The Seahawks are going to the playoffs in 2022!

chris98251

Reaction score
I'm actually excited to possibly see the offense maybe use the whole field the whole game.........

A taller QB with a quick release can take advantage of the speed we have, so many balls were waited on or thrown late or guys not thrown open and we still were successful.

Fade

Reaction score
When Wilson goes away, the winning goes away.

I tried to tell people, but they just don't get it.

Need Watson, or a miracle. Otherwise, they are perennial losers until Pete's shown the door. Even then, I don't trust Jodi Allen going forward. She's clueless.

nutluck

Reaction score
It is way way to early to say if the Hawks will or will not have a shot at the playoffs, we don't even know who will be the QB or other starters will be. We have no clue what teams in the division and conf might trade or pickup good FA's or who they might lose, so no telling which teams yet will be better or worse than last year.

Just way to early to have any idea about playoff chances.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Use the war chest and the draft capital to stack the defense.

Go out and get Eric Barriere. He will be cheap. Care for him like you would a running back.

Return to what took the Seahawks to XLVIII.

A potent running game, with a QB that ia a threat to take it to the house anytime.

Make the passing game easy on him, and let your receivers do the work for YAC.

A punishing defense that will give you yours, but will exact a physical toll.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Let's see if Waldron can turn Drew Lock/Geno/rookie or vet TBD QB into at least Jared Goff in this offense. That Rams D got to the Super Bowl with Goff at QB. Could Drew Lock have at least a Jared Goff upside? Personally, I'm hoping to see Gardner Minshew brought in. He is careful with the ball, which Pete likes, and players play hard under his leadership. I mean, Minshew III is basically a slightly shorter Tom Brady with a mustache and not as good hair. Other than that, they're about the same, right? (Kidding!! I think...) But Minshew would at least be entertaining as the QB face of the franchise, and WA Eastsiders would be engaged for sure.

John63

Reaction score
we are not going to the playoffs in 2022. you have better odds of the Mets winning the SB.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
From Seahawks.com...
HOME GAMES: Arizona Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos, Las Vegas Raiders, New York Giants, New York Jets

AWAY GAMES: Arizona Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, San Francisco 49ers, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers, Detroit Lions

As an optimist I see a chance to win 3 home games and two road games. As things stand now, where do we come up with more than 5 wins on this schedule?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
From Seahawks.com...
HOME GAMES: Arizona Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos, Las Vegas Raiders, New York Giants, New York Jets

AWAY GAMES: Arizona Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, San Francisco 49ers, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers, Detroit Lions

As an optimist I see a chance to win 3 home games and two road games. As things stand now, where do we come up with more than 5 wins on this schedule?
This schedule is brutal but exactly what Seattle needs for the 2023 draft.

Seattle will be lucky to win 5 games with this schedule.

But a top 5 pick is needed to add the next nucleus of core players.

QB next year will be drafted.

I’m still excited for this year.

Change is good and necessary.

Take your losses and build correctly and Seattle can legit compete for deep playoff runs in 3 years again, opening of the 2025 season.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Many Hawk fans will be surprised at how competent the OL will look pass blocking, how good the quick passing game looks and how they even can have a good screen game.

Until the Hawks are done in FA and the draft, it is still the 4th best roster in the division though.
That is a cool theory until you look into how Lock plays the game. He's awful at quick passes and timing throws, like Russ he bails from clean pockets as well. There is a lot of unfounded optimism about Lock. He really is only good at throwing several different routes on the route tree.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
There's a good chance we don't see a team go to the playoffs for the 2020s. No QB, back to the wilderness. Maybe it'll be more likely now since there's a 7th seed.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
There's a good chance we don't see a team go to the playoffs for the 2020s. No QB, back to the wilderness. Maybe it'll be more likely now since there's a 7th seed.
I really didn't think of that, thanks for sharing.

haroldseattle

Reaction score
Making the playoffs likely isn't happening, the NFC west has the best teams in the conference and they play the AFC west where all the teams are all in. However it wasn't happening even if RW was still a Seahawk,or if in addition Pete and JS got replaced. A rebuild or reload had to happen and this has been the most interesting off season in over a half dozen years. Trading RW was the right move, at least now they will have good draft capitol in 2022 and 2023. Next year they have a 117 million in cap space ( at the moment Seahawks have the most cap space left in 2022 at 31 million ). So the means to succeed are in hand. Been a long time since the draft and free agency were any where close to being as interesting as this season ( and maybe even more so next season). This could end in total disaster or success but the journey will be a blast and I for one intend to enjoy it rather then cry in my beer.

nwHawk

Reaction score
A lot of early negative chatter. We haven’t had the draft or finished assembling the team. True fans would give the team a chance to build a roster given the new coaches and schemes.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
-- Why do so many of you act like tomorrow is September 11th instead of March 11th. Six months away. We haven't had free agency or the draft. I get it though, all you Schneider and Carroll bashers don't believe they know what they are doing, or are too old, or whatever. Every team in the league is realizing you win a Super Bowl one of two ways now that the Patriot dynasty is over. Either you add a really good veteran QB to a stacked team, (Bucs, Rams) or you have a good young QB on his rookie deal, so you can build a team around him.

