Sounds like we'll add a RB

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rocket":2wq61nkm said:
McCaffrey. He's got athlete in his genes and he focuses.

Why do I have a sinking feeling that McCaffrey is going to drop to the Patriots, where he's going to make the next 15 Pro Bowls.

Jville

Reaction score
^^^

Isn't C.J. Prosise that guy? And isn't George Farmer the plan B alternate?

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Jville":2766m4eg said:
^^^

Isn't C.J. Prosise that guy? And isn't George Farmer the plan B alternate?

Prosise is an incredible talent that will help us in the 4 or 5 games he plays in a season when he is not injured. He is not a solution, but more of a stopgap until we can find a less injury prone alternative. "Counting" on prosise would be a mistake. I like the guy, but his injury history is easy to look up, and it has been a recurring problem for him.

Farmer is in development, so I am not ready to make any judgement calls on him, but from what we have seen so far, he has a ways to go.

Largent80

Reaction score
Isn't Prosise injured more than he plays?

Isn't Rawls injured more than he plays?

Those are your top 2 guys. Im not comfortable with them making it through a season let alone multiple seasons.

ceehawk80

Reaction score
Need to draft RB D'Onta Freeman Texas 6'-4" 240LBS. Guy has power, fights for every inch, has good speed, toughness. Could be the next Beastmode. Looks to have that same hunger as Marshawn.

Tical21

Reaction score
No offense, but if they draft Mccaffrey or Foreman, I'm turning the draft off in disgust. I probably want those two players less than any other two players in the draft. I'd rather have Mitch Trubisky.

ceehawk80

Reaction score
Tical21":3c7rzcvy said:
No offense, but if they draft Mccaffrey or Foreman, I'm turning the draft off in disgust. I probably want those two players less than any other two players in the draft. I'd rather have Mitch Trubisky.

Why so down on Foreman?

Tical21

Reaction score
ceehawk80":21z73avv said:
Tical21":21z73avv said:

Why so down on Foreman?
I wanted to like him, but he's just not explosive. He's got a lot of Shaun Alexander in him too. He'd probably do pretty well playing for a team with an elite line, but he isn't going to make his own yards often enough to succeed with ours. Also, he has a ton of wear on the tread already. He's just too redundant with Alex Collins.

Tical21

Reaction score
Largent80":37qgr1h9 said:
McCaffrey however IS going to be a star in this league.
I don't see it at all. We're talking about a guy that is walking around at about 170 lbs if he isn't a football player, and isn't fast or quick enough to make up for the lack of strength. I think he's never more than a 3rd down back. I think he's a quite a bit slower Reggie Bush. If he tries to play as a runner, he's gonna be banged up bad. There's a chance the right team uses him the right way, but it isn't the style I'd like to see the Seahawks play.

Ozzy

Reaction score
This place is going to go nuts if they pick up Mixon.

Seymour

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/theScore/status/839246993583136768[/tweet]

knownone

Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if Seattle is also interested in Peterson... I doubt they'd go over 3-4 million a year though and it sounds like he wants 6-8.

kobebryant

Reaction score
It would surprise me in that Peterson isn't particularly good running out of the gun, and the Seahawks are what - 60-70% - in the gun?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'm really warming up to the idea of bringing in AP at a feasible price tag. He wants a ring and we're ready to go. He's also quite familiar with our system. I really think he'll be hugely motivated this season and when he's in that frame of mind, look out!

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":18avay40 said:
I'm really warming up to the idea of bringing in AP at a feasible price tag. He wants a ring and we're ready to go. He's also quite familiar with our system. I really think he'll be hugely motivated this season and when he's in that frame of mind, look out!

Ready to go? Like where? Worst Oline in the NFL is ready for change not ready to go. I would be for this ONLY if first priority is Oline and they are actually able to compete and not make the Rams and Cards like like contenders.

And motivation doesn't make a huge difference if he is out of gas as last season indicated "could be" the case.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":e0sb7qnf said:
Siouxhawk":e0sb7qnf said:

Ready to go? Like where? Worst Oline in the NFL is ready for change not ready to go. I would be for this ONLY if first priority is Oline and they are actually able to compete and not make the Rams and Cards like like contenders.

And motivation doesn't make a huge difference if he is out of gas as last season indicated "could be" the case.
Fair points, but I believe our line will be much better and AP has a couple of highly-productive years left in him. But at the right price.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Here's the real gem. Peterson wants to come here BECAUSE of Bevell.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/christomasson/status/839251863853740034[/tweet]