Updated: Hawks Decline LB Brooks' 5th year option...

Jville

Reaction score

................. will they or won't they?

Last edited:

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I think they will. Bush, Wagner, Brooks will all be FA's next year if they decline.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I think Brooks is serviceable, but may not be worth the price. I look at him the same way I look at Patrick Queen.

Queen only started looking good when he wasn’t responsible for making all of the calls and had a good LB next to him. I think that Brooks is the same type of player. I’m interested to see how he looks now that Bobby is next to him.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
That contract would be tied for the 8th highest AAV at LB. I don't think Brooks is worth that personally. It seems like he makes tackles more than he makes plays. Additionally coming off that injury, I wouldn't commit that kind of money just yet.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think they will. Bush, Wagner, Brooks will all be FA's next year if they decline.

I'd be absolutely shocked if we pick up Brook's option.

It was already 50/50 when he was healthy and struggling as the MIC LB last year, when healthy. Now that he's coming off of a major injury and we have no idea if that will completely heal and how he fits into the defense now that Bobby's back?

Not happening. Brooks IMO falls into the same category as other good but not great enough players we didn't pick up their options like Shaq Griffin.

kidhawk

Reaction score

In a case like this, if he heals up and makes it back to play well this season and stay healthy, we can still sign him to an extension. Not opting for the 5th year doesn't mean we have to let him go. Same goes with anyone under contract; we have all season to decide if we want to extend them.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Brooks is a hell of an athlete, but unfortunately I don't think he is suited for the role of general of Pete's defense. He does well when told what to do, when he's free to run and hit. He's coming off of a major injury as well. And for that reason alone, I think they will pass on his 5th year option.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Jordyn's injury occurred in week 17 on January 1st of this year. Although his rehab is said to be ahead of schedule, they need to be careful to avoid any set back. It was reasonable to decline to exercise a fifth year option. I don't expect him to be cleared for competitive contact by opening day.

getnasty

Reaction score
Easy decision even if he wasn't hurt. Nothing he's done has warrented a 12.5 cap hit next year. Espically after looking at the market for LB's this offseason.