker needs to.

Might come up with some sort of special role that has him playing more north-south? He's still plenty solid at that.

This is what I was thinking too. Love BWagz but he isnt the player he used to be. I'm a bit surprised they brought him back.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
As said about, this one just "feels right". He's going to be a nice veteran presence in that front 7. I am confident they'll be able to take advantage of what he still does well, playing downhill.

Funny, I was just catching up on an NFL podcast from earlier this week tonight on remaining free agents and where they'd like them to land and they talked about Bobby on the Niners. I died a little inside listening to that.

This is great news. Welcome back Bobby!

Rainger

Reaction score
Welcome back Bobby, you were always more important to the team than the narcissistic other guy that left last year. NO I DO NOT WANT A REUNION WITH THAT GUY!

Go Hawks. Retire a Hawk Bobby! Become one of the staff, get into the Ring of honor and the Hall of Fame! I am even down with retiring your number! But number 3 should never be retired,