Sonics/NHL/New arena thread

IndyHawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":9uq77ylr said:
I just get the feeling that the NBA is done here.... for a long long time.

That Chris Hansen arena deal, then the rally, the excitement, the hope, was kind of the last gasp, ya know? Then we get our hopes crushed again by the NBA. We really went out on a limb emotionally. You can only get screwed over so many times before the damage is permanent, and there is no reconciliation.

We were done so wrong the way the Sonics were stolen, the NBA and Stern were so on-board with the theft. Then they actively wanted to protect Sac and Milwaukee? Went out of their way to protect Sac. Where was that protection for Seattle?

Man, its over. I loved the Sonics. But screw the NBA.
:13:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Did anyone notice the Bucks 25yr old arena is considered obsolete.. The owner who is buying says he'll put 100million and Kohl says he will donate 100 million towards a new arena but the cost is expected to be over 400 million..Who is going to pay the other 200+ million?Bucks taxpayers...Sux to be you..

Throwdown

Reaction score
That's the devil in the details, is Milwaukee willing to pay up. These owners are hedge fund guys like Hansen, but from NY, they have no loyalty to Milwaukee.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":rpj5i594 said:
m0ng0":rpj5i594 said:
Seahawks1983":rpj5i594 said:
m0ng0":rpj5i594 said:
You guys kill me with this whole the NBA OWES you a team, your team left.......DEAL with it, the only way a team is coming back is if you build an arena and with the local politics going on that ain't going to happen. Hate the Mariners, hate the NBA, hate whomever you want but until YOU can get an arena built its all bullsh*t!

peace and love from Portland :th2thumbs:

Your comment is so misguided and full of crap it isn't even funny.

Really? full of crap? how so? It seems you can't take it when someone is bluntly honest with you.......DOES the Nba owe you a team? Do you have an actual arena? or are you still looking at artist renditions? Or are you still clinging to the idea that if you put lipstick on a pig (key arena) that the NBA will come crawling back? Nobody is coming to Seattle until you get an arena built, and no one wants to pay the bills for an arena with no team, please tell me how that is misguided and full of crap please.

Because no one is going to build an arena without the promise of a team, genius.

And the MOU, purchased land, finalized plans, and financing are all in place. But you knew that already, troll.

Oh I am a troll? And lets not forget misguided and full of crap? how is that MOU, purchased land, finalized plans and financing working out for you? You can't get the kings and now you can't get the bucks.......

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
m0ng0":2scmgco6 said:
how is that MOU, purchased land, finalized plans and financing working out for you? You can't get the kings and now you can't get the bucks.......

That's cold man. Wanna come over and kick my dog too? :cry:

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
m0ng0":2yoa6t6z said:
Seahawks1983":2yoa6t6z said:
You guys kill me with this whole the NBA OWES you a team, your team left.......DEAL with it, the only way a team is coming back is if you build an arena and with the local politics going on that ain't going to happen. Hate the Mariners, hate the NBA, hate whomever you want but until YOU can get an arena built its all bullsh*t!

peace and love from Portland :th2thumbs:

Your comment is so misguided and full of crap it isn't even funny.

Really? full of crap? how so? It seems you can't take it when someone is bluntly honest with you.......DOES the Nba owe you a team? Do you have an actual arena? or are you still looking at artist renditions? Or are you still clinging to the idea that if you put lipstick on a pig (key arena) that the NBA will come crawling back? Nobody is coming to Seattle until you get an arena built, and no one wants to pay the bills for an arena with no team, please tell me how that is misguided and full of crap please.

Because no one is going to build an arena without the promise of a team, genius.

And the MOU, purchased land, finalized plans, and financing are all in place. But you knew that already, troll.

Oh I am a troll? And lets not forget misguided and full of crap? how is that MOU, purchased land, finalized plans and financing working out for you? You can't get the kings and now you can't get the bucks.......
Enjoy the crap league that is the NBA. Crap product, crap commish(s)....

Throwdown

Reaction score
Ownership group hasn't been approved... At least yet, but a bit more clarity on the bucks to Seattle, sounds like HBN didn't even try because of Kohl.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 2,329
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 2,329
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 2,329

chris98251

Reaction score
So I wonder if this is another leverage scheme by the NBA to try to up the Anti and bring other players into the mix, if the sale is not approved for some reason or there are stipulations such as where is the other 200 million for the arena at and does it need a approval of the tax payers etc first there could be a open bid possibly made and the stay in Milwaukee aspect thrown out.

NBA playing the Market again.

Throwdown

Reaction score
You could be right my man, this was Daniels' last tweet on the subject so far today...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 2,323

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
m0ng0":czjbr452 said:

And your solution is to go ahead and build the arena anyways.

You aren't good at this.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It's a screwed up situation...Build it if hockey will come and worry about NBA later since they think we should bend over for them...

Vpk0718

Reaction score
So the league that actually wants to come here and that I've wanted to come here since I was a little kid can't because the NBA can't get it's act together and get a team here

SCREW
THE
NBA

chris98251

Reaction score
I wish that Balmer would just go all Microsoft on the NBA nad wait and buy one of the franchises Like San Diego and move them because he can.

chris98251

Reaction score
Throwdown":3l7b6wyh said:
San Diego doesn't have a team... How long has it been since YOU'VE watched, Chris?

The Clippers use the LA arena but in my mind they are still SD.

Latest posts