The 9ers are going to keep Jimmy, maybe?

Mizak

Reaction score
a couple of days ago:

“I keep asking teams all the time, why don’t they just cut Jimmy G now? And the answer that I got back from multiple teams is, ‘They don’t want him to go to Seattle,'” Lombardi said, as transcribed by Audacy. “I said, ‘Well how interested is Seattle in Jimmy G?’ And (one source) said, ‘Oh, they’re very interested in him.’

one of the reasons why they restructured his contract.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
a couple of days ago:

“I keep asking teams all the time, why don’t they just cut Jimmy G now? And the answer that I got back from multiple teams is, ‘They don’t want him to go to Seattle,'” Lombardi said, as transcribed by Audacy. “I said, ‘Well how interested is Seattle in Jimmy G?’ And (one source) said, ‘Oh, they’re very interested in him.’

one of the reasons why they restructured his contract.
Seattle never wanted him man. The guy literally has a weaker arm than Geno and Lock.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I know the front offices of many teams. You must be a casual
SUUUUURE you do.

You know them so well he can't spell Paraag Marathe's name right.

RE Lynch...its not entirely incorrect that he's something of a figurehead, but Paraag is much more money manager than GM. Jason Peters is the one who really does alot of the scouting. In the end tho, they all essentially work for Kyle. Lynch and Kyle are parallel to each other on the org chart, but these decisions are really made in the end by Kyle.

Its the main reason I always thought it was so funny that people really thought that Kyle was "forced" to take Lance over Mac.

Its yet to be seen how those prospects work out, but Kyle wasn't forced to do a damn thing. He took the guy he wanted.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Jimmy is probably a better quarterback than Geno and Lock but that’s because he throws screens and slants and nothing else. His arm is weak even for a backup. He doesn’t have a deep ball and a non factor in downfield passing

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
SUUUUURE you do.

You know them so well he can't spell Paraag Marathe's name right.

RE Lynch...its not entirely incorrect that he's something of a figurehead, but Paraag is much more money manager than GM. Jason Peters is the one who really does alot of the scouting. In the end tho, they all essentially work for Kyle. Lynch and Kyle are parallel to each other on the org chart, but these decisions are really made in the end by Kyle.

Its the main reason I always thought it was so funny that people really thought that Kyle was "forced" to take Lance over Mac.

Its yet to be seen how those prospects work out, but Kyle wasn't forced to do a damn thing. He took the guy he wanted.
Glad I got under your skin albeit unintentionally lol 😂
Mack has been great and Trey Lance looks like shit guy. You win because of your defense and running game not your shitty quarterbacks

Edited by Appy. No name calling, Frodos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Jimmy is probably a better quarterback than Geno and Lock but that’s because he throws screens and slants and nothing else. His arm is weak even for a backup. He doesn’t have a deep ball and a non factor in downfield passing
The B.S. was for Seattle not wanting him. Its bull$hit they were praying the 49ers would release him.

Regardless of how he got there his record is better than most in NFL and definitely better than Geno and Drew.

Marvin49

Reaction score
You’re a ******* moron. Glad I got under your skin albeit unintentionally lol 😂
Mack has been great and Trey Lance looks like shit guy. You win because of your defense and running game not your shitty quarterbacks

Let me get this straight....you just called me a moron but you think you are getting under MY skin? You are incapable. You just have delusions of grandeur.

My point on Mac wasn't whether he was better than Lance or not. We don't know that one way or the other. My point was that Kyle has the ultimate say in the building. Whether the pick of Lance fails or not, it was his decision.

Marvin49

Reaction score

He doesn't actually have a weak arm. He can get the ball down the field.

What he lacks is downfield ACCURACY. Its tied to his quick release and how much he throws with his arm entirely. When he throws deep his footwork is horrible.

He's effective in the short to medium passing game because of that release but teams stack in the middle of the field because they know he won't challenge them outside the numbers.

This is why I thought he'd make a horrible fit in Seattle and all that speed on the outside.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Marvin,

Jed York went straight to the press about being ok with keeping JG, not Kyle. He knows the fan base won’t put up with him attempting to be Jerrah Jones in public, but like any owner he has the ultimate say.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Marvin,

Jed York went straight to the press about being ok with keeping JG, not Kyle. He knows the fan base won’t put up with him attempting to be Jerrah Jones in public, but like any owner he has the ultimate say.

He answered that question because he was asked.

He signs the checks but he doesn't make the decisions. John York didn't even know who they were selecting until the night before the draft. Kyle and John will go to Jed to ask if he is OK with them spending money just as any GM would, but my point is that Kyle is the one selecting players. Make no mistake about that.

They call it a team process and they consult with each other, but reality is that this is Kyles team.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I just found it odd that they held a press conference to announce they were “moving on” from Jimmy and promoting Trey as the starting quarterback. That was way before preseason started. Funny how fast he changed his mind after watching Trey against the Texans practice squad defense. 49er fans like to downplay it but it says a lot about their FO/Ownership. Jimmy is like Jim Carey in “Cable Guy” when he comes to the front door and says “ Funny how you only call when you need something”

Last edited:

flv2

Reaction score
The 49ers probably have the 3rd & 4th best QBs in the division. Strange World.