Sonics/NHL/New arena thread

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
ShyCheetah":lzossowt said:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=452095

Shy

/sigh

So, the NHL says - If you had an arena we'd give you a team. (Reading between the lines)

We can't build the arena with no NBA team coming.

But the NBA is not going to give us an expansion team, and they blocked the last sale of a team to Hansen/Ballmer.

So that's pretty much where it ends.

Tumblr lyrozjfxtP1qgmge6o1 250

JOz56

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":cnd31wug said:
ShyCheetah":cnd31wug said:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=452095

Shy

/sigh

So, the NHL says - If you had an arena we'd give you a team. (Reading between the lines)

We can't build the arena with no NBA team coming.

But the NBA is not going to give us an expansion team, and they blocked the last sale of a team to Hansen/Ballmer.

So that's pretty much where it ends.

Tumblr lyrozjfxtP1qgmge6o1 250

Good thing we played nice though while everyone else got to do the screwing. Otherwise we may never get considered one day for a team that will never come. :lol:

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Heard a blurb on one of the sportsradio stations that the NHL head honchos were here recently to talk to the politicos to see if they can get the city to change the MOU to be "Hockey first", the mayor and company said, no.

So unless the NHL says "censored it" we are going to Seattle reguardless of new arena or not, it won't happen until the NBA gets their crap together which isn't likely in my lifetime. sigh...............

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I just don't have any expectations of anything good anymore. Hansen and Ballmer meant well, but they utterly botched the Kings debacle and somehow ended up with no team. They don't have interest in covering the cost gap for a hockey team coming first anyway, so Seattle not changing the MOU doesn't matter.

I hope everyone enjoys the expansion Portland Winterhawks or whatever. I know I'll be irritated at everyone involved.

The NBA doesn't want to be here and the NHL does, and yet we end up kowtowing to the league that doesn't want to be here and brushing off the league that does. Fan-friggin'-tastic.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Gee Hockey loves us and wants to be here ..Makes an effort to show how much -unlike the putrid NBA..Yet we get nothing because of some stupid piece of paper...How hard is it to have vision?Why does one have to block the other?
Make a Hockey owner build his own arena without taxpayer$ ..How would any paper block that?how did Seattle goverment get so screwed up?Fustrating to say the least..

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3cykieor said:
Gee Hockey loves us and wants to be here ..Makes an effort to show how much -unlike the putrid NBA..Yet we get nothing because of some stupid piece of paper...How hard is it to have vision?Why does one have to block the other?
Make a Hockey owner build his own arena without taxpayer$ ..How would any paper block that?how did Seattle goverment get so screwed up?Fustrating to say the least..
As someone who doesn't have any love for either political party, in my opinion the Seattle city government has been screwed up my 45.5 years are this planet. Nothing is stopping a hockey owner from building his own arena here but the cost is so immense it's very tough to do so.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5
So...that may give you an indication of where Victor Coleman thinks a new #SeattleArena should go.... #NHL

Coleman has bet bigger on SoDo, in the world of Real Estate, than even Chris Hansen. #SeattleArena #NHL

Those two Coleman purchases amount to $281 MILLION - well above appraised value - near the Stadium District.

Land Records show Coleman purchased the 83 King Building (1st/King) for a whopping $224 MILLION back in July 2013. Next block for $57.65m

Okay - looks like I undersold the value of the land acquired by prospective NHL Owner Victor Coleman in Seattle's SoDo neighborhood....

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Cool little video that I saw was posted

[youtube]Rqiuvadwyzk[/youtube]

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hard video for me to watch...Man it just emotionally sucks..

Latest posts