Thank God we won, but might as well trade Marshawn Lynch

kmedic

Reaction score
shawnsim":16smt65f said:
My problem is that they had the box stacked 8 deep but, our receivers couldn't get open. Even when they had time. Are the leagues 3 secondary players that much better than our receivers??

Really? 8 men in the box and only 3 defenders. We still cannot complete a pass.

No, our WR's are below average.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":imruytqh said:
Re: Our ineffective WRs, I think it is probably a combination of three things: Long-developing routes, Wilson not throwing the ball into tight windows typically, and bad pass blocking.

And unfortunately when the pass blocking is decent, the WR's aren't open.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1hasa3ba said:
edogg23":1hasa3ba said:
Every time he ran the ball he went backwards or gained 3-4. How was that going to win us the game?

RB's get better with more carries. It wears out the D. 8 carries is not enough even if he is getting stuffed.
This

Polk738

Reaction score
Seems to me like Russell is choosing to stay in the pocket more which is confusing me, it almost seems like he'd rather just take a beating rather than try an escape. Anyone else seeing this? I think our TE's could've been a factor in this game if they would've been used more- Miller is great at those quick screens.

Joey13091

Reaction score
I can't believe he only got 8 carries. Something has to be going on in behind the scenes that we don't know about.

This is a game I would've actually not been pissed if bevel ran three times with Lynch.

I hope to see a heavy dose of Lynch next week against the Buccs.

Let's destroy them next week so I can be happy.

drdiags

Reaction score
We don't need no stinking offense. We should just punt and play d and try to win with pick-6s.

Bruce Irvin. Yeah, he may have dropped coverage once or twice but that dude is a bad mother ... shut your mouth. I'm only talking about Bruce.

The Rams had our number. They have played the Seahawks tight in at least 3 straight games. My boy Avenger is probably soaking up the angst.

The truth is the Seahawks have not had that dynamic offense they had late last year. Looks more like what they had early last year. At least they are winning. Every game this year has been a grind besides the Jags in the first half.

kearly

Reaction score
The play calling was fine. The OL was what killed us, pure and simple. They couldn't pass protect, they couldn't run block inside, and they couldn't run outside. It was right around the time I was thinking Seattle needed to use screens and bubble screens that they did, with some success. It was right around the time that I thought they needed to do play action that they did for a long TD. He adjusted when he needed to. But it's rather incredible Seattle managed any points at all with that OL performance tonight.

I think the Rams deserve a ton of credit, both coaching and players. That was a damn near perfect performance on defense. It was the best defensive performance of the season, at least by yardage, and probably by DVOA as well.

What I don't like about Bevell is that he hasn't been able to counter quick pressure the way pretty much any other good offense can, the way that Drew Brees can. It's been half a season plus 4 preseason games, and it's gotten worse, not better. And I've come to believe it will never get better as long as Bevell is here.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawks46":34oiw8ej said:
Funny, in a chess match, we almost got checkmated.

The only way, and I mean ONLY way the Rams could beat us, was stack the box against the run and make us throw.

Since we don't seem to have many short or intermediate routes in our route trees, it gave the DEs time to destroy 2 backup tackles. They had to force us to throw, and we played right into their hands.

Terrible. We threw a few screens that worked well. So we stopped doing it.

We threw a few slants to Miller and Tate that worked well. So we stopped that.

It's truly unbelievable how bad our game plan was tonight.
Pretty much how I see it. Bevell has to remember he can run the short game without Harvin.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
kmedic":2fmx1a8c said:
shawnsim":2fmx1a8c said:
My problem is that they had the box stacked 8 deep but, our receivers couldn't get open. Even when they had time. Are the leagues 3 secondary players that much better than our receivers??

Really? 8 men in the box and only 3 defenders. We still cannot complete a pass.

No, our WR's are below average.
Really? because FO has Baldwin rated as a top WR. Too bad he only got targeted once all night. But then, with so little time to throw, Wilson only managed to connect on 10 passes. Consider that and the fact he got sacked 7 times and took 10 QB hits. You can't blame the WR's when the pass rushers are coming in totally unblocked.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Nefaria":2oczcx2y said:
Rams game planned perfectly tonight. Took away our strength (run game) and exploited our weakness (oline). That Bevell couldn't counter that by calling pass plays where the ball gets out FAST annoys me more than anything. The few slants and screens he called worked for the most part. I love that we won but it doesn't make me less annoyed at the play calling.

Nope, sorry. Bevell took away our run game. Feeling like the running game wasn't effective is not a worthwhile excuse either. We called 15 designed run plays tonight for a total of 44 yards. However, we also called 25 pass attempts (Wilson threw 18 passes and was sacked 7 times). If you remove the 80 yard touchdown pass the Hawks totaled 11, YES 11 yards on those other 24 plays. So which is more effective:

44 yards on 15 rushing plays or 11 yards on 24 pass plays?

seahawks08

Reaction score
I dont like Bevel, if he can't adjust to the teams capabilities or the defense, he is not good enough. He needs to game plan and adjust to the weak oline. It may be Pete not letting him, but come on, this is not the kind of game I expected. Rams D was all over us, that was embarassing. After so long a break, we just looked like we never came to play. If we are a superbowl bound team, this is not the way we play the game. With a back up QB for Rams, its a shame we just got 14 points. Damn, we should have put Harvin in there. My theory is Seahawks management did not like Percy getting a second opinion and opting for a surgery and since he did, they are holding that and not letting him in. It is pure ego, I am sorry, I think they took the Rams too lightly and never showed up to play. As a fan, I should be able to call out and criticize my team given their performance. Yeah a win is a win and no matter how they win, I get all that, but we are better than them, we are!

Tical21

Reaction score
Kearly, you're an ass, I thought I was going to get in before the bell. I agree, I thought Bevell was fine tonight. The Rams had an extra guy in the box all night, played a lot of press man, and begged us to beat it. And we almost didn't stand a chance. You have to complete some passes and open that thing up. That is your only chance to run the ball. You can keep headbutting the wall and calling runs if you want to, but you're not going anywhere. It is really risky to run WR screens against press. You run slants, fades, and pick plays. We didn't have time for pick plays. So we have to win with slants and fades, and HB screens. We might be the worst slant team in the NFL. Golden is starting to win more often which is nice. Wilson was a little off, Golden wasn't great. Kearse dropped a HUGE ball. We only tried one fade against it that I can remember, and Russell threw it 8 yards out of bounds. Just an ugly, ugly game. Yuck.

On the bright side. Let them try that crap when #11 gets on the field. He would have taken three to the house tonight.

scakfan

Reaction score
Polk738":3mn20y4u said:
Seems to me like Russell is choosing to stay in the pocket more which is confusing me, it almost seems like he'd rather just take a beating rather than try an escape. Anyone else seeing this? I think our TE's could've been a factor in this game if they would've been used more- Miller is great at those quick screens.

RW was instructed by the coaches to stay there come hell or high water is my guess. Things will be more RW like next game is my prediction. I can just hear it from the coaches, no fumbles and stay in the pocket. All the while Russell is thinking okay but??? I will get creamed this one time but no more after that.