The process

LTH

Reaction score
I've been a Seahawk fan for a lot of years... I have come to an understanding that the Hawks have this process they go through early on they try to find out where the pieces fit... what the identity of the team is going to be and what area's the need to adjust to be successful...

I have learned not to be to critical because usually they work through the issues they have... I have watched this process throughout Carrolls time with the Hawks... It's the same thing every year just different circumstances and situations...I am optimistic because I've seen it so many times.. I see Carroll's record and what he has accomplished... I see the way he deals with players the way the culture he has created makes these players take advantage of their talent even to the point where they play better than their talent level ... its actually quit amazing to me...

The fact that they are winning games in a last minute fashion is a sign to me that this team is going to win a lot of games because they are winning in situations where a normal team would lose...

This year it's the D... they have a injury problem but the next men up are picking up the slack... It's not perfect and there are lots of issues they need to work through...ok... status quo... but isn't that the fun part of being a fan? We are watching the growth of players and coaches... we are watching JS find players in cracks and crevices... we are watching Carroll work his magic in a completely different way than any other coach in the NFL....I would much rather be watching games that come down to the last second every week rather than watching a completely dominate performance that is so boring... :snack:

So Im curious... do you think Im way off base...Do you think I should give up my seat and go stand next to the cheerleaders? LMAO!!! :rumble:

What do you think about Carrolls process?

LTH

Erebus

Reaction score
I like your optimism, but I side with Russ on this one. I'd rather win by a lot.

I'm optimistic that the defense will get better. The simple reason for that is because they have talent. If it was just a bunch of scrubs that never accomplished anything in the NFL, I'd be worried. But they have four proven performers in the secondary. They just need to fix whatever the problem is, and I believe they will.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Erebus":2yrzf4fd said:
I like your optimism, but I side with Russ on this one. I'd rather win by a lot.

This. I prefer watching the rest of the NFL play close games, so I don't have to swear at my poor tv.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I think its just the fine margins of these matchups. All 3 opponents were similar to the Hawks in their rather high powered offenses but very poor defenses.

The biggest factor may be turnovers. Hawks have done well with the ball, and for as poor as the D has been statistically, they are getting 4th down stops and turnovers at times.

Fade

Reaction score
LTH":99xcdcq6 said:
I've been a Seahawk fan for a lot of years... I have come to an understanding that the Hawks have this process they go through early on they try to find out where the pieces fit... what the identity of the team is going to be and what area's the need to adjust to be successful...

Every team does this. They self scout and everything. :D

I have learned not to be to critical because usually they work through the issues they have... I have watched this process throughout Carrolls time with the Hawks... It's the same thing every year just different circumstances and situations...I am optimistic because I've seen it so many times..

Why has the defense gotten worse for 7 straight seasons, if Pete fixes things every year?

The fact that they are winning games in a last minute fashion is a sign to me that this team is going to win a lot of games because they are winning in situations where a normal team would lose...

Russell Wilson is the greatest 4th quarter QB of all-time. He does this every year. This is not unique to this season. A lot these games would be L's if he didn't have Wilson.

What do you think about Carroll's process?

Managing people and running his program, he is stellar. He isn't an X's and O's coach. He finally surrendered the offense over to Schotty & Russ, which is why they are 3-0, after finally moving on from a failed process that was no longer sustainable in the modern NFL. Kudos to Pete for doing that. Now he needs to fix the defense, or show Norton the door and get someone in here who can.

chris98251

Reaction score
Fade":22u94x8o said:
LTH":22u94x8o said:

I have learned not to be to critical because usually they work through the issues they have... I have watched this process throughout Carrolls time with the Hawks... It's the same thing every year just different circumstances and situations...I am optimistic because I've seen it so many times..

Why has the defense gotten worse for 7 straight seasons, if Pete fixes things every year?

Russell Wilson is the greatest 4th quarter QB of all-time. He does this every year. This is not unique to this season. A lot these games would be L's if he didn't have Wilson.

Managing people and running his program, he is stellar. He isn't an X's and O's coach. He finally surrendered the offense over to Schotty & Russ, which is why they are 3-0, after finally moving on from a failed process that was no longer sustainable in the modern NFL. Kudos to Pete for doing that. Now he needs to fix the defense, or show Norton the door and get someone in here who can.

Thats a bullshit statement, the system will work but you need the pieces, when you are paying 3rd contracts for a QB and several Vets you have to adjust because the pieces have to be shuffled.

Belichek understands this like no other coach and rotates his pieces like nobody else.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
All they do is win, over and over again in close games. What they have done has absolutely been sustainable.

Own The West

Reaction score
I'm with you LTH. I trust the process.

No team returns 22 of 22 starters each year. John and Pete have done an excellent job of managing that churn to keep this team young and within salary cap. This is truly a team that reloads rather than rebuilds and I am extremely appreciative of that.

We are always one of the best teams in football by week 8 and nobody wants to play us by the end of the year. This year will be no different.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Fade":6vmrfq5y said:
LTH":6vmrfq5y said:

Pete Carroll plays his young guys early there are lots of differences in Carrolls process that other teams do not practice. Carrolls whole philosophy is vastly different than any other team in just the way he deals with his players, the way he puts them in position for success they way he facilitates them to trust each other... Carrolls process is VASTLY different than any other team all the way down to the water boy...

I dont think Carroll does fix everything I think he works out as many issues as he can through his process of getting his team to peak in the 4th quarter of the season which is the reason the Hawks have been in the playoffs every year but two under Pete Carroll one loss due to a missed field goal...

I've never heard Carroll say he surrendered the O to Schotty and Russ.. yes they are opening up the Offense a but that could very well be because they have a better WR crew and O line crew...it could also be because he trusts Schotty being its his 3rd year...I dont think running the ball is a failed process in fact I think running the ball eats the clock and helps sustain drives, keeps the D off the field and well rested... which is something that needs to happen being that the Hawks D isn't playing to its potential right now...

Russell Wilson is NOT the only reason this team is 3-0... Football is a team sport more than any other game... Yes Wilson is having a GREAT year, but it's because of the team in which Russell is a part of including the D.. that's just a fact.. To say that this team is 3-0 just because of Wilson's play is delusional to say the least..

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Fade said " Russell Wilson is the greatest 4th quarter QB of all-time. He does this every year. This is not unique to this season. A lot these games would be L's if he didn't have Wilson."

This is true Russell is a special guy but it never any one man's fault or victory football is a team sport you win and lose as a team...