Teddy can be that Bridge "over troubled" Waters

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
At the quarterback position for two reasons:

1) To push Wilson in camp. Russ came in fat, out of shape and off target.

2) For a quality safety net if Wilson ever goes down. He's a little better than Geno...wait strike that he's a lot better than Geno

We need to go after a good backup quarterback for cheap in free agency. Has nothing to do with Smith's DUI

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
[urlTargetBlank][/urlTargetBlank]
SoulfishHawk":2phhp9k8 said:
No, Russ did not come in out of shape and fat. :?
Um he actually did but more importantly…Why are you so combative when it comes to defending Wilson? :rumble: . He stank for a large part of the year and came back too early. Even Russ admitted he came back too early. We can’t afford another fiasco if it happens again. Was it a freak injury? Not really. We need better from our starting quarterback.

soxhawk

Reaction score
We paid for the Russ who'd train with receivers in SoCal or Hawaii in the offseason to be on the same page, but got the Russ who now points fingers and takes pictures on instagram :( Not sure he's still the elite QB some think he is.

I think the FO will ask him to restructure to sign some better players in other positions. He may balk at this and that's how he gets traded. This season proved that he needs a good supporting cast (strong D, good RBs, versatile TE's). If he chooses to restructure he can definitely win more super bowls in Seattle since I think PC/JS want to win now.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Good god. Teddy could not win enough in Denver.

Denver is basically missing a QB but solid otherwise.

You think he could win here??

Maybe Teddy could be a backup but isn't pushing anyone.

He comes off as a good guy and sure, he seems better than Geno, but would he want to be a backup.

Because he is not a good starter.

soxhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2dnlgn50 said:
Good god. Teddy could not win enough in Denver.

Denver is basically missing a QB but solid otherwise.

You think he could win here??

Maybe Teddy could be a backup but isn't pushing anyone.

He comes off as a good guy and sure, he seems better than Geno, but would he want to be a backup.

Because he is not a good starter.

Teddy is most certainly a top backup QB at this point of his career. And will be paid well, something we are not able to do at backup QB.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
No thanks. I watched several Denver games and it made me appreciate Russ. Teddy Bridgewater is never elevating any team. In fact the games I watched he was mostly terrible and his recieving core is quite good.

Hawker55

Reaction score
Wilson came in fat and out of shape? How much does someone have to hate Wilson to just blatantly make stuff up? We get it, you hate Wilson. :roll:

As far as Bridgewater, I wouldn't have a problem with him coming in and taking the backup roll. Didn't he beat us with NO when Breese was hurt? Think it was him, can't remember. But ya, rather it be someone better, but he couldn't be any worse than Geno...

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Fat, out of shape, and off-target... Holy shit, the hate runs deep in this one. Meanwhile, Russ just passed Peyton Manning for the most wins in their first 10 years. Read that again.

The. Most. Wins. In. Their. First. Ten. Years.

Source - ESPN.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Man, you can tell it’s the off season, the haters out this off-season.

We got the Russell hate crowd, trade him blah blah
We got the Fire Pete crowd, fire him he’s old busy blah
The Jon Schnieder crowd who want to blame it all on him even though PC has final say on players.,

What else? Oh the Jodi Allen crowd
The DK is a bum crowd
The Penny sucks is a bust crowd
The Wagner is mediocre crowd

Like in the end **** why not just go root for another team? Lol some of ya must really hate your lives too. But hey, not worries your all still loved.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't care about criticism, it's often very much warranted. But, to just literally make up stuff about the guy because you don't like him? Pretty much 3rd grade level stuff.
I have zero issues with criticism of Russ, IF it's actually warranted. Part of the reason I just don't come on here nearly as much is it's just the same crap every day.
When he doesn't play well, criticize away. That's part of being the QB. He def. needs to play better at times, no doubt about it. Out of shape? Not even close.

balakoth

Reaction score
He was on fire to start the year.. what in the world ?

Had some crappy games with that finger, then still produced.. heavily.

This post confuses me

TCHawks

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1l97uaji said:
Fat, out of shape, and off-target... Holy $h!t, the hate runs deep in this one. Meanwhile, Russ just passed Peyton Manning for the most wins in their first 10 years. Read that again.

Source - ESPN.

It's not worth your time. The anti Russ movement is irrational. Yeah sign me up for the 90's when we had a terrible offense for over a decade. Are people truly this stupid to think we are better off without Russ?

Hawker55

Reaction score
TCHawks":1wtow5o8 said:
GeekHawk":1wtow5o8 said:
Fat, out of shape, and off-target... Holy $h!t, the hate runs deep in this one. Meanwhile, Russ just passed Peyton Manning for the most wins in their first 10 years. Read that again.

Source - ESPN.

It's not worth your time. The anti Russ movement is irrational. Yeah sign me up for the 90's when we had a terrible offense for over a decade. Are people truly this stupid to think we are better off without Russ?

Baffling ain't it.