Trade for Tyler Huntley

springscohawk

Reaction score
I would be okay with seahawks trading Russell Wilson to Giants for two 1st round picks and more and trading for Ravens Tyler Huntley.

Watching the Packers against Ravens, Huntley was impressive. Does everything better than Wilson at this point, except deep pass.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
springscohawk":2od1onbh said:
I would be okay with seahawks trading Russell Wilson to Giants for two 1st round picks and more and trading for Ravens Tyler Huntley.

Watching the Packers against Ravens, Huntley was impressive. Does everything better than Wilson at this point, except deep pass.

Cool story.

keasley45

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2f6qqotr said:
springscohawk":2f6qqotr said:

Cool story.

Nice.

To the OP, we could do a lot worse than Huntley for sure. My family are hard-core Raven's fans and many think he's better at running the offense than Lamar Jackson.

If Seattle's strategy in trading Russ is to grab picks and a player (and that player isn't a current starting QB - and that list isn't impressive, save for maybe Carr and obviously Watson), then it makes sense to get a big name on the o-line or d-line, and grab somebody like Huntley. He'd come cheap, has the skillset that might ride here, and if it doesn't fly, no biggie, you reload in the draft and grab a top 3 qb pick the following year.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
keasley45":3qqroe4p said:
Hockey Guy":3qqroe4p said:
springscohawk":3qqroe4p said:

Cool story.

Nice.

To the OP, we could do a lot worse than Huntley for sure. My family are hard-core Raven's fans and many think he's better at running the offense than Lamar Jackson.

If Seattle's strategy in trading Russ is to grab picks and a player (and that player isn't a current starting QB - and that list isn't impressive, save for maybe Carr and obviously Watson), then it makes sense to get a big name on the o-line or d-line, and grab somebody like Huntley. He'd come cheap, has the skillset that might ride here, and if it doesn't fly, no biggie, you reload in the draft and grab a top 3 qb pick the following year.

I have no opinion on Huntley at all, & I watched the game too, but we had this exact thread after Geno relieved RW in the Rams game. Making definitive statements on, basically, small to no sample size is pretty funny to me.

Rat

Reaction score
He looks good. Kind of a small sample size, but Huntley should be feeling excellent about his chances of being "the guy" on a different franchise someday. Could make sense as a gamble for us, given that we don't have a first-round pick to use next draft.

As for the trading Russ part: I don't see how the Giants make much sense. That'd be my preference because their picks are likely to be better, but that team is in such need of tearing it down and starting over. You usually don't start that acquiring a 33-year-old QB who may not have many (if any) prime years left. Saints, Broncos, Steelers all make a lot more sense. I'd say Carolina too if they didn't already have a high pick going to the Jets (something we have in common) for Sam Darnold.

keasley45

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":22uu4tld said:
keasley45":22uu4tld said:
Hockey Guy":22uu4tld said:
springscohawk":22uu4tld said:

Cool story.

Nice.

I have no opinion on Huntley at all, & I watched the game too, but we had this exact thread after Geno relieved RW in the Rams game. Making definitive statements on, basically, small to no sample size is pretty funny to me.

I dont think anything I said was 'definitive'.. Didn't say he was our savior, or that he would even work here. In fact, stated that if he didn't, it was little risk...

keasley45

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":1nxwzhpm said:
keasley45":1nxwzhpm said:
Hockey Guy":1nxwzhpm said:
springscohawk":1nxwzhpm said:

Cool story.

Nice.

And. If you're a Ravens fan, you've seen quite a bit more of Huntley, than a game.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
keasley45":eq2sp3i5 said:
Hockey Guy":eq2sp3i5 said:
keasley45":eq2sp3i5 said:
Hockey Guy":eq2sp3i5 said:
Cool story.

Nice.

I dont think anything I said was 'definitive'.. Didn't say he was our savior, or that he would even work here. In fact, stated that if he didn't, it was little risk...

The OP made definitive statements, not you.

toffee

Reaction score
keasley45":17kwp987 said:
Hockey Guy":17kwp987 said:
springscohawk":17kwp987 said:

Cool story.

Nice.

Welcome to the post Wilson era, where picks are plentiful, and cap's friendly. I have been there since the end of 2020 season, glad to see more visitors to post Wilson era.

xray

Reaction score
The Ravens will not let Huntley go . Backups like that are hard to come by . He stays with the Ravens . IMO

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
One less game to evaluate him in, I suppose. He tested positive for covid so he'll be out.

toffee

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":f7o7tzip said:
One less game to evaluate him in, I suppose. He tested positive for covid so he'll be out.

Keeps his trade value lower, if he has any trade value to start with at all.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
xray":1bl4jhkg said:
The Ravens will not let Huntley go . Backups like that are hard to come by . He stays with the Ravens . IMO

Everyone has their price. I could see good old Schneider give up a pair of 2nd round picks and a starting player for Huntley. Maybe throw in a pile of cash, too. Schneider always wants the other team to get good value. <sarcasm>

Elemas

Reaction score
Don’t want to lose Russ…I’d be happier if we dumped PC and JS. But, I’d also be happy with what you’ve e suggested. Maybe throw in a 2nd or 3rd rounder in there too.

Huntley looks like he has potential. Need more work to call that definitive.

xray

Reaction score
GemCity":tmhom6dn said:
Don’t want to lose Russ…I’d be happier if we dumped PC and JS. But, I’d also be happy with what you’ve e suggested. Maybe throw in a 2nd or 3rd rounder in there too.

Huntley looks like he has potential. Need more work to call that definitive.

"Don't want to lose Russ " ? Have you ever considered that he wants to lose you ? Chew on that . :D

Mizak

Reaction score
He looks pretty impressive against the Rams so far. But who/what do you trade for Huntley?

justafan

Reaction score
Im not sold on Wilson and Carrol cant play together but if he is gone we will have a few whiffs before we land the right QB.
I have only seen him a couple of games in the pros and a few in college. After reading more about him I would take a swing at him. Besides this site needs new chewtoys.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Mizak":1box7keo said:
He looks pretty impressive against the Rams so far. But who/what do you trade for Huntley?

20/32 197 1 interception. Still want him?