Trade Jamal Adams?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I wish. What a complete disaster of a trade.

Unfortunately I don't think anyone wants that ridiculous contract he bamboozled from the front office, and as explained above the dead cap isn't beneficial to the team

Both John & Pete did what they thought was the best move for the organization when they went all in on Adams, his INJURIES wasn't something that they EXPECTED, Sh*t Happens, and there isn't a man Jack amongst >US< that could have foreseen them.
Some of ya want to pretend that you're smarter than Pete & John----YA AIN'T!

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Wha

What the hell are you talking about? I guess Adams played like shit whenever he is on the field. Nope!!! In fact the opposite and is often making plays behind line of scrimmage, out in space or in coverage. He is the only player we still have who can constantly impact the game or opponents scheme, that is on our defense.

Guarantee if he is healthy...he is starting...which means they adjust the scheme to have 3 safeties at all times or they stick traditional 2 safeties and rotate diggs with love.

I saw a lot of 2-4-5 in person game 1. Which means they plan to have 5 dbs in most situations.
I agree. Given the Vikings game and what Carroll has said, I think Seattle's base defense will have three safeties on the field. It looked to me like there were 3 safeties most of the game and the front 6 switched between 2 DT and 2 ILB (essentially a 2-4) and 3 DT with 1 ILB (a 3-3). It will be interesting to see how well they stop the run with just 6 in the box.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Both John & Pete did what they thought was the best move for the organization when they went all in on Adams, his INJURIES wasn't something that they EXPECTED, Sh*t Happens, and there isn't a man Jack amongst >US< that could have foreseen them.
Trading 2 1st round picks was dumb then and looks even worse now.

We laugh at Denver for the Wilson trade. This trade is much worse.

PC/JS have done a lot of good here, but the Harvin, Graham and Adams trades were all poor decisions that set this franchise back.

Bringing in Jamal Adams was not the best move for the team at the time even when the trade went down. Two 1st rounders for a safety? No. That's completely irrational and would've cost most other GMs their jobs.

What's happened after the fact is simply bad luck and misfortune, compounding the trade as well as giving him a ridiculous contract.

Hey, I'm hoping he pulls through this year and makes a difference out there. It's not too late. But so far this is arguably one of the worst trades in NFL history and no amount of sugar coating will change that.

bileever

Reaction score
PC/JS have done a lot of good here, but the Harvin, Graham and Adams trades were all poor decisions that set this franchise back.
Agree. I would add the Sheldon Richardson trade to the list. We only gave up a second rounder and Jermaine Kearse, but Richardson was only a one-year rental. I hope JS has learned that there is no magic bullet, no one missing piece of the puzzle that is worth spending all that capital.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Nailing the draft is the way to success. JS needs that pasted to his door.

He’s had two good trades: Lynch and Wilson. And a flurry of bad to awful trades. Like a gambler that thinks he’ll hit on the next bet.

Scout like crazy. Draft BPAs early and value needs late.

evergreen

Reaction score
You have to remember the situation. We were in win NOW mode. The drafts were going to be weird with Covid. Who knew what kind of picks we lost. If Wislon hadn't shit his bead against the Rams in the playoffs who knows. We were a #2 seed! But of course it went to hell with his injuries and stone hands.

sc85sis

Reaction score

He’s had two good trades: Lynch and Wilson. And a flurry of bad to awful trades. Like a gambler that thinks he’ll hit on the next bet.

You forgot Chris Clemons.

bileever

Reaction score
I think the Frank Clark trade was okay, except for what we did with the first-round pick we got for him. (LJ Collier)

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I'm against any trading of safeties or corners unless I see a signed statement from the GM & coach that we won't lose any more SBs because we don't have enough effective safeties or CBs. It is enough of a pain point that keeping extra bench depth for our secondary is not a 'luxury'
I would keep 23 on the roster if I could and the roster rules allowed it.

AgentDib

Reaction score

I mostly agree with your point, but we have had a bunch of good trades when we aren't swinging for the fences.

