This draft will be a Bust.

Fade

Reaction score
After spending 2 months looking at prospects, it lacks blue chip talent, but it is loaded with green chip players.

It is a very good draft post 1st round.

RB, TE, OL, CB. Are the strength of this draft.

LBer will also be really good in the middle rounds.

The problem I'm finding is the lack of blue chip players you would want to pick in the top 10.

It's why the QBs are being pushed up. They are green chip as well, but QB is a more valuable position and somebody has to be picked.

I'm hoping the Seahawks find a way to fleece a team and move down.

Richardson is clearly a blue chip athlete, but playing QB is much more complicated than that. He is a guy that needs extensive training on his footwork, and mechanics. His processing is good, but needs more reps. A guy that should've went back to school another year.

He is the most intriguing guy to take in the top 5, because you could play him like RG III, or Lamar Jackson, but he is much bigger than those guys. Built closer to Cam Newton. So the injury risk is much, much, lower.

However, you would have to commit to that style of play fully for him to be effective especially early in his career.

Outside of some zone read here and there, RW did most of his running on scrambles and broken plays, not by design, same for Geno with what little running he did.

So, Richardson isn't plug and play, you would have to overhaul the system entirely for him.

Levis is plug and play. But boneheaded, and overconfident in his arm at times, which needs to be coached out of him ASAP. Pete is actually the perfect coach for this.

Richardson in a normal draft is a late 1st/2nd rounder. Levis mid-1st.

But the draft lacks blue chippers so they are the guys on the table at 5, if they don't go earlier.

Tyree Wilson, plays in the big 12. If he did it in the SEC or BIG 10, I'd be more impressed.

This is an absolutely brutal draft if you're picking in the top 5. I Hope the Seahawks can find a way to move down and get a Trey Lance like haul for one of these QBs.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I disagree frequently with @Fade, and I've attacked some of his posts pretty damn harshly, but this attack on his comment from last night strikes me as completely uncalled-for and anti-constructive. Fade has as much a right as any of us to express his opinion on the draft (or any other topic relevant to a given sub-forum here), so even if it were more of his bash-Pete fare, just responding to it with a GIF of an overrated basketball player yawning and "COOL STORY, BRO," without any response to the points Fade made in his comment, would be totally non-constructive.

@Fade's post appears to be a sincere attempt to contribute to the conversation. And I see some interesting contributions in there. I don't have opinions on the QBs he mentions, nor on Tyree Wilson, and Fade's comment appears to be better-than-average in terms of taking positions on specific players in the draft and even providing explanations of why he thinks what he does about these players. That may well be the first comment from Fade I've "Liked." If you disagree with something he's said, reply saying so and explaining why. I see no reason at all to attack that comment with an insulting GIF and no arguments.

EDIT: there was a reply from another user posted about 50 minutes before I posted this comment, and that reply contained a GIF of Russell Westbrook yawning with "COOL STORY, BRO" in meme letters at the bottom. It's been removed.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Lighten up man. Fade takes are often a joke, and always have been. And ultimately end up as Pete sucks, blah blah blah.
But your point is taken. You have WAY too much time on your hands if this bothers you. This is a message board, it's not life. Many of us have been attacked at some point, big deal. It's not the end of the world.
Fair enough, it was a good post and the GIF was not needed. I'm sure he'll survive. And for the record, I haven't watched one minute of NBA since the supes were taken away, so I have no idea who that was anyway. Hardly an "attack" ☮️

Last edited:

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Yeah they will, especially if some of you get their wish & they draft an Edge rusher chess piece to fit your fantasy football/draft generator stopwatch, tape measure, on paper mentality. :rolleyes: We need 2 DT's, 2 LBers, a center & probably another IOL. I do not see the fascination over an Edge guy who lacks the skillset & size to be an every down DE & lacks the skills, instincts & experience to be a full time starter at LBer. ???WTH???. No thank you on a Bruce Irvin pick on day 1 or 2.
Sorry, had to get that off my chest.
They’re hard to find outside the first round. Much easier to find a fit at DT later in the draft.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Lighten up man. Fade takes are often a joke, and always have been. And ultimately end up as Pete sucks, blah blah blah.
But your point is taken. You have WAY too much time on your hands if this bothers you. This is a message board, it's not life. Many of us have been attacked at some point, big deal. It's not the end of the world.

[SNIP a bunch of worth-reading content to make a specific point]

Levis is plug and play. But boneheaded, and overconfident in his arm at times, which needs to be coached out of him ASAP. Pete is actually the perfect coach for this.

