Source: Texans leaning toward Will Anderson

HawksNation

Reaction score
Boy would this shake things up,
Could this spur JS to actually go get a QB of the Future in either Bryce Young or CJ Stroud.

This could also just be a smokescreen to convince Carolina to take Bryce Young assuming Texans actually want the bigger bodied Stroud.

Let me preface by saying I don’t think Seattle is moving up, I doubt it would be worth the cost.

Last edited:

bileever

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to take this. I don't see it as a smokescreen, since you're not going to be able influence someone picking before you with this kind of thing. It could be that they have legitimate questions about Stroud (or Young) vs. Anderson. I would.

But yes, I think if they take Anderson, then Arizona's pick just got a lot more. valuable, and they'll definitely find a trading partner. Unfortunately, the Texans taking Anderson doesn't help us any.

OP
OP
H

HawksNation

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to take this. I don't see it as a smokescreen, since you're not going to be able influence someone picking before you with this kind of thing. It could be that they have legitimate questions about Stroud (or Young) vs. Anderson. I would.

But yes, I think if they take Anderson, then Arizona's pick just got a lot more. valuable, and they'll definitely find a trading partner. Unfortunately, the Texans taking Anderson doesn't help us any.
There is some talk of Texans taking Anderson at 2, trading up with Arizona at 3 to take Stroud.

But I think that’s unlikely.

OP
OP
H

HawksNation

Reaction score
Carolina- Young
Texans- Will Anderson
Arizona- Jalen Carter
Colts- CJ Stroud
Seahawks- Trade?

Assuming Richardson is available, Seahawks may be in a position to capitalize on a trade.

This assumes that no team was willing to pay the piper to move up to 3.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I have zero issue with other teams taking Anderson before the Seahawks pick. I believe the Seahawks need an interior DL more than an edge player (Anderson).

OP
OP
H

HawksNation

Reaction score
I have zero issue with other teams taking Anderson before the Seahawks pick. I believe the Seahawks need an interior DL more than an edge player (Anderson).
But if Anderson and Carter are off the board, doesn’t leave a lot of options unless your sold in Tyree Wilson.
I think 5 is too high for Witherspoon.
( even though I love the player)

ivotuk

Reaction score
Demeco Ryans said something along the lines of "One player won't be our savior this year."

Which I think means that they are taking the long view on rebuilding, and not trying to hit the jackpot at #2.

They might like next year's QBs better, and would be happy adding extra picks and players this year and/or in 2024.

I'm pretty sure that's where the Seahawks are at.

GemCity

Reaction score
Demeco Ryans said something along the lines of "One player won't be our savior this year."

Which I think means that they are taking the long view on rebuilding, and not trying to hit the jackpot at #2.

They might like next year's QBs better, and would be happy adding extra picks and players this year and/or in 2024.

100% agree pertaining to the Hawks. IMO, we need at least TWO more solid drafts.

Doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy the ride…errrr…journey.

Chevy

Reaction score
So what players would you want at #5?

Chevy

Reaction score

The Texans have a legit bad roster that will have them picking top-5 next year. Not the case with the Seahawks. We will probably be a playoff team, so picking in the 20's next year. Flawless QB's go top-3 and there probably #1 and #2 next year. You have a better chance of winning the Mega Million lottery than trading up, from the 20's, to #1 or #2 overall to land a can't miss QB prospect.

Last edited:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
So what players would you want at #5?
If Carter and Anderson are gone, I prefer trading the #5 pick. I think the Seahawk targets should be interior dline help. Nwosu, Taylor, Robinson, Mafe, Onujiogu, Tyreke Smith are all OLB/Edge players that's why I'm saying the edge is less of a need. They have addressed this position heavily already. Their DTs are Jones, Reed, Mone, Adams, Hewitt. So there is a significant hole there, especially at NT.

However, Anderson would be the BPA if he's there at #5 so I'd take him.
But if Anderson and Carter are off the board, doesn’t leave a lot of options unless your sold in Tyree Wilson.
I think 5 is too high for Witherspoon.
( even though I love the player)
Never said anything about picking a DB at #5 in my post but I agree that #5 is too high for Witherspoon. Nice player though.

Last edited:

Own The West

Reaction score
If Houston grabs Anderson, I see AZ trading down. He was the whole reason to stand pat as a safe pick at a position of need. I don’t see them willing to assume Carter’s risk when they could parlay #3 into multiple quality picks.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Boy would this shake things up,
Could this spur JS to actually go get a QB of the Future in either Bryce Young or CJ Stroud.

This could also just be a smokescreen to convince Carolina to take Bryce Young assuming Texans actually want the bigger bodied Stroud.

Let me preface by saying I don’t think Seattle is moving up, I doubt it would be worth the cost.

It’s only worth it for a QB. But it’s rare that it works out.

warden

Reaction score
If Houston is not grabbing a QB, they will be looking for a trading partner

James in PA

Reaction score
Well, if Houston is serious and John absolutely loves QB in this draft not named Young, this is our big opportunity. I never liked the idea of Arizona as a trade partner for Seattle. Houston makes more sense and would be a win-win for both clubs. Opposite conferences. Seattle gets it QB and Houston gets extra draft capital without having to move down too far. Plus it likely screws their division rival Indy from getting the QB they want.

Chevy

Reaction score
If Carter and Anderson are gone, I prefer trading the #5 pick. I think the Seahawk targets should be interior dline help. Nwosu, Taylor, Robinson, Mafe, Onujiogu, Tyreke Smith are all OLB/Edge players that's why I'm saying the edge is less of a need. They have addressed this position heavily already. Their DTs are Jones, Reed, Mone, Adams, Hewitt. So there is a significant hole there, especially at NT.

However, Anderson would be the BPA if he's there at #5 so I'd take him.

Never said anything about picking a DB at #5 in my post but I agree that #5 is too high for Witherspoon. Nice player though.
So which interior defensive prospects do you think the Seahawks should target if they trade down from #5?

OP
OP
H

HawksNation

Reaction score
Well, if Houston is serious and John absolutely loves QB in this draft not named Young, this is our big opportunity. I never liked the idea of Arizona as a trade partner for Seattle. Houston makes more sense and would be a win-win for both clubs. Opposite conferences. Seattle gets it QB and Houston gets extra draft capital without having to move down too far. Plus it likely screws their division rival Indy from getting the QB they want.
Hopefully we get the division screwing discount 😂