The Sound Of The Seahawks: Episode 2

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I definitely enjoyed it. I'm all in with these guys getting it done this year and vaulting to a high spot on the turnovers created list. Hurt seems like the guy who can get this thing turned around and is very happy with the help he has to do it. I'm excited to see how our roster can turn it on and put us in position to win a bunch of games. Let's get it on!

keasley45

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I agree that all the talk about us being in rebuild mode is overblown. This team has talent. And the defense in particular is going to have something to prove to all of the naysayers and skeptics across the league and in our own fan base.

Clint seems like the perfect guy to get these guys primed to go.

Loving it!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was watching Baldy on Total Access yesterday and while I appreciate his usual in-depth analysis, especially in the trenches, his comment that we are a team with "too many holes" was simply not accurate. Sure, the QB situation is in flux but there's a lot of talent on both sides of the ball on this young squad and I too think the Seahawks are going to surprise this year.

keasley45

Reaction score
I was watching Baldy on Total Access yesterday and while I appreciate his usual in-depth analysis, especially in the trenches, his comment that we are a team with "too many holes" was simply not accurate. Sure, the QB situation is in flux but there's a lot of talent on both sides of the ball on this young squad and I too think the Seahawks are going to surprise this year.

I agree. I've never been a homer in the sense that I overvalue my team and it's players. I've played the game and appreciate it too much to just blindly fall in love with a player because he pulls on a Hawks jersey.

I've gone through the roster a few times now, comparing it to years past and other 'mid tier' teams, sincerely trying to see the team for the 'project' that some see it as, and I just can't.

The obvious question mark is how our CBs will do and how well our LBs perform in the new 3-4 scheme we're implementing. But that concern is calmed a bit knowing Diggs will be working to keep the guys up front , assignment right. But D Line, with the return of Q Jeff and the addition of Harris... plus Ford and Monet... and if we can get anything out of LJ... its a solid group. Safeties - beyond solid. LB and edge talent - beyond solid.

On offense, QB aside... the only question mark in my opinion, is how well our line performs, but if the close of last season is any indication at all of the potential and where we can start from... again, it's not a 'hole'. We drafted two incredibly talented tackles to add to a group that played well at the end of the year. Add to that a new line coach and philosophy... I just can't call it a weakness.

Rb, Wr, TE? Are you kidding? Where's the hole?

And add to all of that, the infusion of new thinking to breath new life into the schemes on both sides of the ball...

It's going to fun hearing all of the pundits scramble around the 'nobody could have seen this coming from the Seahawks '... spin when we're tied for the division lead come week 6.

It won't be a surprise at all for some.