This off season is gonna suck...big time...

Jerhawk

Reaction score
ok if you ran the seahawks what's the first thing you would do? myself I fire clint hurtts without a doubt in my mind he needs to go no question
Yes here is what Jerhawk would do in the alternate reality I get to lead our favorite team, representing .Net with pride:

#1. Fire Clint Hurtt. Buy him a bus ticket to Portland.
2. Cut Adams and Diggs.
3. Utilize free agency to sign a good offensive guard and center
4. Draft a stud linebacker and safety. Perhaps trade down into the 20 range if Penix isn't available. If Penix is available, take him at #16, then cut Geno.
5. Switch the D scheme back to 4-3. I believe Mafe, Nwosu and Hall would do better at D end.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Yes here is what Jerhawk would do in the alternate reality I get to lead our favorite team, representing .Net with pride:

2. Cut Adams and Diggs.
4. Draft a stud linebacker and safety. Perhaps trade down into the 20 range if Penix isn't available. If Penix is available, take him at #16, then cut Geno.
5. Switch the D scheme back to 4-3. I believe Mafe, Nwosu and Hall would do better at D end.
I agree with this. However, I’d fire Waldron and Dickerson too. Waldron has had 3 years to improve the offense and they’ve gotten worse each season. They disappear for much of the game usually in 2nd and 3rd quarters once the opponents have a time to adjust.

Dickerson....the OL is terrible. Can’t run or pass block. Before he got here the line was at least able to run block.

12forlife

Reaction score

2. Cut Adams and Diggs.
I agree, also resign Williams, and Parkinson restructure Dissly's contract. Try and sign Dugger Saftey, and upgrade LB. I was thinking with it being a loaded OT draft, maybe we draft one, and slide Lucas into Gaurd? I agree take Penix if he is there @ #16. If not go OT/OG/DT/S/CB/WR, Then take a shot on QB Pratt or Jordan Travis @ the end of 3rd or 4th rd?

flv2

Reaction score
Smith's contract guarantees in February 16. The Seahawks have to make a decision about Smith before the Draft and before they can get a veteran replacement. It may even be before the coaching staff is finalised.

Potentially Smith could be traded, but if no team is willing to take on the full contract the Seahawks might have to give up a pick to move him on. Worst case scenario it's $22.5M and you keep him. Cutting him after the Draft wouldn't be a real option.

beastalamode

Reaction score
It unfortunately looks like its our destiny to be stuck with pete another 2 to 3 years, and probably stuck with geno too unfortunately. Maybe we will get lucky and they will pick up a qb in the first couple rounds of the draft and he actually pans out.

Wolfiegrrl

Reaction score
I see things being status quo with this organization. No change with the coaching staff. 9-8 is a winning season and Pete has now only had 4 of 14 seasons where the Seahawks didn't go to the playoffs. Pete's contract is through 2025. Why change when there is 2 years left for this prolific coach? Let the guy retire when the contract is up. GM John Schneider is under contract through the 2027 draft. Also, after 2024, Jody Allen and Co. can sell the Seahawks to the highest bidder without 10% going to the great state of Washington. She'll let the new owner(s) deal with the mediocrity.

FYI, I would prefer Jody blow up the coaching staff and get started on a true rebuild. I'm tired of the "just good enough" approach to football this front office seems to approve of. I'm sick of undisciplined play on the field: tackling, tackling, tackling. This defense is the worst it's ever been the last two years. Get something different in there. Tell Pete to stay out of the Offensive Coordinators stuff and let the OC do his damned job. So tired of seeing our offense do great things the first year of a new OC then peter off to average crap.

Anyway, I'll be watching what Rookie HC Demeco Ryans does with the Houston Texans in the Playoffs. See y'all in 8 months. o/