This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The San Francisco 49ers

MrThortan

Reaction score
Meh. I read enough 49r posts on Seahawks.net. No need to go elsewhere

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, spending all your time on a HAWKS site. Not much else needs be said other than that's pretty embarrassing if you're a 39er fan.

Stanley

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":xk8dmuzl said:
The fan base at the 'Zone is tedious. Spare yourself the effort of going on there. Bunch of blowhards; very little substance or X's and O's, just name-calling and memes.

This post made me spit out my coffee. "Very little substance or X's and O's"????? With the expertise and commitment of a couple of their posters, I would easily argue 49erswebzone has some of the BEST post game analysis threads. Concepts, trends, GIF animations, coach's cam footage - The Webzone makes other fan message boards look like the 1990s.

You obviously haven't done much there other than take a quick peak.

chris98251

Reaction score
Stanley":22jm1q8m said:
PlinytheCenter":22jm1q8m said:
The fan base at the 'Zone is tedious. Spare yourself the effort of going on there. Bunch of blowhards; very little substance or X's and O's, just name-calling and memes.

This post made me spit out my coffee. "Very little substance or X's and O's"????? With the expertise and commitment of a couple of their posters, I would easily argue 49erswebzone has some of the BEST post game analysis threads. Concepts, trends, GIF animations, coach's cam footage - The Webzone makes other fan message boards look like the 1990s.

Oh and another Floater shows up.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Stanley":25324qpz said:
PlinytheCenter":25324qpz said:

USDC2Xs.gif

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":391m59qy said:
Stanley":391m59qy said:
PlinytheCenter":391m59qy said:

Yep, the cockroaches are starting to get brave. The 0-1’ers are new to winning, and it shows.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":1vfv9kgy said:
Stanley":1vfv9kgy said:
PlinytheCenter":1vfv9kgy said:

Yep, the cockroaches are starting to get brave. The 0-1’ers are new to winning, and it shows.

Washington49er

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2cjm1ad5 said:
Niners squeak by a crap Zona team. What are the excuses? I mean, they are already the Super Bowl rep in Feb right? :roll:

Hawks beat the 0-8 Bengals by 1 at the Clink and you want to talk "sqeak by"? That's rich.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm not talking about anything other than the fact that the Niner worship and fear is strong, and it just seems to get glossed over that they almost lost to a crap Arizona team.
SEAHAWKS dot net.

NINEster

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2gh7v83r said:
I'm not talking about anything other than the fact that the Niner worship and fear is strong, and it just seems to get glossed over that they almost lost to a crap Arizona team.
SEAHAWKS dot net.

We'll see how they play the Niners next. If they play the Niners remotely tough at Levi's, then they'll definitely give the Seahawks all they can handle just like every other team has this year.

I actually penciled in the 49ers possibly losing to the Cardinals on Thursday Night given the big win streak and then having the Seahawks the game after. To be sandwiched between the Panthers and Seahawks, on a short week, on the road, with an undefeated streak on the line...….wasn't going to be easy.

Most fans look at games in a vacuum. They can't conceptualize a matchup in a season and the many factors that go into it.

Having an 0-8 (0-9?) Bengals team nearly start the season off 1-0 in the Link is scary. It's your season opener at home FFS......no comparison to a division rival on a short week at their house.

None.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
NINEster":17wfs17v said:
SoulfishHawk":17wfs17v said:
SEAHAWKS dot net.

We'll see how they play the Niners next. If they play the Niners remotely tough at Levi's, then they'll definitely give the Seahawks all they can handle just like every other team has this year.

I actually penciled in the 49ers possibly losing to the Cardinals on Thursday Night given the big win streak and then having the Seahawks the game after. To be sandwiched between the Panthers and Seahawks, on a short week, on the road, with an undefeated streak on the line...….wasn't going to be easy.

Most fans look at games in a vacuum. They can't conceptualize a matchup in a season and the many factors that go into it.

Having an 0-8 (0-9?) Bengals team nearly start the season off 1-0 in the Link is scary. It's your season opener at home FFS......no comparison to a division rival on a short week at their house.

None.

I guess youi sir don't remember the PIT two-pointer game against SF. As many turnovers as you have rings but still won. U guys talk about how we're always "lucky" but it goes both ways.

NINEster

Reaction score
chris98251":1885dcih said:
KitsapGuy":1885dcih said:

Kneel to Zod !!!

So it's like saying Steve Young had a 15-0 record against the Rams during the '90s, and that actually meant something about Steve Young.

And then Kurt Warner took over the Rams in '99 and won 6 straight against the Niners, and that meant that Kurt Warner had their #.

