This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Dallas Cowboys

Cartire

Reaction score
Im actually surprised reading their board. With the occasional optimism thrown in (which is expected), they are being pretty level headed and realizing they will need a flawless game to have a chance.

I expected them to be a lot more homer with their current 4 game win streak. However, I think its gotten to the point where they expect disappointment eventually and have learned to curve their enthusiasm a tad over the years. However, with the off chance they do pull out a victory, the media world will be nothing by Cowboy fever for weeks to come. It will be impossible to watch any sports network channel. We have to win just to save the country the torment it would have to endure.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Cartire":228csdvu said:
Im actually surprised reading their board. With the occasional optimism thrown in (which is expected), they are being pretty level headed and realizing they will need a flawless game to have a chance.

I expected them to be a lot more homer with their current 4 game win streak. However, I think its gotten to the point where they expect disappointment eventually and have learned to curve their enthusiasm a tad over the years. However, with the off chance they do pull out a victory, the media world will be nothing by Cowboy fever for weeks to come. It will be impossible to watch any sports network channel. We have to win just to save the country the torment it would have to endure.

Yeah, we just kind of expect something bad to happen. Someone will get hurt. Will the Tampa 600 rear its ugly head again? What if Murray goes down? I don't expect a win this Sunday.

That being said, if we do win, I'm buying Super Bowl tickets then and there.

Anyway, it should be a good game. The Seattle Seahawks and the Legion of Boom vs the Dallas Cowboys and the Offensive Line of Boom. Totally not a rip-off.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
NINEster":2m800sm8 said:
Romo is a baller, always underestimated and s*** on by opposing fans because the Cowboys are the team to hate,

You think opposing fans are hard on him...? Have you heard what other Cowboy fans say about him?

Sac

Reaction score
badronald":1cw9m38g said:
So in conclusion - if Cowboys are going to lose to the Seahawks, then please also destroy the Eagles and Giants.

I like this guy.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3cyighh2 said:
NINEster":3cyighh2 said:
Romo is a baller, always underestimated and s*** on by opposing fans because the Cowboys are the team to hate,

You think opposing fans are hard on him...? Have you heard what other Cowboy fans say about him?
It is cliche to hate on the Cowboys and Romo in particular. Almost everybody is shocked at the lack of career interceptions Romo has when they are forced to actually look that number up.

Romo's a very good QB and in the top eight in the league, IMO. Though if his back doesn't truly heal up, he may not be anymore. He has never even had a year where his passer rating was below 90.5 for the season, and he has had a crap defense on his team for most of it. Also keep in mind that the NFC East was actually a pretty powerful division for a lot of his career, too; he didn't have the benefit of having a bunch of neanderthal divisional foes to beat up on like Peyton and Brady have almost their entire careers.

Really, I'm annoyed by the lack of respect Romo gets from most quarters and I don't even like the frickin' Cowboys.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I feel Romo gets scapegoated a lot as well. Last year, people got all over him for the late pick against the Donkos. I'm thinking, he had 500 yards throwing and 5 TDs. Not his fault the Donkos had 51 points.

Not to mention, in 2012, every Cowboy except for him quit in the Seahawks game. That deserved respect.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3cljahjj said:
Grahamhawker":3cljahjj said:
NINEster":3cljahjj said:

It is cliche to hate on the Cowboys and Romo in particular. Almost everybody is shocked at the lack of career interceptions Romo has when they are forced to actually look that number up.

Romo's a very good QB and in the top eight in the league, IMO. Though if his back doesn't truly heal up, he may not be anymore. He has never even had a year where his passer rating was below 90.5 for the season, and he has had a crap defense on his team for most of it. Also keep in mind that the NFC East was actually a pretty powerful division for a lot of his career, too; he didn't have the benefit of having a bunch of neanderthal divisional foes to beat up on like Peyton and Brady have almost their entire careers.

Really, I'm annoyed by the lack of respect Romo gets from most quarters and I don't even like the frickin' Cowboys.

I also do not think Romo has gotten the respect he deserves.

But seriously, over on the Cowboy boards there was all kinds of dissin' going on. Cowboys' woes the past several years are due to many factors- Tony Romo's play has not been one of them.

badronald

Reaction score
Oh man - that 2012 game .... Cowboys had just beat the Superbowl champion Giants in their house and were coming to play a rookie QB in Wilson. Confidence was high - then they got punked. I think a lot of us remember how un-rookie like he played and have a lot of respect for his game.

From my Cowboys board of choice was this thread - http://www.cowboysown.com/forums/sh...-You-Can-t-Make-A-Difference-This-Is-The-Week When a board member asked a team insider if they could use some compiled "bulletin board material" from the 2012 game the response received was ".... Coach Garrett does not use that kind of stuff." Its taken a few years, but at least Garrett's 2014 team will fight for 4 quarters. Can't ask more than that.

STAR WARS

Reaction score
badronald":1zx1p81m said:
Oh man - that 2012 game .... Cowboys had just beat the Superbowl champion Giants in their house and were coming to play a rookie QB in Wilson. Confidence was high - then they got punked. I think a lot of us remember how un-rookie like he played and have a lot of respect for his game.

From my Cowboys board of choice was this thread - http://www.cowboysown.com/forums/sh...-You-Can-t-Make-A-Difference-This-Is-The-Week When a board member asked a team insider if they could use some compiled "bulletin board material" from the 2012 game the response received was ".... Coach Garrett does not use that kind of stuff." Its taken a few years, but at least Garrett's 2014 team will fight for 4 quarters. Can't ask more than that.

Yeah....this is by far not the 2012 Cowboys. Don't worry one bit about Coach Garrett allowing any "over confidence" against any team for any reason.

