The Seahawks are going to the playoffs in 2022!

Spohawks

Reaction score
We are in for the funnest off-season of any team! The amount of hiring and firing of players is not only needed, it's going to be a blast to watch!

Cry "losing season" if you want or claim the Hawks should tank but the fact is, the Seahawks are going to be better on both sides of the ball!

The offence has had a year under their belt of the new offence brought in by a great OC...and that is about to pay off! The Seahawks have the best WR combo in the NFL, probably a top 5 TE combo in the NFL and they have a better back up QB in Lock then they did last year. The O-line will see Curhan develop into a pro bowler and overall the line will improve through the draft/FA. If they can just hit on either a stand out QB or a machine of a RB...the offence will be just fine next year!

I feel there is a ton of misused talent on the defensive side! The new DC and staff will not only bring in new hope but they will shed the bad players that JR. kept around. It's a whole new sceme and that requires different skill sets and body types. I believe the new DC and staff will pick up some DB talent which will lead to covered WRs, which leads to more sacks.

With plenty of draft picks and money for free agents the holes will be filled and this team will surprise the NFL! The Seahawks will win 10 games and sneak in as a wild card.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Funniest post of 2022 for sure. If you truly think Seattle is going to win 10 games and make the playoffs this season, pass me some of what your smoking. I need it.

PS - whatever QB Seattle uses this season (almost certain it wont be Smith) wont have a year under Waldrons system

OP
OP
S

Spohawks

Reaction score
A couple of fun stats...
1) Drew Lock with play-action in 2020: 68 of 103 for 809 yards, seven touchdowns, no interceptions.

2) In 2021 Lock had a 112.5 passer rating when using the play action pass.

With Waldron loving the play action, I can see why he brought him in for a look.

xray

Reaction score
Throwdown":1rcotplt said:
Idk about going to to the playoffs. But this is the most excited I been to watch them in a long long time.
^
Me too . I don't care about the playoffs this season . I just want to see a newer younger fresher team put together , assuming Carroll doesn't F it up some how .

toffee

Reaction score
Spohawks":17fxeapf said:
A couple of fun stats...
1) Drew Lock with play-action in 2020: 68 of 103 for 809 yards, seven touchdowns, no interceptions.

2) In 2021 Lock had a 112.5 passer rating when using the play action pass.

With Waldron loving the play action, I can see why he brought him in for a look.
What's Geno's play action stats

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

bigskydoc

Reaction score
My hot take on hearing the Wilson news.

Hawks make the playoffs this year. Denver doesn't.

Hawks make the Super Bowl before the Broncs.

It's going to be a fun off season for the first time in a long time, especially if McLaughlin can be convinced to run it back.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I don't know about playoffs but I think the team will start to be fun to watch again. I genuinely didn't enjoy watching 2/3 of most Seahawks games because of how awful all aspects of the team looked. It's remarkable they were able to remain competitive while looking like they had never played football before.

JS has a great eye for QB talent so there's clearly someone in the near future he likes to sign off on Russ trade. Pete completely revamped defensive coaching staff. Tons of picks in a LOADED, core building defensive class. Go get some angry, fast, violent dudes at LB, CB, and DL and start kicking the shit out of teams again.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Its not going to be fun to watch, just different. The Seahawks will suck next season.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
Spohawks":nun6k5iy said:
We are in for the funnest off-season of any team! The amount of hiring and firing of players is not only needed, it's going to be a blast to watch!

Cry "losing season" if you want or claim the Hawks should tank but the fact is, the Seahawks are going to be better on both sides of the ball!

The offence has had a year under their belt of the new offence brought in by a great OC...and that is about to pay off! The Seahawks have the best WR combo in the NFL, probably a top 5 TE combo in the NFL and they have a better back up QB in Lock then they did last year. The O-line will see Curhan develop into a pro bowler and overall the line will improve through the draft/FA. If they can just hit on either a stand out QB or a machine of a RB...the offence will be just fine next year!

I feel there is a ton of misused talent on the defensive side! The new DC and staff will not only bring in new hope but they will shed the bad players that JR. kept around. It's a whole new sceme and that requires different skill sets and body types. I believe the new DC and staff will pick up some DB talent which will lead to covered WRs, which leads to more sacks.

