The Seahawks are going to the playoffs in 2022!

nwHawk

Reaction score
Blythe, I look at as a teacher more than a starter. The Kyler Fuller is down right a head scratcher. That made no sense.

Jville

Reaction score
I'm not even trolling..... WHY did you sign Austin Blythe? He will get bullrushed and abused as your starting Center. We let him walk a couple of years ago so Brian Allen could replace him, and Allen is only serviceable. This does not bode well for the Seahawks playoff chances, in 2022 but leans more toward the #1 overall pick in 2023.
That's a good question for offensive line coach Andy Dickerson.

With Andy replacing Mike Solari, the blocking is skewing back toward an emphasis on zone blocking. Austin is coming in to help with Andy's installation. In a recent press conference, Austin noted his time at center and guard are divided fairly evenly. I'm more curious about how Andy is going to use the two hold over starting guards. The Seahawks are headed in the opposite direction of the Vegas Raiders in scheme change. Could we see some wheeling and dealing between the two of them or with someone else moving to more man on man blocking?

LoyalRam

Reaction score
[/img]
I like this one.....

eQsbGHq

LoyalRam

Reaction score
So the "not here to troll" claim was disingenuous ...... a deception.
No it wasn't. Don't be so sensitive, I like gifs that mock a bad joke, which is what both gifs did. I appreciate humor is all.

Jville

Reaction score
No it wasn't. Don't be so sensitive, I like gifs that mock a bad joke, which is what both gifs did. I appreciate humor is all.
Humor ..... sorry about that misinterpretation.

Last edited:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
There's a difference between giving the team a chance and making ridiculous claims like guaranteeing we make the playoffs on March 20th after trading away our franchise QB.

At least the negative Nellies on the board have objective reasons about the current state of the team and roster as to why making the playoffs is a long shot.

Good for you and others for being positive. But you can't fault fans from laughing and criticizing these sorts of ridiculous threads.

I'm one of the "negative" ones here right now.

I've been very even with this team over the last decade. I never get too overhyped about things and I never get very down about stuff.

But losing the one thing that teams can't survive without that's really hard to find? Absolutely catastrophic.

I know, I know. Wait for the draft. But the probability of finding a bunch of players (and we need quite a few now) that are going to break out as rookies? Really, really low. And "wait until after the draft" is inherently silly; we won't even know what we have with most of the picks after year one.

This team lost the most important player the franchise has ever had. There's a lot of other holes all over. It's going to take massive, surprising/unlikely events for things to get better in the near future.

I hope to one day again watch a team that consistently competes but I really doubt we're going to see that any time soon.

Fade

Reaction score
What's funny is the people saying the Seahawks will make the playoffs this season are going to he the same people when called out midseason will say: "What'd you expect? It's a rebuilding year!"

No, duh, we tried to tell you. :)

toffee

Reaction score
A few things needed to happen for our current roster to go to playoff this year:
  1. Football GOD really loves us.
  2. Zebras found reasons to like us.
  3. Geno/Lock play at or close to JimmyG level.
  4. Rookies on OL are very quick learner.
  5. Safeties fully back at 100%, CBs play at super high level.
  6. Al Wood/None demands double teaming 90% of the time.
  7. We still haven't cover the DE and LB, coaching etc.
Still think we are going to playoff? I do, but I am a certified homer. oh I forgot this one: Woolen plays like second coming of Sherm, lol.

BASF

Reaction score
A few things needed to happen for our current roster to go to playoff this year
Zebras found reasons to like us
Be prepared for them to be against us. The NFL will be against us this season. We cast aside one of their favored sons in their *cough* prime. *cough* With the way the NFL has set up the rules now, we have committed something akin to treason. They will have to make an example of us to forestall others from committing such a heinous act.

toffee

Reaction score
Be prepared for them to be against us. The NFL will be against us this season. We cast aside one of their favored sons in their *cough* prime. *cough* With the way the NFL has set up the rules now, we have committed something akin to treason. They will have to make an example of us to forestall others from committing such a heinous act.
Yup, we neutered their favorite son alright, haha, we shall aim to do it again since the same team got another league's favored son. Time to sharpen that neutering knife.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
While I don't see playoffs, I appreciate the enthusiasm. This team is really hard to predict. It's easy to just say they will suck etc. But they might just surprise some people. I still suspect 7 or 8 wins is a legit possibility. Leaning more towards 7-10.

John63

Reaction score
What's funny is the people saying the Seahawks will make the playoffs this season are going to he the same people when called out midseason will say: "What'd you expect? It's a rebuilding year!"

No, duh, we tried to tell you. :)
Yup, they will flip flop and then act like they never said it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Can't blame people for being optimistic. But it just isn't likely.

When Michael Jordan left the Bulls, people talked about rebuilding. But they never got close to where they were again.

We had a great QB for 10+ years, so we were a consistent winner for 10+ years. We no longer have that so we no longer will be a consistent winner anymore.

Earlier, we were disappointed in not winning division games. Now, we will probably be very happy to occasionally make the playoffs. Maybe make a good showing in a next-round loss in the playoffs. That is it.

If we get another great QB, maybe we can be a consistent winner again. But the odds are pretty low.

The NFL has built the rules and framework so that the key component of a winning team is a great QB. We had a great QB, so we won. We don't anymore so we probably won't.

We ARE clearly rebuilding. The question is into what? We don't really have the roster for a 3-4 D but we are moving into that. Our best offensive weapons are WRs but we have no QB and one of the worst OL in the league. (This will be interesting)

So now what?

We have to hope we find a great QB next year. Just like 20+ other NFL teams. Fingers crossed.

toffee

Reaction score
Can't blame people for being optimistic. But it just isn't likely.

When Michael Jordan left the Bulls, people talked about rebuilding. But they never got close to where they were again.

We had a great QB for 10+ years, so we were a consistent winner for 10+ years. We no longer have that so we no longer will be a consistent winner anymore.

Earlier, we were disappointed in not winning division games. Now, we will probably be very happy to occasionally make the playoffs. Maybe make a good showing in a next-round loss in the playoffs. That is it.

If we get another great QB, maybe we can be a consistent winner again. But the odds are pretty low.

The NFL has built the rules and framework so that the key component of a winning team is a great QB. We had a great QB, so we won. We don't anymore so we probably won't.

We ARE clearly rebuilding. The question is into what? We don't really have the roster for a 3-4 D but we are moving into that. Our best offensive weapons are WRs but we have no QB and one of the worst OL in the league. (This will be interesting)

So now what?

We have to hope we find a great QB next year. Just like 20+ other NFL teams. Fingers crossed.
Football is different from basketball, and no reason to compare the greatness of Russell Wilson who is unlimited with Michael Jordan who never claimed to be unlimited. Jordan did single handedly willed his team to championships, by not missing game winning shots, OK I will leave it at that.

toffee

Reaction score
Well, at least we get to watch Football this fall - and not the politics that had taken over the team for a few years here.

Go football!
If we don't win at all in Sept and Oct., some folks will start missing those 'politics'. Heck, some already have on dot net.