Garrett inherited many poor coaches and players when he took over. Felix Jones and Special Teams Coach Joe DecaMillis were two of the bigger "liabilities" and they sure as hell cost us the momentum in that 2012 Seahawks game.

Jones is now out of the league........and at least Joe D is now the Bears problem.

STAR WARS

Reaction score
Cartire":97et8xo3 said:

Those are the doldrums of having the largest fan base in football. The media gets paid with clicks on stories. Write an article about the Cowboys....... and it will make money. There is an entire sub industry that does nothing but make up garbage stories about the Cowboys....let alone blow any legitimate news about them clear out of proportion.

It's unfortunate....because other teams fans think that us long time fans believe the same shit these writers put out. And what's worse....is the Cowboys fans that DO take the bait and shape their opinion of Romo or the Coaches based on stories that are literally created out of the clear blue air.

Of course....Jerry Jones does not help. He runs his stupid mouth to every camera and microphone he see's.....and that's all a writer needs to take all sorts of garbage out of context........ and 9 out of 10 stories about the Cowboys are completely out of context.

But whatever. Your Hawks are now getting that same treatment as Champs............its all about the clicks baby.

If the Cowboys win this weekend, it will mean they can play some good football despite a very compromised Defense.........and it will bode well for the second half of the season when we do start getting some defensive contributors back. It won't mean we are going anywhere Playoffs wise....unless we get it done against our division. This Seahawks game does not win the NFCE.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2n61sc35 said:
Grahamhawker":2n61sc35 said:
NINEster":2n61sc35 said:

You've fallen for the fantasy football stats trap my friend. He is an epic choker at crunch time ask any level headed Cowboys fan. Would I want him on my fantasy team if I did fantasy, yes, would I want him as Seattle's QB? HELL TO THE NO!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1vnu8nca said:
You've fallen for the fantasy football stats trap my friend. He is an epic choker at crunch time ask any level headed Cowboys fan. Would I want him on my fantasy team if I did fantasy, yes, would I want him as Seattle's QB? HELL TO THE NO!
Nope. You've fallen victim to Romo memes and hyperbole by uneducated football fans, and I can prove it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/ ... th-quarter

Now check this. What do you think Romo's passer rating is in the 4th quarter for each year of his career? I'll list 'em, from NFL.com's situational stats page:

2013: 105.6
2012: 101.2
2011: 104.4
2010: 83.5
2009: 101.8
2008: 114.7
2007: 93.5
2006: 95.0 (First year as a starter.)

Yeah, the dude's a real choker, alright. Those 4th quarters are just brutal. Trent Dilfer's a better QB to not throw the game away at the end!

Here's what happened: Tony Romo has had a couple of big mistakes at the worst possible moments in his career, and since the Cowboys are a very easy target for most people to hate due to their success in the 90s and being considered "America's team", the memes have been abundant about him. You know what's funny? If Babs hadn't made a great play in the playoffs, getting him from behind on that botched field goal attempt in the playoffs in Seattle so many years ago, he'd have gotten that first down or the TD and his whole image would probably be different right now.

Don't accuse me of letting fantasy football skew my perceptions unless you can strongly demonstrate it.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2iwzlyss said:
RolandDeschain":2iwzlyss said:
Grahamhawker":2iwzlyss said:
NINEster":2iwzlyss said:

You should try fantasy. It would stop you from making sweeping generalizations and relying on other teams' fans for your conclusions.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3lqbqr8h said:
Sports Hernia":3lqbqr8h said:
Nope. You've fallen victim to Romo memes and hyperbole by uneducated football fans, and I can prove it.

Now check this. What do you think Romo's passer rating is in the 4th quarter for each year of his career? I'll list 'em, from NFL.com's situational stats page:

Yeah, the dude's a real choker, alright. Those 4th quarters are just brutal. Trent Dilfer's a better QB to not throw the game away at the end!

Here's what happened: Tony Romo has had a couple of big mistakes at the worst possible moments in his career, and since the Cowboys are a very easy target for most people to hate due to their success in the 90s and being considered "America's team", the memes have been abundant about him. You know what's funny? If Babs hadn't made a great play in the playoffs, getting him from behind on that botched field goal attempt in the playoffs in Seattle so many years ago, he'd have gotten that first down or the TD and his whole image would probably be different right now.

Don't accuse me of letting fantasy football skew my perceptions unless you can strongly demonstrate it.

Patrick Iloveyou

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1bvnv4ex said:
Sports Hernia":1bvnv4ex said:

Rut row, I pissed off the Romo fantasy owners, oh my! :stirthepot: 8)
If you'd want him to be your favorite NFL team's QB just say it. I wouldn't but YMMV. :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":duegi4lb said:
Sports Hernia":duegi4lb said:
RolandDeschain":duegi4lb said:
Grahamhawker":duegi4lb said:

You should try fantasy. It would stop you from making sweeping generalizations and relying on other teams' fans for your conclusions.
See my response to iRo's tirade. 8)
Did you draft Romo too?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2m9e4cfx said:
DoctorChicken":2m9e4cfx said:
Don't count me as an ally too fast, I'm no fan of the Cowboys. ;) I just can't stand factually wrong and/or biased information.
Let me know who else is on your fantasy team so I don't say things you don't like. I know how defensive some fantasy owners are of the players they draft. :p 8)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Uh, no, I don't want Romo at the helm of the Seahawks instead of Russell. You're just trolling me now. We'd probably have won the 2013 (2012 season) Super Bowl if he had been then, though.

FYI, this is the first year I've drafted Romo in fantasy in any of my leagues, but I've defended him for years. I love how you're completely deflecting the facts just to troll me, too. I'm sure that'll work on some people, but it's not on me. You are wrong regarding what you said about Romo, admit it and move on. It won't kill you to do so.