Statue for Pete? Hell to the yes!

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I don't know what happened yesterday, but this is the post I thought I quoted yesterday when I made my post about the leprechaun
View attachment 66522

This one should be up in front of the Foxboro Stadium. What do you think Lockettes reaction would’ve been if you told him before the game that his performance during the game would constitute a statue of him being erected?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
We need a lot of statues - Largent, Walt, Easley, Tez, Bam Bam, Beast,
Mudbone, Paul Allen and Pete.

SuperSonic67

Reaction score
Yes, I’d say Pete is the #1 choice for a statue. Not only did he win a Superbowl, he also completely changed the culture and landscape of the franchise. It was time for a change, but Pete should always have a front row seat in the history of this TEAM.

SuperSonic67

Reaction score
…and while we’re at it let’s just re-name “Lumen Field” to “Paul Allen Stadium” and call it a day. I’m 100% serious. We would have no team and a dilapidated Kingdome if it weren’t for that guy

McGruff

Reaction score
Yes, I’d say Pete is the #1 choice for a statue. Not only did he win a Superbowl, he also completely changed the culture and landscape of the franchise. It was time for a change, but Pete should always have a front row seat in the history of this TEAM.
Pete AND John AND Paul

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm good with a Pete statute, but the most important non player in our franchise history is without question Paul Allen. Can't have one to honor Pete without first honoring Paul.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
…and while we’re at it let’s just re-name “Lumen Field” to “Paul Allen Stadium” and call it a day. I’m 100% serious. We would have no team and a dilapidated Kingdome if it weren’t for that guy

That's not even pie in the sky. In the context of modern venue and sports economics, it's nonsense.

Lumen is paying an eight-figure amount per year to have its name on the stadium. I miss the days when stadia had their own names and the names weren't decided by corporate-sponsorship deals, but the economics of major-league-sports (and concert and monster-truck-rally) venues makes a return to those days very unlikely.

Hawknight

Reaction score
List of what I would like to see:

1) Entire LOB on the field together

2) Sherman's expression yelling at Erin for his interview after the win to lead us to the Super Bowl

3) The TIP action frozen in time

4) Payton Mannings expression on thr field when the ball sailed over his head what led to the first score to our eventual 1st Super Bowl win..with the Seahawks recovering the ball in Denvers end zone in the background

5) Paul, Pete, John and Russ holding up our Super Bowl trophy together

toffee

Reaction score
YES to a statue for Pete, so long that enough space will be planned for a future statue for Macdonald.

toffee

Reaction score
MacDonald’s statue can replace Pete’s when the time comes. Cause that’s what we do.
nah, I am loving me some ole Pete, his statue will be permanent. But a bigger space must be allocated for our young Macdonald's statue.