Looks to me like @Fade has recognized one of Pete Carroll's strengths as a coach, and in a way that is 100% relevant to this thread. 🤷‍♂️

And even though I've attacked some of @Fade's posts in the past, and even though I disagree with him very frequently, I found that specific comment to be very much worth reading. I don't think it's a joke at all, and even in the posts I've brutally attacked, I didn't get the idea he was joking. I have gotten that idea about others here. For example, I always thought Welshers was doing comedy that was funny to him and whooshing harmlessly over my head. I didn't "get" it, but I always had the impression Welshers's goal was humor. I don't get that at all from Fade.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
After spending 2 months looking at prospects, it lacks blue chip talent, but it is loaded with green chip players.

It is a very good draft post 1st round.

LBer will also be really good in the middle rounds.

The problem I'm finding is the lack of blue chip players you would want to pick in the top 10.

It's why the QBs are being pushed up. They are green chip as well, but QB is a more valuable position and somebody has to be picked.

I'm hoping the Seahawks find a way to fleece a team and move down.

Richardson is clearly a blue chip athlete, but playing QB is much more complicated than that. He is a guy that needs extensive training on his footwork, and mechanics. His processing is good, but needs more reps. A guy that should've went back to school another year.

He is the most intriguing guy to take in the top 5, because you could play him like RG III, or Lamar Jackson, but he is much bigger than those guys. Built closer to Cam Newton. So the injury risk is much, much, lower.

However, you would have to commit to that style of play fully for him to be effective especially early in his career.

Outside of some zone read here and there, RW did most of his running on scrambles and broken plays, not by design, same for Geno with what little running he did.

So, Richardson isn't plug and play, you would have to overhaul the system entirely for him.

Richardson in a normal draft is a late 1st/2nd rounder. Levis mid-1st.

But the draft lacks blue chippers so they are the guys on the table at 5, if they don't go earlier.

Tyree Wilson, plays in the big 12. If he did it in the SEC or BIG 10, I'd be more impressed.

This is an absolutely brutal draft if you're picking in the top 5. I Hope the Seahawks can find a way to move down and get a Trey Lance like haul for one of these QBs.

I haven't scouted this draft as much as some others, but I think our views are pretty well aligned. I especially agree with your hope that we move down for a haul... My ideal is a to move back ~5 spots with a bad team in a deal that includes their 1st next year. But I digress.

I'm interested in a bit more of your thoughts about top players.

I see 4 players who would justify a top 5 pick (Stroud, Young, Anderson, Carter). Sound right?

I see 6 players who would justify a top 10 pick (including Witherspoon, Richardson). Sound right?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Looks to me like @Fade has recognized one of Pete Carroll's strengths as a coach, and in a way that is 100% relevant to this thread. 🤷‍♂️

And even though I've attacked some of @Fade's posts in the past, and even though I disagree with him very frequently, I found that specific comment to be very much worth reading. I don't think it's a joke at all, and even in the posts I've brutally attacked, I didn't get the idea he was joking. I have gotten that idea about others here. For example, I always thought Welshers was doing comedy that was funny to him and whooshing harmlessly over my head. I didn't "get" it, but I always had the impression Welshers's goal was humor. I don't get that at all from Fade.
Noted, and it wasn't needed on my part.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I happen to agree with Fades post. Crazy how not that long ago this was an amazing draft for QB's. And now its not.

massari

Reaction score
Edge is said by so many respectable draft analysts to be one of the strengths as well

QBs are being pushed up. They are green chip as well, but QB is a more valuable position and somebody has to be picked.
This happens almost every year when there isn't a Trevor Lawrence or Joe Burrow type, though Bryce Young would be in that tier if he was 6'2". Mahomes, Allen, Herbert and Watson weren't even blue chip prospects.

Last edited:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I would put Wilson into my top 5 too if he was there to pick. I just get the feeling thought with the athleticism, we might be tempted to take Richardson if he's there and develop him for 2 years behind Geno. In a perfect world I want some trading to happen and 3 QBs to go in the top 4. Leaving one of the top defenders available.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
What would you (QWERTY) do to make this draft not a bust?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I happen to agree with Fades post. Crazy how not that long ago this was an amazing draft for QB's. And now its not.

How does possibly four QB's going in the top 10 = "now it's not?"

Richardson and Levis are not as polished as Young and Stroud, but they will still go top 10. Too much talent to ignore.