Tornado reported in Anguish's neighborhood

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I'm on the other side of town, up near Daybreak. I used to live about 2 houses down from the little mini mart / store that got their roof ripped off though. The fence behind our old house got knocked down.

The best part of this is that based on that video and where the tornado hit, I can finally start stalking Anguish...

m0ng0

Reaction score
Went right over my old house, glad I moved to the Shoug :D Talked with neighbors and all is well, my old beer stop the IQ market was deemed unsafe, that will be tough for the owners they are good people.

Chapow

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2r34ofaf said:
It was an EF1? Shit, we call that a light breeze here. Sucks of you aren't used to it though.

Tornadoes are awfully rare in Washington.

Like Curry said earlier, if you look at the bright side, that's a helluva lot of free fire wood. So you got that going for you, which is nice.

253hawk

Reaction score
It's too bad that Colin Kaepernick couldn't find the time to tweet out a warning.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Chapow":3nvzo8vo said:
OkieHawk":3nvzo8vo said:
It was an EF1? Shit, we call that a light breeze here. Sucks of you aren't used to it though.

Like Curry said earlier, if you look at the bright side, that's a helluva lot of free fire wood. So you got that going for you, which is nice.

Oh, I realize how rare they are there, and I had never been in one until I moved here. It sucked until I got used to them and realized what I had to do in those situations. It's good that nobody got hurt.

Cartire

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3jqxqa3l said:
Chapow":3jqxqa3l said:
OkieHawk":3jqxqa3l said:

Oh, I realize how rare they are there, and I had never been in one until I moved here. It sucked until I got used to them and realized what I had to do in those situations. It's good that nobody got hurt.

I dont know this as fact, but I would assume the tree density in WA is a lot more then OK and would probably present a worse situation, especially for most of those in WA with no permanent shelter like a lot of you guys have.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":1csdueo1 said:
OkieHawk":1csdueo1 said:
Chapow":1csdueo1 said:
OkieHawk":1csdueo1 said:

I dont know this as fact, but I would assume the tree density in WA is a lot more then OK and would probably present a worse situation, especially for most of those in WA with no permanent shelter like a lot of you guys have.

Actually,until recently the home shelters were not that prevalent. Besides, debris is debris with an EF3 or higher.

Cartire

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3838gwi3 said:
Actually,until recently the home shelters were not that prevalent. Besides, debris is debris with an EF3 or higher.

Oh, im not saying your not in a worse situation overall. OK will have far more damage overall with its numerous and stronger tornado's.

I was just commenting that I think the potential for catastrophic damage is higher in WA if the conditions were the same due to its topography and response abilities. Part of the reason obviously, is that the conditions here dont generate tornadoes often or ones that have extremely high intensity, and thus why the terrain is able to be the way it is. If we had tornadoes like you guys did, there would be a lot less trees around houses here. People wouldnt live in dense forest.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":295x8llj said:
OkieHawk":295x8llj said:

Oh, im not saying your not in a worse situation overall. OK will have far more damage overall with its numerous and stronger tornado's.

I was just commenting that I think the potential for catastrophic damage is higher in WA if the conditions were the same due to its topography and response abilities. Part of the reason obviously, is that the conditions here dont generate tornadoes often or ones that have extremely high intensity, and thus why the terrain is able to be the way it is. If we had tornadoes like you guys did, there would be a lot less trees around houses here. People wouldnt live in dense forest.

And I wasn't trying to minimize what happened, and apologize if that was what it seemed like. Tornadoes suck, period.