Wagner not coming back

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Someone will overpay..just like all free agents...likely to a contender. If he signs with KC he gets another ring.
KC isn't after over the hill LB's. If they spend beyond Chris Jones and that stellar cb they just tagged it would be at WR but that doesn't honestly make any sense given the WR class is really deep.

Last edited:

AnimeAmore

Reaction score
Moving on from Wagner is the correct move for the Hawks. It also gives Bobby a chance to either take the highest money offer for one last payday, or take a lesser deal to be on a super bowl contender.
Being a seahawk automatically means less name recognition among football fans, but Wagner quietly had a HOF career.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It’s never pretty to see your most respected warrior take his last steps.

I have no doubt he can still be close to the league lead in tackles next year no matter what colors he adorns but we all know it’s time to close that chapter.

Thank you Bobby. Can’t wait to honor you in Canton in a few years.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
It's tough when we're talking about beloved players who we all hope retire as a Hawk. Hopefully that's what he wants and hopefully they find a way to make that happen when the time comes.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Doesn't mean he won't end up coming back, but I'm ok with them moving on. And he's one of my all-time favorite Hawks.
Right! If he were to take on a diminishing role, perhaps for his experience and showing the new guys the ropes and able to take a back up role....anything's possible.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
We already knew this but it's official..the last member of the super bowl team..

He’s a two down linebacker.

I’m not sure what is driving him at this point?

He has a hall of fame resume and a Super Bowl ring.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At present the view that Wags won't be back is speculative as the market may not be that friendly to a 34 year old MLB who is not exactly strong in coverage.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The issue his coverage. He's VERY good against the run, but in coverage, he is a liability. Shoot, even Wyman was talking about it yesterday.

AVL

Reaction score
Wagner needed to get an agent after he peaked. He no longer knew his own value.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Wagner needed to get an agent after he peaked. He no longer knew his own value.
what are you basing this assessment on? It seems to me that he did just fine financially while representing himself.