trent dilfer

Hawkpower

Reaction score
justafan":1b5q2m6a said:
What were they supposed to say?
That we looked dominant or we played like a SB team?We didnt, we got beat up by the Rams.Fortunately we held them out of the EZ but we didnt play like a SB team.
I dont want these guys all over the Hawks nuts,I want them badmouthing us.

It's Dilweed's hypocrisy that annoys.

He certainly wasnt trashing the Whiners when they looked HORRID early in the year (while losing by the way). Did they look like a SB team??

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is who Trent Dilfer is.

For example, a couple years back, he went out of his way to slam the Hawks for not drafting Andy Dalton in the first round. Last year Dilfer didn't have such harsh comments for any other team in the NFL on their draft selections. None.

I'm sure we can find sound bites where Dilfer says good things about the Seahawks.

But, it's his over the top comments on the Hawks when things go bad.

Dilfer....Why are you so mad about the Hawks bro?

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
truehawksfan":3pvxjgu8 said:

For example, a couple years back, he went out of his way to slam the Hawks for not drafting Andy Dalton in the first round. Last year Dilfer didn't have such harsh comments for any other team in the NFL on their draft selections. None.

I'm sure we can find sound bites where Dilfer says good things about the Seahawks.

I know he's a huge RW fan but that's it

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
truehawksfan":2fujstmn said:

People are surprised that Dilfer hates Seattle after getting displaced by Hasselbeck?

Ozzy

Reaction score
I usually like Dilfer but thought he was off base here. He doesn't account for both tackles being out against the best team in the league at getting to the QB? We also don't have our best weapon in Percy Harvin. He looked bad here for sure.

hawker84

Reaction score
Saying Seattle has hit it's ceiling when we're still missing so many key guys is where it stops for me, anything said after that point went on deaf ears... Dilfer is a clown, they both bashed us last season until they had no choice but to jump on the bandwagon. You can throw Michael Irvin in the group as well.

I won't totally discount the Kam comment though, he is a liability in coverage, but having said that, it's going to be tough for QB's to throw on us when our pass rush is on their game and Earl continues to play at the level he is...

frankly i like flying under the radar again, it's fun to watch these chumps eat crow...

Go Hawks!!!!!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
davidonmi":2zbdh5tr said:
truehawksfan":2zbdh5tr said:

I know he's a huge RW fan but that's it

He had PLENTY of effusive praise for Seattle going into last tear's Seahawks vs Niners game in December. The guy is a commentator, now, not a part of any team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Dilfer is no different than most of the media talking heads, puts too much stock in team performances week to week.

Hawks dominate the 49'ers on SNF, everyone's all over their jock Monday morning on every channel. Hawks lay a stinker in St. Louis and look like crap, everyone jumps off the bandwagon.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2lvifi98 said:
Dilfer is no different than most of the media talking heads, puts too much stock in team performances week to week.

Hawks dominate the 49'ers on SNF, everyone's all over their jock Monday morning on every channel. Hawks lay a stinker in St. Louis and look like crap, everyone jumps off the bandwagon.
Its the news cycle. Fans and gamblers are no different In this regard.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Dilfer is playing it up for the SF faithful. I highly doubt he would make those statements on national T.V. with a live ESPN audience. He is a fan of the 9ers and was on a SF Radio station. It isn't like he is going to go on there and say the Niners are going to get their a*s kicked DEC 8.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
The weird thing to me about Dilfer is that shortly after he left Seattle, he was downright giddy about them. During the run to XL, he was a real Seahawks homer. It wasn't until he played for SF that he turned like a wet dog not allowed in the house on a cold day against the Seahawks.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":36rtxdiv said:
The weird thing to me about Dilfer is that shortly after he left Seattle, he was downright giddy about them. During the run to XL, he was a real Seahawks homer. It wasn't until he played for SF that he turned like a wet dog not allowed in the house on a cold day against the Seahawks.

He always seemed like a great teammate. If you really want to make Dilfer feel like crap, compliment him and tell him we enjoyed his time as a Seahawk. Kill him with kindness :stirthepot:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
To be fair to Dilfer, he does have a point.

At this moment in time we do have some very troublesome issues (O-Line, WR's, spotty TE play) that if not corrected could mean no Super Bowl. We're all just assuming that Harvin will be back any week now and play at a high level. We're also assuming Breno and Okung come back and all our O-Line problems will be solved.

These are big if's, and these if's assume there are no more serious injuries during the next 9 games.

Jase

Reaction score
Did he actually use the word "plateaued?"

To me that means "evened off." Which is much different than "peaked" or even "totally falling off the mountain." I think all it meant was they aren't getting any better lately, not that they won't or can't. And he's right. But what the hell do I know... Just my 2 pesos.

But yeah, he's still a douche.

plyka

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2xftdtpw said:
He said the same things Monday Night.

He's been pretty quiet all year because the Hawks have been so good, but he takes his first opportunity to bash them when they look bad.

He's a coward and he hates the Seahawks.

Fans have a tendency to claim that anyone and everyone who says negative things about their team is a hater. Sometimes they are just wrong in their unbiased opinion. Sometimes they are right and the fan does not see it.

If you're going to call someone a COWARD and a HATER then you need to show some evidence in my opnion.

DavidSeven":2xftdtpw said:
He's a 49ers homer and always has been. He kills Seattle on national TV whenever he has the opportunity. He and Young were going off on Seattle last Monday, and we all remember their impassioned high-horsing during last year's Green Bay game.

Let's be honest here, they had a full right to go after the Hawks after the worse offensive performance I have ever seen by a good or elite team since the 2000 Ravens took the field.

ivotuk":2xftdtpw said:
hawksman53":2xftdtpw said:
Ummm I love our team, Hate trent Dilfer because he is a hater BUT he is pretty spot on with his assessment except for what he said about Kam Chancellor HOPEFULLY

Hopefully? So hopefully Kam won't get exposed? And the team has plateaued? And the offense is dimensionless? Please explain this dimensionlessness to me, and also that plateau thing.

Did you watch them last game? It wasn't even 1 dimension, itwas 0 dimensions. Even over the regular season thus far, our offense has been far from SuperBowl worthy. I blame the coaching staff myself, they have Wilson so scared to turn the ball over that he doesn't take any risks. I think they will unleash him soon, but thus far it was been very lackluster. For all those hating on the WRs core, it's not their fault. Remember Rice when he had Favre without a care in the world flicking the ball all over the field. Zack Miller is a great TE receiver, Wilson is another great receiver at the TE position. I think the coaches need to add that dimension into the offense --start taking some risks. You can't take zero risks, there is balance to all risk vs reward ratios. You take a risk every time you cross the street or walk outside --you could die. But the added reward of living a more fullfilling life by experience the outside world makes the risk a smart one to take. The same risk vs reward calculations must be taken with the Hawk offense. Let him make a few mistakes if the possible upside is the offensive attack we saw later in the year last season.

Polaris

Reaction score
It's one thing to be critical of how the Seahawks played, but Dilfer went way beyond that, and a lot of those comments were out of line and way OTT, and he of all people should know better. Sorry, you don't have to sugar-coat what happened on Monday to call what Dilfer said "hating". It was.

Latest posts