Start Chris Carson

chris98251

Reaction score
We have 4 backs potentially that would give a defense different looks,

Lacy a more straight ahead not going to wiggle a lot power guy you have to stop before he gets going or he will gain yards.
Why Bevell insists on guys of this nature running sweeps is beyond me, he did it with Lynch as well and rarely was it positive.

Rawls a human pin ball who can cut sideways and dart thru holes.

Carson who is a one cut and go guy that runs with power and is elusive.

Prosise who can line up anywhere, more a straight ahead guy but has WR speed and hands.

All of them catch the ball, some better then others, Carson a better pass protect back then Rawls and or Prosise from what I have seen.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
StoneCold":2vupah8u said:
In the war of attrition I'm not trading anyone. I wouldn't start him, but I put him on the 53. How many backs do we usually keep? If it's 5 then mine are Rwals, Lacey, Prosise, Carson and an FB. I start with the Rawls/Lacy combo, but either will be on a short leash and Carson could/should be promoted at any poor showing by the lead dogs.

Probably what's going to happen, but I'd like Pete to make a statement and name Carson the starter.

He did it with Russell, and is always preaching he doesn't care about anything other than production. If that's true, then how can Carson not be the starting RB? He's literally the only back that's looked good all camp and pre-season.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2bdzo5y6 said:
StoneCold":2bdzo5y6 said:
In the war of attrition I'm not trading anyone. I wouldn't start him, but I put him on the 53. How many backs do we usually keep? If it's 5 then mine are Rwals, Lacey, Prosise, Carson and an FB. I start with the Rawls/Lacy combo, but either will be on a short leash and Carson could/should be promoted at any poor showing by the lead dogs.

Probably what's going to happen, but I'd like Pete to make a statement and name Carson the starter.

He did it with Russell, and is always preaching he doesn't care about anything other than production. If that's true, then how can Carson not be the starting RB? He's literally the only back that's looked good all camp and pre-season.

The difference I see with the RW comparison is we didn't have any QB's on the team that had played any significant time at the position and shown they can be good. You had Tavaris and Flynn and RW was lights out. Carson has been good, but Rawls was kicking it before he got his ankle rolled over and Lacy has been very productive over the years. It's hard to say if Rawls is injury prone or just had some bad luck last year, same could be said of Lacy. Prosise? That's another matter.

With the way our running game was last year I'm just glad to have some depth. Not saying you're not, just saying.

Rat

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2owob1wq said:
He did it with Russell, and is always preaching he doesn't care about anything other than production. If that's true, then how can Carson not be the starting RB?

27 carries for 161 yards and a TD in a playoff game is good production. I know it's no preseason game against a Chiefs D that had three of their best players sitting out, but lighting up a playoff game is still alright.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Jville":uqlost5x said:
Nobody is stopping you from starting a new thread about any topic or question you want to introduce. :229031_shrug: It's easy.

Starting duplicate threads is generally frowned upon :229031_shrug:

Fudwamper

Reaction score
StoneCold":1jz4gz1f said:
In the war of attrition I'm not trading anyone. I wouldn't start him, but I put him on the 53. How many backs do we usually keep? If it's 5 then mine are Rwals, Lacey, Prosise, Carson and an FB. I start with the Rawls/Lacy combo...

This, keep a position of strength a position of strength.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
If we're looking to trade a RB for a DT, I don't see anyone being particularly excited about Lacy.

They're much likelier to want Rawls.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2727ij4j said:
I ain't got time to watch 5-6 weeks of Rawls/Lacy/Prosise under performing and/or getting hurt before we finally start Carson.

Have the balls Pete to make the call now.

I'm sure PC will.

Carson will start. It's only logical.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rat":1a5jabjx said:
Sgt. Largent":1a5jabjx said:
He did it with Russell, and is always preaching he doesn't care about anything other than production. If that's true, then how can Carson not be the starting RB?

27 carries for 161 yards and a TD in a playoff game is good production. I know it's no preseason game against a Chiefs D that had three of their best players sitting out, but lighting up a playoff game is still alright.

I don't care, I've run out of patience with Rawls, and Prosise for that matter............and I have a feeling Pete has run out of patience as well.

He needs his bell cow back to be available and produce, it's the entire cornerstone of his offensive philosophy.

So if Rawls starts, I better see a short leash on him now that we have a back like Carson ready to produce.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1iii407c said:
Rat":1iii407c said:
Sgt. Largent":1iii407c said:

I don't care, I've run out of patience with Rawls, and Prosise for that matter............and I have a feeling Pete has run out of patience as well.

He needs his bell cow back to be available and produce, it's the entire cornerstone of his offensive philosophy.

So if Rawls starts, I better see a short leash on him now that we have a back like Carson ready to produce.

I think you may be right. For as impressive as Carson has been, Rawls was every bit as impressive during his first camp....kid just can't stay healthy.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I might be the biggest Prosise fan on the forum but I love Carson as well. It will be interesting to see how all of this shakes out. Prosise can have an all world skill set but if he cant stay on the field its useless. I still think he plays a big role this year but Carson has earned the chance at significant playing time right out of the gate.

StoneCold

Reaction score
austinslater25":2ochbd29 said:
I might be the biggest Prosise fan on the forum but I love Carson as well. It will be interesting to see how all of this shakes out. Prosise can have an all world skill set but if he cant stay on the field its useless. I still think he plays a big role this year but Carson has earned the chance at significant playing time right out of the gate.

Not disagreeing with any of this, but it just occurred to me what do you do with Carson if Rawls, Lacy and Prosise are healthy and tearing it up? I realize that's a very good problem to have, but how do you manage so much talent?

