Turmoil on 9ers land

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I think people miss something with Deebo.

The guy had 1400 yards receiving last year which is really good. However, he had almost 1000 at MIDSEASON. Samuel and Kupp were neck and neck to that point.

The reason he "only" had 400 down the stretch is that he started playing RB and played alot less as a WR.

What's my point? My point is that while people may say its his snaps at RB that should get him payed, if he HADN'T taken those snaps and had been playing WR 100% of the time, he'd likely have had ALOT more than 1400 yards last year. He also missed a game so that's 16 games.

As for his situation...honestly its depressing...and doesn't make much sense.

I actually don't think he'll get traded. I think his value to SF is more than to other teams and no team will give up what it would require to pry him loose. Additionally, if he decides to sit this year, thanks to the new CBA, he won't get an accredited season so he won't be a free agent next year. He'll just get a 5th year on his rookie deal. Then they can franchise him twice.

Point being, I don't know what would "compel" them to trade him unless its for a kings ransom.

As for the remark about Kittle wanting out....must be fun to flat make stuff up on the internet. lol.

Ks/jl had to see this possibility rationally, but at the time it was thought that all could be fixed with a garropolo trade.

Stud

Reaction score
I'm still confused by this Deebo situation. I mean, this came out of nowhere and now Deebo is being a Diva. Just the most random thing.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
I'm still confused by this Deebo situation. I mean, this came out of nowhere and now Deebo is being a Diva. Just the most random thing.
It’s not out of nowhere…The Jags start a seismic shift in the WR market that triggered trades & $$$ in pockets.

Until it impacts at least an OTA, I’d hold off on the Diva label and chalk it up to classic negotiation tactics.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Its the carries at running back.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Damn I thought for sure the Jets would trade for him but maybe that was all just Niner speculation 😂

94Smith

Reaction score
They tried. I don't think the offer was good enough though. Rumor was it was a first and a swap of our second for their 5th. I think a first and a third or a first and a second next year would have got it done but giving up our second is not a very good deal IMO.

Hopefully they can get a deal done. AJ Browns contract is a good starting point likely with more guaranteed money

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
They tried. I don't think the offer was good enough though. Rumor was it was a first and a swap of our second for their 5th. I think a first and a third or a first and a second next year would have got it done but giving up our second is not a very good deal IMO.

Hopefully they can get a deal done. AJ Browns contract is a good starting point likely with more guaranteed money
Now you're stuck with a diva. Doesn't want to be there and doesn't want to be a wide back anymore so go pound sand. Take what you can at this point. They probably offered a 2nd round pick tho

94Smith

Reaction score
He will want to be there if he gets paid. DK is going to be next. Same agent and similar production