Trey Lance demoted to 3rd string after draft

94Smith

Reaction score
Wow, so you 49er fans have no concerns going into the season? And you think Hargrave will be worth the $80 million contract he signed. That's the difference between 49er fans and Seahawks fans. Seahawk fans complain about the one-year $3.5 million contract Devin Bush got.
Dude they were 13-4 last year and are returning 19/22 starters. Yes I have concerns, but anything short of a second NFC championship appearance would be a dissapointment

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Wow, so you 49er fans have no concerns going into the season? And you think Hargrave will be worth the $80 million contract he signed. That's the difference between 49er fans and Seahawks fans. Seahawk fans complain about the one-year $3.5 million contract Devin Bush got.
Why do all fan bases truly believe they are the one true, objective fan base? Or whatever other tribal affiliations people have (politics, choice of truck, etc.). We are all irrational big brained chimps in clothes.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Purdys timeline is what has been expected.

Trey has looked good very early in the offseason.

Darnold is learning.

Nobody really knows who will end up starting so I'm just waiting to see it play out.

Marvin49

Reaction score
He had a finger injury going into 2022 that kept him from gripping properly. No wonder they signed JimmyG back so fast. Kinda bs to me.
No.

Finger injury is from preseason of rookie year. It didn't heal right. He was still dealing with issues with that finger last offseason.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
No.

Finger injury is from preseason of rookie year. It didn't heal right. He was still dealing with issues with that finger last offseason.

If the finger was an issue why didn’t they correct it then? Same with the mechanics Ie setting his base.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
If the finger was an issue why didn’t they correct it then? Same with the mechanics Ie setting his base.
I suppose they were in a rush to get Lance the starting job last year and decided to live with the issues. Since he got injured (ankle and finger), now they have the luxury of letting him get completely healed and rebuild his mechanics. As with all quarterbacks, this will be an ongoing process. My understanding is that QBs focus on mechanics in the offseason and focus on the learning plays and studying film once camp gets underway.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I suppose they were in a rush to get Lance the starting job last year and decided to live with the issues. Since he got injured (ankle and finger), now they have the luxury of letting him get completely healed and rebuild his mechanics. As with all quarterbacks, thiwill be an ongoing process. My understanding is that QBs focus on mechanics in the offseason and focus on the learning plays and studying film once camp gets underway.
Rebuilding mechanics isn’t something all NFL quarterbacks do. Most already know how to throw at this level. He’s 3rd string/emergency QB in case the other two get hurt

94Smith

Reaction score
Rebuilding mechanics isn’t something all NFL quarterbacks do. Most already know how to throw at this level. He’s 3rd string/emergency QB in case the other two get hurt
While I agree he is the back up, lots of qbs work on mechanics and footwork all the time. Fields, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen in recent offseasons

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
While I agree he is the back up, lots of qbs work on mechanics and footwork all the time. Fields, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen in recent offseasons
Yeah but they don’t have to reinvent the wheel in the process. Whenever you trade and burn that much draft capital and trade up to take a top 3 pick you want him to be almost game ready in year one. Now you have to teach this guy how to throw right? Lol ok 👌