When Wilson has played the Niners in a season when SF finished with a winning record, he's basically 0.500 against them (win at home, lose on the road). It's been a minute since the 49ers had that (2013)….so it predates Levi's Stadium. So there's nothing I see about Wilson beating the 49ers that means anything about him, but more his team.

BTW, Alex Smith is 7-4 all time against the Seahawks, 5-1 against Pete Carroll. Considering the Seahawks were more relevant than the Niners from 2005-2010, that's saying quite a bit. And despite the 49ers being good in 2010s, the Seahawks were obviously strong too.

It's unfortunate he broke his leg last year, was really hoping to see 8-4/6-1 this year.

NINEster

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":yx9q3zhw said:
NINEster":yx9q3zhw said:
SoulfishHawk":yx9q3zhw said:
SEAHAWKS dot net.

None.

I guess youi sir don't remember the PIT two-pointer game against SF. As many turnovers as you have rings but still won. U guys talk about how we're always "lucky" but it goes both ways.

The 49ers won because most of those were unforced turnovers, and they still smothered the Steelers defensively.

You guys never turn it over and all of your games are nail biters.

You're looking at it the wrong way.

But in case I'm looking at it the wrong way, there's this:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 180sea.htm

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I work with a lot of 49er fans here in my little area of the North west and they tell me about the 5 super bowls wins..turns out, all they can really say is they have 5 SB wins and some guy named Montana. They really can't talk about it, most weren't fans back then, weren't alive and generally just didn't live through the experience.

Yeah, we have only 1 SB win, but you know, that 1 right now is way more meaningfull than all of the 49ers SB's put together cause we lived through it, we felt it we smelted it we did it, we don't have to be hearsay fans. and that is what drives the 9er fans crazy, they can't say that, they can only pull out worn out memes.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well I know most of my associates and yes they are as old as me give or take ten years can actually tell you who made the Catch and who it was against, something few 49ers fans I know can do.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1y2bprje said:
I work with a lot of 49er fans here in my little area of the North west and they tell me about the 5 super bowls wins..turns out, all they can really say is they have 5 SB wins and some guy named Montana. They really can't talk about it, most weren't fans back then, weren't alive and generally just didn't live through the experience.

Yeah, we have only 1 SB win, but you know, that 1 right now is way more meaningfull than all of the 49ers SB's put together cause we lived through it, we felt it we smelted it we did it, we don't have to be hearsay fans. and that is what drives the 9er fans crazy, they can't say that, they can only pull out worn out memes.

Oh look another "you weren't alive" post, this is horseshit. I know at least 10 fans locally, of the ten the youngest is mid 40s.

Yes just like Hawk fans there are new and old. The age of the fans has nothing to do with the relevance of SB wins. You can bet your a$$ if the Hawks had 5 from the same years as the 9ers you'd be singing a different tune.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Washington49er":2p592787 said:
Bobblehead":2p592787 said:

Oh look another "you weren't alive" post, this is $h!t. I know at least 10 fans locally, of the ten the youngest is mid 40s.

Yes just like Hawk fans there are new and old. The age of the fans has nothing to do with the relevance of SB wins. You can bet your a$$ if the Hawks had 5 from the same years as the 9ers you'd be singing a different tune.

Kind of my point, Having nothing of late, lets just keep bringing up our past glory as unsatisfying as it is.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well when we played the Stealers I didn't ever read anything about 6 Rings from them and we have an Axe to grind about one of them. Just saying.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
49ers are an old franchise that were very good a looooong time ago. We have been relevant every year but 1 since 2012. Dont get me wrong, 49ers look good right now, and will probably win the division. I just think it's funny over at webzone because I HAVE read many pages of just absolute chest pounding drivel with zero substance. No talk of matchups, strengths and weaknesses. It's all "willow" this and cawksucker that. Just a bunch of straight brim hat wearing dudes I'm guessing with some fake gold thrown in here and there. It's your forum, and you know I'm right.

Washington49er

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3arflnrt said:
49ers are an old franchise that were very good a looooong time ago. We have been relevant every year but 1 since 2012. Dont get me wrong, 49ers look good right now, and will probably win the division. I just think it's funny over at webzone because I HAVE read many pages of just absolute chest pounding drivel with zero substance. No talk of matchups, strengths and weaknesses. It's all "willow" this and cawksucker that. Just a bunch of straight brim hat wearing dudes I'm guessing with some fake gold thrown in here and there. It's your forum, and you know I'm right.

B.S.! What did you read, like one post?

Latest posts