Using Harvin

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Liz Mathews 710 ESPN ‏@Liz_Mathews 1m
Carroll said #Seahawks WR Percy Harvin looked 100% this week. Will play in Super Bowl with no limitations.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":202gts2v said:
Carroll said #Seahawks WR Percy Harvin looked 100% this week. Will play in Super Bowl with no limitations.

Now for Clayton's tweet about how big a mistake that will be :roll:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":bfqzme5b said:

Even though it's the SB, I can't let myself get all worked up over Harvin. I expect him to play, but I don't expect him to be a huge factor. I HOPE he will be, but I'm not expecting it.

Bottom Line: Just by Harvin playing is going to cause Denver headaches not only in preparing for him, but on the field.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
In case it wasn't entirely clear from the tweet above:

Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 10m
Carroll says Harvin won't need to be manage at all. Says he'll be on kicks and all that.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
There is a myth out there that people get hurt all the time returning kicks. It doesn't happen like that.

I can't think of the last time one of our kick returners got hurt.

You spend $60 million on a player, you want to maximize his skill set. Not letting him return kicks for fear of injury is crazy.

Full speed ahead, every weapon at our disposal. Damn the torpedoes!

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3ooq1c5a said:
There is a myth out there that people get hurt all the time returning kicks. It doesn't happen like that.

I can't think of the last time one of our kick returns got hurt.

You spend $60 million on a player, you want to maximize his skill set. Not letting him return kicks for fear of injury is crazy.

Full speed ahead, every weapon at our disposal. Damn the torpedoes!

Although I agree with your premise, and that there is a better chance of getting hurt on punts or receiving, Kearse did get hurt on a kick off earlier this year. It was against the Vikings and Harvin came in for him. Kearse hasn't returned a kick since

jblaze

Reaction score
Put him back there on KR and PR. Denver's special teams have been atrocious this year and there's a good opportunity to get points out of them.

This is the last year of the game, let the guy go full bore and he can rest/heal up all offseason if necessary. He's motivated, let him go!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Use that little bastard until he can't stand up. This is for everything.

He has plenty of time to rest in the offseason and his hip was fine after the NO game.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Clayton is on KIRO now talking Harvin and saying that he did ask pete about Harvin and got the answer that has already been posted...that Harvin is 100% and will do all we ask him to. He reiterated that he thinks it's a mistake, but believes now that Harvin will return kicks.

All I have to say is I am so glad that Clayton doesn't coach the team

iigakusei

Reaction score
He is a threat to take it to the house anytime he returns a kick. Last time I checked a TD is worth the same amount of points no matter how you get it. ps - I love that Pete puts so much emphasis on Special teams....even our all pro safety plays them!

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1yw91io7 said:
It will be very interesting to see whether or not Pete does let him return kicks.

I think we put him back there....what I am waiting to see, is how Denver reacts to that

marko358

Reaction score
It would be foolish to not have him return kicks. He is one of the most dangerous kick returners in the game. What the heck would we be saving him for? Play to win because there's no guarantees that you'll ever come back to the Superb Owl.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Its the superbowl..this is WHY he was signed. To win THIS game. THIS one.

Kick returns. now.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I can give you 67 million reasons why he should return kicks

chet380

Reaction score
Horror scenario -- opening KO to PH - jets up the field - "Joe Special Team" sheds his block and NAILS PH - OH NO!! Head Injury - undergoing concussion protocol and questionable to return.

Why take this foolish risk?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
chet380":340vi1qx said:
Horror scenario -- opening KO to PH - jets up the field - "Joe Special Team" sheds his block and NAILS PH - OH NO!! Head Injury - undergoing concussion protocol and questionable to return.

You're right. Let's just put him on the sideline..he could get hurt running back kicks or he could get hurt catching passes or he could get hurt on an end around. Wait...we could lose any Seahawk at any time.....let's bench 'em all and just let the Broncos have the Lombardi....it's not worth the risk :roll:

marko358

Reaction score
chet380":2plg9oi5 said:

Um, because any player on any given play is at risk of getting injured. Heck, just throw in all of our 3rd stringers. Lets keep everyone healthy for next year.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":p7m2siue said:
It's the last game. Put him out there wherever he can give us an upgrade/chance to break a big score and if he gets hurt, at least he got hurt trying to win a ring.
This.