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
StoneCold":z3mam7rm said:
I realize that's a very good problem to have, but how do you manage so much talent?

You have a depth chart, and you stick with it.

Which is what I'm nervous about if Carson isn't the #1 back to start. I'm going blow a gasket if I have to watch 4-5 weeks of Lacy and Rawls sputter around not producing before Pete finally pulls the plug on this RBBC experiment.

If anyone has watched what I've watched this camp and pre-season with Carson and says they're STILL nervous about handing him the starting role? I have no idea how you came to that conclusion.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
bigskydoc":6dazfppt said:
Let's just ignore the example I used. I'll put it more directly and simply.

For those of us who feel Carson should be a day-1 starter, or a day-1 second string. Are you comfortable enough with this assessment to put Lacy up for trade, assuming we can find someone to trade with, to fill a position of need?
I would definitely be comfortable with that if I thought Rawls and Prosise were dependable, but they aren't. Lacy will probably be our 2nd most productive back after Carson simply because injury. It would be nice to believe that Rawls can hold up, but it's been 3 straight years, going back to college, where he can't stay on the field. Start Carson and keep a rotation. Prosise should still be in 3rd down packages simply because he's that dangerous if healthy, which is also a stretch. We keep all 4.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Jville":38r48st2 said:
bigskydoc":38r48st2 said:
Jville":38r48st2 said:
[

Have you thought about starting a fresh thread to address what ever the topic is your interested in?

Y'all are the ones ignoring the question I asked, that is appropriate for the thread, and focusing entirely on the fairly insignificant example I used to ask the question.

Nobody is stopping you from starting a new thread about any topic or question you want to introduce. :229031_shrug: It's easy.
Seems to me that you are the one hijacking the thread. If you have got an ax to grind with doc take it to the shack so that I do not have to read through it while trying to read content relevant to the topic. Incidentally, docs question is very relevant to the topic. For those of use (I am one of them) who would like to see Carson start, is your conviction that he should start strong enough that you would support a trade of Lacy to shore up an area of potential weakness? For me the answer is no. I think Carson is ready to carry the load, but I am not ready to bank on a rookie. We have seen too many rookie preseason phenoms get injured once exposed to full time regular season games, or just be generally unready for the competition level. I want Lacy as the insurance policy against a Carson or Rawls injury, or if Carson just isn't as ready as I think he is.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
A strong and controversial take, but can't say I disagree based upon what I have seen so far. What I haven't seen so far is Rawls or Procise doing anything.

tom95

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3sfgltwx said:
Hendo66":3sfgltwx said:
I'm in. Also looks like he can block.

This RB crew of Rawls/Lacy/Prosise looks pretty sketchy to say the least.

Im on the fence. One side of me says we ALWAYS see a preseason hero, whether or not it's real I guess is the coachs job to determine.

We have Lacy with a big contract, but only 1 year. Then we have the injury twins with Rawls and Prosise....im not sure what to do with that RB room right now.

All I know is we cant cut Carson cause he'd get scooped up immediately..

We also had Flynn with a large contract. But that still did not stop the coach and go with a rookie QB.
Carson is hungry to play and it shows. I have no problem going with Carson. He looks like he is earning his shot. The Hawks always find gems in the draft.

Jville

Reaction score
Sun Tzu":3i8yukcy said:
Seems to me that you are the one hijacking the thread. If you have got an ax to grind with doc take it to the shack so that I do not have to read through it while trying to read content relevant to the topic ......

Starting at the beginning on page one helps.

The conversation started on page 1 with .....

Jville":3i8yukcy said:
bigskydoc":3i8yukcy said:
So, for those who agree that Carson is the real deal, what would you think of trading Lacy to Kansas City for Cam Thomas or Jarvis Jenkins?

Sounds like an unnecessary detour.

and this ....
Jville":3i8yukcy said:
bigskydoc":3i8yukcy said:
McDowell appears to be lost for the season. We really need some interior D-line help. Lacy won't net us much in trade, but we might be able to twist KC's arm for a declining vet to help shore things up for both teams. Only reason I could see KC going for it is the season ender to Ware.

Two questions.

#1 Why hijack this thread?

#2 Why the nonsense about replacing a prospect who couldn't show up on time for training camp and has yet to practice a single snap?

My remarks simply questioned the redirect of thread subject from a running back to that of defensive linemen. It's a fair question.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1ja2siaf said:
I would definitely be comfortable with that if I thought Rawls and Prosise were dependable, but they aren't. Lacy will probably be our 2nd most productive back after Carson simply because injury. It would be nice to believe that Rawls can hold up, but it's been 3 straight years, going back to college, where he can't stay on the field. Start Carson and keep a rotation. Prosise should still be in 3rd down packages simply because he's that dangerous if healthy, which is also a stretch. We keep all 4.

This is my feeling exactly. Even if I believed Carson was the Lynch of the future, I don't think I would be comfortable trading Lacy because I'm not sure I can count on Rawls/Prosise if Carson goes down for a stretch, and I think Lacy gives us more than Collins.

(For those among us who are challenged at reading comprehension, no I didn't just claim that Carson is equal to Lynch)

sutz

Reaction score
bigskydoc":bjc41q6u said:
(For those among us who are challenged at reading comprehension, no I didn't just claim that Carson is equal to Lynch)
Since I'm not given to hyperbole much, I understand. Carson has shown some chops this pre-season. But he'll have to do that consistently for several years before he enters Lynch territory. But I am all in for getting him reps early and often this season.