St. Louis Rams Owner Ready To Move To LA

RedAlice

Reaction score
There has always been a STL/LA divide among the fans on some level, but it has become heightened to an insane level since the recent possibility of a move to LA and even moreseo since Kroenke bought the land in Inglewood and then released the stadium announcement in January.

STL now has a very capable task force working on the STL Riverfront stadium.

So, it's a larger issue now than it has ever been. Would be nice if it was resolved soon.

Many fans (like me and Rams128) will remain Rams fans regardless of where they play. It seems to me that most (not all) STL fans will only be fans if they stay in STL.

I have seen several STL Cardinal fans who post on the AZ forum, so yes there are still some Cardinal fans in STL.

This owners meeting is not making anything clearer, so the arguing and divide will just continue for the rest of the year or so.

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":11crhope said:
Are there a lot of Arizona Cardinal fans left in St. Louis?

No, not many left. There is a sports bar or two in the metro area in which some AZ fans meet but as a percentage of NFL fans in the area it is minuscule just like it is miniuscule for Rams fans in LA before the new stadium proposal hoo hah. How many AZ fans in the area use the sunday ticket I do not know.

Rex

Reaction score
Throwdown":1v1uvsl3 said:
I'm loyal to my soil, when the sonics left so did my loyalty.

Damn right. Paying taxes for their stadium and then PSLs?

netskier

Reaction score
LA now supports both the Lakers and the clippers, so I don't see why it can't support two, or even more, football teams that win most of the time.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
netskier":oqzwrf27 said:
LA now supports both the Lakers and the clippers, so I don't see why it can't support two, or even more, football teams that win most of the time.
And that right there is the crux of the matter.

chris98251

Reaction score
The Rams and the Chargers I doubt share a stadium due to a bitter history going back to the 50's, the Chargers felt they owned the Market back then and they do now. Raiders and Chargers have a bitter rivalry going back to the AFC inception. I could see the Rams Raiders sharing a stadium. But other then that there would need to be some burying of the hatchet between the Chargers and Rams to get it done. I have heard about a Raiders Chargers situation but that would create a need for a major re alignment, Also I don't think the league wants to give up the rivalry's and market clout the Raiders have in their division with the Chargers, Broncos and Chiefs.

netskier

Reaction score
Ha. A Raiders Chargers situation would be unbelievably tragicomical, almost a recipe for a riot.

The funniest thing I ever saw in a football stadium occurred in San Diego, when the Chargers hosted the Eagles. With the Eagles marching down field, the Chargers fans were screaming "Kill Oakland". I still chuckle wherever I think about this years later.

RedAlice

Reaction score
It's refreshing to me to read the comments here where everyone is not shoulder deep in the muck of it all. It's a huge swamp right now. To every thought or comment brought up - they all have been spun around and roasted til charred like a burnt pig on a spit.

Some of my favorites right now:

Rams & Chargers to LA @ Inglewood. Raiders to STL.
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/3/24/ ... gers-to-la

It's not only him - this one has others throwing it out there. All of these concepts are just ideas based on the many options. I believe that no one right now knows what will happen, and only Kroenke knows what he plans to try.

Other one:

Kroenke buys Raiders and moves them to LA, he sells Rams to a STL group and they stay in STL in the Riverfront stadium. Chargers - no one really cares in this scenario. I guess stay in SD or go to Inglewood w Kroenke Raiders.

The obvious, Raiders & Chargers to Carson and Rams stay in STL. This requires an NFC W / AFC W swap of teams.

All three teams get a stadium and LA gets nothing.

....entertaining at least. Some also think Raiders/Chargers declare they are moving at the May owners meeting in order to trump Kroenke trying to move.

Or, Kroenke does that.

Well.....

RedAlice

Reaction score
I also have to admit that I keep reading STL Rams Talk.....the crazies both in LA and STL are more insane than I have ever seen on any topic ever at any time in any place.

It's not even possible to side with those who like what you like - they are all insane. I hope the NFL answers this soon.

kpak76

Reaction score
Marvin49":3e7cyj53 said:
...and if the Rams can get the ball rolling on a stadium, I'd expect the Raiders to try to jump in on that deal and move with them.

Mark Davis is poor by NFL Owner standards and needs someone else to get the ball rolling...Rams ownership fits the bill.

Makes you wonder, why in the hell did the Raiders and Rams move out of there in the first place. Wow took LA long enough to build a stadium though.

RedAlice

Reaction score
kpak76":1b058vba said:
Marvin49":1b058vba said:
...and if the Rams can get the ball rolling on a stadium, I'd expect the Raiders to try to jump in on that deal and move with them.

Mark Davis is poor by NFL Owner standards and needs someone else to get the ball rolling...Rams ownership fits the bill.

Makes you wonder, why in the hell did the Raiders and Rams move out of there in the first place. Wow took LA long enough to build a stadium though.

No. There is nothing to wonder about as to why the Rams left. The blood-sucking, money-hungry, serial killing Female Dog owner named Georgia stole them away from LA to get more $$$$$. Has zero to do with Rams in LA.

I don't actually know about why the Raiders left. Nor do I care.

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":la7wz45v said:
kpak76":la7wz45v said:
Marvin49":la7wz45v said:

No. There is nothing to wonder about as to why the Rams left. The blood-sucking, money-hungry, serial killing Female Dog owner named Georgia stole them away from LA to get more $$$$$. Has zero to do with Rams in LA.

Georgia rocks! She wanted to build a winner which takes money and did so in St. Louis. Little 'ol St. Louis! St. Louis with a metropolitan area population of 2.8 million still outdraws LA metropolitan area with a population of 18.2 million! LA is 6X larger than St. Louis for those challenged by math. So all Georgia did was move to a much smaller market and WIN the Super Bowl in the 5th year. It was a 43 years NFL championship drought in LA. Thank you Georgia!

georgia-frontiere.jpg

510c354084405preview 300
Georgiafrontiere

Thank You Madame Ram!

RedAlice

Reaction score
Yep! And that is the difference between LA and STL Rams fans. Smile.

One city sells their soul for a whore and now wants to sell it again to pay the pimp.

Pics like this and many many more crazy things can be seen at STL Rams Talk. It's more adorable when Rex does it though.

chris98251

Reaction score
Don't forget her alleged participation in Carroll Rosenbloom's murder which I believe and then locking out his kids from any ownership of the Rams and inheritance.

RedAlice

Reaction score
And @Rex: this is exactly why I feel zero sympathy for STL fans IF the Rams do go home to their teenage stomping grounds. Exactly the things you just expressed.

STL fans had Zero sympathy for LA fans when Rams moved to STL. And now act like it's a bad thing for a team to leave their home. 20 years ago: they celebrated.