The pick is IN! #5

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This pick was a worst case scenario type pick. The AZ trade to the Texans hurt when they took Anderson and then Indie taking Richardson left the team with Carter or player with a higher character and they’d been burned by McDowell and weren’t about to let that happen again.

The team has 9 picks left in the draft. Carter will need constant maintenance and the Hawks will pick another high character guy next.

There is always pissing and moaning when ‘your pick’ isn’t the team’s pick. I suspect like last year there will be lots of complaints, but the play on the field will prove they did know what they were doing.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Well, I was not expecting (or wanting) a corner. I wanted Jalen Carter for the pick, but I also know he didn't get picked for a reason.
So I'm changing my outlook... we got the first choice of any DB available and went with the best DB player in the draft. This is not a small thing for a football team.

I think not going DL is disappointing because many of us think that DL is more important that secondary.

HawksNation

Reaction score
Yeeeah, nah, secondary help is still of great assistance. Mike Jackson is your starting boundary corner going into the draft? Yeah, corner's still a need. You also don't need to spend pick 5 to stop the run.
Now let’s go get Will Levis !

Fade

Reaction score
This pick was a worst case scenario type pick. The AZ trade to the Texans hurt when they took Anderson and then Indie taking Richardson left the team with Carter or player with a higher character and they’d been burned by McDowell and weren’t about to let that happen again.

I am willing to bet Anderson was their plan A, trade down was plan B, staying pat and drafting Witherspoon was plan C, and Richardson wasn't even a thought at #5.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Was kind of hoping for Tyree Wilson, but I'm not horribly disappointed with the pick. Seahawks back to DBU, and going by recent history, their DB scouting is back on point.

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
So, we have added to our depth in DB and got ourselves a bonafide #3 WR. After they get done wading through the nest 16 picks, who do we take with our first pick in the second round?
Or will we trade for more picks from the bottom end of the barrel?