Speed and Power. Why I was giddy today. Yes, I said giddy.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I don't recall if it was toward the end of the first half or the beginning of the second half. But as I watched the game today on a "pass rush" down and saw Irvin, Bennett, Clark and Avril all lined up like hungry dogs about to be released from a kennel for a slab of meat, I couldn't help but have a huge smile on my face.

With Clark finally starting to do what he did in the preseason and Irvin playing the run much better this is a line reminiscent of the 2013 Superbowl winning team.

Dunno about you guys but I got real excited and can't wait to watch that every game going forward.

If I had to pick one thing defensively that's helping us aside from Williams being replaced by Shead it is these guys finding it as a unit. Now we just need Hill to come back and do what he was doing before getting hurt last year and our defense is going to have a lot of turnovers and wins on their belt going forward.

We have this perfect mixture of speed and power on the D-line. Not just one guy who can do it but all four. Can really see this team in the playoffs having the best D-line once again.

No longer the team no one wants to play at home, we're the team no one wants to play, period.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I've been salivating over this line up since Clarks preseason. It was nice to finally see it in action.

OP
OP
BigMeach

BigMeach

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3odef845 said:
I've been salivating over this line up since Clarks preseason. It was nice to finally see it in action.

I agree and don't think I'd be going out on a limb to say we all felt/feel that way. Think it just hit me today with Clark finally doing what he did in the preseason and seeing them all lined up to rush the QB. Great feeling...

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
BigMeach":rwa31mu0 said:
I don't recall if it was toward the end of the first half or the beginning of the second half. But as I watched the game today on a "pass rush" down and saw Irvin, Bennett, Clark and Avril all lined up like hungry dogs about to be released from a kennel for a slab of meat, I couldn't help but have a huge smile on my face.

With Clark finally starting to do what he did in the preseason and Irvin playing the run much better this is a line reminiscent of the 2013 Superbowl winning team.

Dunno about you guys but I got real excited and can't wait to watch that every game going forward.

If I had to pick one thing defensively that's helping us aside from Williams being replaced by Shead it is these guys finding it as a unit. Now we just need Hill to come back and do what he was doing before getting hurt last year and our defense is going to have a lot of turnovers and wins on their belt going forward.

We have this perfect mixture of speed and power on the D-line. Not just one guy who can do it but all four. Can really see this team in the playoffs having the best D-line once again.

No longer the team no one wants to play at home, we're the team no one wants to play, period.

Yeah this was the " NASCAR" Dline in full throttle and healthy. Rubin and Mebane did great plugging the middle as well.

Rob12

Reaction score
I joyfully laughed numerous times today. Seeing Russ and Doug connect for those TD's, and watching Frank Clark blowing up plays repeatedly... So fun to watch. Today was beautiful.