-- Seattle was trapped. QB on his big money deal, playing in a brutal division (unlike Rogers in the North), trying to duct tape the rest of the team together. Think about it, over the last few years, we have griped the need to rebuild the offensive line. Rebuild the secondary. Rebuild the defensive line. All true, but there just isn't enough money on the card to do that. Now, assuming we don't trade all our assets back to get a Watson, we have cap space and draft picks. Again, it's not that we don't have the opportunity, its that you don't have the faith.

-- So those of us willing to give the team a chance to reset will embrace this offseason, and those of you have lost all hope will complain about every pick, every contract, every everything. And after every loss, you will be on this forum saying you told us so. Good for you. I will just say I was close to giving up my season tickets because we had become stale with the "Icon". Now, I am very much looking forward to this year, but really have no idea if we can compete for the playoffs, because I have no idea who our starting QB is. And neither do you....

- Again, unless they plan to start Geno this year, then I am out and there will be tix for sale, half price.

Mase
I look back with a somewhat critical eye and now believe that the team's eventual downturn was mostly associated with bad trades and mediocre drafting.

The first highly suspect trade involved Percy Harvin, which led to Golden Tate's departure. Golden went on to have several strong and productive years with Detroit while Harvin flamed out here after only half a dozen games. So depressing!!

The next was the trade for Jimmy Graham. Max Unger went on to give the Saints several years of stellar Center play and we got one good year out of Graham when he scored 10 TDs. What we thought would be a great acquisition turned out to be a major disappointment in the end.

The next was Jamal Adams. We should have stayed put and kept Bradley McDougal. We seriously overpaid for Jamaal.

The 1st round picks we traded away should have been used to bolster an already strong roster. Instead, we shot for the moon and fell short. Sad, but true.

Last edited:

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I look back with a somewhat critical eye and now believe that the team's eventual downturn was mostly associated with bad trades and mediocre drafting.

The first highly suspect trade involved Percy Harvin, which led to Golden Tate's departure. Golden went on to have several strong and productive years with Detroit while Harvin flamed out here after only half a dozen games. So depressing!!

The next was the trade for Jimmy Graham. Max Unger went on to give the Saints several years of stellar Center play and we got one good year out of Graham when he scored 10 TDs. What we thought would be a great acquisition turned out to be a major disappointment in the end.

The next was Jamal Adams. We should have stayed put and kept Bradley McDougal. We seriously overpaid for Jamaal.

The 1st round picks we traded away should have been used to bolster an already strong roster. Instead, we shot for the moon and fell short. Sad, but true.

We shot for the moon and put the coordinates for Mercury in the GPS. :rolleyes:

BASF

Reaction score
A lot of early negative chatter. We haven’t had the draft or finished assembling the team. True fans would give the team a chance to build a roster given the new coaches and schemes.
To be fair most of that negative chatter are from posters who have been negative every year we have not won the Super Bowl. It is who they are. Several of them have valid points that they love to make over and over.

As far as the OP, the addition by subtraction of a QB that did not want to play in any system but his (mostly that he has been throwing the same route tree since his NC State days) will be a boon for the rest of the roster, but I doubt it will be enough to get us to the playoffs in 2022.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

There's a difference between giving the team a chance and making ridiculous claims like guaranteeing we make the playoffs on March 20th after trading away our franchise QB.

At least the negative Nellies on the board have objective reasons about the current state of the team and roster as to why making the playoffs is a long shot.

Good for you and others for being positive. But you can't fault fans from laughing and criticizing these sorts of ridiculous threads.

LoyalRam

Reaction score
I'm not even trolling..... WHY did you sign Austin Blythe? He will get bullrushed and abused as your starting Center. We let him walk a couple of years ago so Brian Allen could replace him, and Allen is only serviceable. This does not bode well for the Seahawks playoff chances, in 2022 but leans more toward the #1 overall pick in 2023.