- Deion Branch for a 4th round pick
- Darryl Tapp for Chris Clemons and a 4th
- 5th for Leon Washington
- 7th for Tyler Polumbus
- 4th and 5th for Marshawn Lynch
- Kelly Jennings for Clinton McDonald
- Matt Flynn for 4th
- 6th for Marcus Burley
- 2nd and 3rd for Duane Brown
- Cassius Marsh for 5th and 7th
- 7th for Justin Coleman
- 5th for Quandre Diggs and a 7th
- 7th for Jacob Hollister
- Frank Clark and 3rd for 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- BJ Finney and 7th for Carlos Dunlap
- Akhello Witherspoon for 5th
- Russ trade

That's seventeen trades that I would consider good to great. It just hasn't worked out well when we've traded away major draft capital for other players.

Fade

Reaction score

JS comes from GB! What am I reading?

A poster earlier in the thread made a comment that most GM's get fired for these bad trades. Well… it wasn't JS who wanted to make these trades. If he had, trust me he would've been fired years ago by Pete.

No it was the man himself, the lovable, always gets a pass, wait 'til next year, Pete. People need to stop blaming JS for Pete's actions.

Pete had a boner for Percy since back at USC when he tried to recruit him.

Not sure who wanted Jimmy Graham more, so no comment on that one.

Pete's been flushing draft capital with top picks and trades like Jamal Adams in a failed attempt after failed attempt trying to rebuild his defense for years.

When coaches have personnel power, such as what Pete has, they tend to meddle with the high draft picks because they are familiar with those players, as they get later in the draft, they know less and defer back to the personnel people. In trades they focus on the stars because again, familiarity. They know them. They also like to bring in players from their previous stops because you guessed it, familiarity.

I fully acknowledge when Pete first got back into the league, his meddling was a god send. He knew all of the players coming out of college, and was the driving force behind their drafts being so good in '10, '11, '12. After that though, Pete became a detriment in personnel if you're weren't talking DB.

It reminds me of when people used to say JS couldn't draft OL. And I had to point out every time it wasn't JS picking them, but Tom Cable. Once Cable was stripped of his personnel power--just like that JS could draft OL again, imagine that! These last 2 drafts smells like a GM who finally was allowed to do his job in the earlier rounds for a change.

If JS had it his way he would hold on to all of the picks from the first 3 rounds, and only look to deal late round picks for stopgap vets to plug holes when necessary. The crazy trades don't wreak of a GM from Green Bay, but a HC with too much power, making rash decisions.

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

A lot of us were when it came to that trade. Pete thought Adams was going to be a bandaid fix for the poor pass rush and he wasnt. Yeah, yeah, yeah he had a bunch of sacks one season. A season in which teams were still putting up damn near historical passing numbers because there was still an extreme lack of QB pressure until Dunlap was signed mid season. Adams tackles well and hits hard,,,,no denying that, but he still is average at best in coverage and has the worst hands of any DB i've ever seen.

The trade was a disaster from the get go. Nobody spends that kind of resources and cash for a safety. Pete and John should have known better.

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
"Venting" their Know-it-all crap, AFTER THE FACTS have played out? = IDIOCY

A ton of people vented before it all played out because it was an idiotic trade. Pass rush was what the defense needed most and instead of spending on the right tools to fix it, they went all in on a luxury pick safety. That = IDIOCY

BASF

Reaction score
It reminds me of when people used to say JS couldn't draft OL. And I had to point out every time it wasn't JS picking them, but Tom Cable. Once Cable was stripped of his personnel power--just like that JS could draft OL again, imagine that! These last 2 drafts smells like a GM who finally was allowed to do his job in the earlier rounds for a change.
You should know that the same applies to Ken Norton Jr. once he lost his drafting power, both when he went to the Raiders and when we fired him, our drafts were vastly better.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
He’s too good to trade away when if healthy, he brings a helluva lot to the table. I like Adams in the box wreaking havoc

CouchLogic

Reaction score
I'd trade him for whatever I could get for him. I'm done with the injury prone dudes (even if it's just bad luck). He's a good player, but his production thus far has been no different than the Clowney, Graham, Harvin, etc. "marquee" players. I need more consistency and less "one or two great games" a season.

Besides, Spoon can play closer to the line, can cover and has good hands. Adams is kind of redundant now.

Besides, how long can the team bank on potential and what ifs? How many times is Seattle going to walk down this road just to draw the same conclusion everytime...

Find a sucker and get back what you can. It's been good, but it hasn't been that good. If he balls out, great, but at this point everyone's just waiting for the next unfortunate injury that is more than likely to bench him (again).