With plenty of draft picks and money for free agents the holes will be filled and this team will surprise the NFL! The Seahawks will win 10 games and sneak in as a wild card.

The Seahawks may go to the playoffs next year but they will have to buy tickets like all the other people in the stands.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Carroll has already proven with the Adams trade that he will sacrifice the future to attempt to salvage/prop up the present.

We aren't going to the playoffs this coming season. Or next.
(Unless we get Watson...then it becomes a thin maybe)

The reality is that we are not making the playoffs for 2-3 years after Carroll LEAVES.

So don't even bother to set your clock or calendar until his last day. He is going to strip this team bare mortgaging whatever future he can - so he can stay in his chair. That means years of recovery & rebuild when he finally leaves.

Carroll has always depended on having better players to win. Right now his roster does not have that. And he is at a disadvantage by almost every other coaching measurement you can use - outside of player development and maybe motivation (diminishing value over time though).

Almost every coach in the NFL holds an advantage in tactics & strategy over him. That has been offset by Wilson so this point. But we don't have that wildcard anymore. He has been a HC in the NFL for almost 6 years without Wilson, go check his record for those years. It isn't great.

Get ready for lots of 5-8 win seasons and an incredible amount of excuses by his supporters.

Mase

Reaction score
-- Why do so many of you act like tomorrow is September 11th instead of March 11th. Six months away. We haven't had free agency or the draft. I get it though, all you Schneider and Carroll bashers don't believe they know what they are doing, or are too old, or whatever. Every team in the league is realizing you win a Super Bowl one of two ways now that the Patriot dynasty is over. Either you add a really good veteran QB to a stacked team, (Bucs, Rams) or you have a good young QB on his rookie deal, so you can build a team around him.

-- Seattle was trapped. QB on his big money deal, playing in a brutal division (unlike Rogers in the North), trying to duct tape the rest of the team together. Think about it, over the last few years, we have griped the need to rebuild the offensive line. Rebuild the secondary. Rebuild the defensive line. All true, but there just isn't enough money on the card to do that. Now, assuming we don't trade all our assets back to get a Watson, we have cap space and draft picks. Again, it's not that we don't have the opportunity, its that you don't have the faith.

-- So those of us willing to give the team a chance to reset will embrace this offseason, and those of you have lost all hope will complain about every pick, every contract, every everything. And after every loss, you will be on this forum saying you told us so. Good for you. I will just say I was close to giving up my season tickets because we had become stale with the "Icon". Now, I am very much looking forward to this year, but really have no idea if we can compete for the playoffs, because I have no idea who our starting QB is. And neither do you....

- Again, unless they plan to start Geno this year, then I am out and there will be tix for sale, half price.

Mase

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Quite a ride:

Mase":1x2q19ju said:
So those of us willing to give the team a chance to reset will embrace this offseason, and those of you have lost all hope will complain about every pick, every contract, every everything.

then

I will just say I was close to giving up my season tickets because we had become stale with the "Icon".

then

Again, unless they plan to start Geno this year, then I am out and there will be tix for sale, half price.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Many Hawk fans will be surprised at how competent the OL will look pass blocking, how good the quick passing game looks and how they even can have a good screen game.

Until the Hawks are done in FA and the draft, it is still the 4th best roster in the division though.

xray

Reaction score
What's happening with the Hawks right now and in the very near future , should be exciting for a fan IMO. This is exciting if you let it be .

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I’m hoping for a competitively bad team but one that gives opportunity to and pushes younger players to max potential. If losing Wilson can also net the Seahawks a top 3 selection for 2023 on top of what they’ve gained in the trade and big time cap space to make a big splash or three in 2023 free agency then it will make everything easier for them to possibly build a new foundation.

I love Beast Quake #1 to death but just making the Play-Offs in 2010 was an opportunity lost to draft someone like JJ Watt instead of settling for James Carpenter.

But I agree the enthusiasm is welcomed.

toffee

Reaction score
NE fans felt the same way after Brady's departure, rightfully so, and they felt awful after drafting Marc Jones, again rightfully so. Then the season started ......

12s have every reason to feel dejected after Russell abandoned us, our next QB, being a FA or Draft pick, would be underwhelming compare to Russ. Then the season starts.